shape
carat
color
clarity

more sizing questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not buy that setting unless you are going to have a stone close to 7mm. Those settings probably come with a different size head for a 6.5mm stone. I doubt it would be a big deal to size the band down a size or so.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Band sizing is not a big deal, that can be changed easily but not so for center stones. If it is meant for a 7 mm stone, then that is what it will fit. If your stone is 6.5 mm, that is what you need to look for. Sorry.
7.gif

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
So, if I''m looking at existing settings vs. having one custom made, and it says 7mm, what''s the wiggle room? Obviously, it''s going to be difficult to find a stone with exactly 7mm diameter. Would 6.95 x 7.02 be ok? Does it need to stay under the listed number or can it go over or is there a percentage that it can be off from the setting? Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, my guess is that for a 7 mm setting, a stone with a touch of wiggle room like 6.95 x 7.02 will fit.

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I''m just making up numbers, but it gives me an idea. :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
rather than trying to cheap out on a setting, why not get a stone you can afford now and set it in a simple solitaire until you can just get a setting your really want. I think if you *settle* for a deal you may find, there is a chance you''ll not be completely happy and end up spending more money to get what you really wanted to begin with. at least that''s how i''ve done it over and over until my hubby finally said to me what I now use as a tagline...

to answer you question, I agree witht the others, that a 6.5 probably won''t fit, but yes, a 6.9 probably will. definitely verify with a jeweler though.

pearlmans has beautiful tacori right now in their deals section that will hold a 6.5 round if that''s what you are looking for...

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/previously-owned-jewelry/rings/096PO1/0/

tacorigreatdeal6.png

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/30/2007 9:22:08 AM
Author: mrssalvo
rather than trying to cheap out on a setting, why not get a stone you can afford now and set it in a simple solitaire until you can just get a setting your really want.

I just had my diamonds destroyed. It sounds like we will be getting the full insured value from the insurance co. So, really I have a decent bit to spend (upwards of $13K), if I want to. I''m just not sure that I want to spend it all right now. I definitely want something unique though. A simple solitaire just doesn''t do it for me.

I want to love whatever I get, and I''m having a really hard time deciding what to do.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, you have a wonderful budget to get a gorgeous stone and gorgeous settings so I surely would take my time and try to find something that makes your heart sing on both counts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results