shape
carat
color
clarity

More sidestones for your perusal.... Plus new ovals!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the trillions with the mint tourmaline and the rounds with the spinel. And I don't normally like orange but I LOVE that spess combo!!! :love:

Your asscher tourmaline ring is still one of my fave colored stone rings on PS! I will never get tired of seeing that beautiful ring :love: :love: :love:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1311071344|2972062 said:
So where do I start? First off, thanks for providing another shot of "the Sinister Ring," my all time favorite. :appl: :love: :appl: I love that and will never get tired of looking at it. You got some great imagination, girl.

Second, you are now officially one of my idols **imagine little emoticon on knees, bowing down to you** The fact that you collect these diamond pairs in earrings you take apart?!! How brilliant are you? If I was as good with money as you are, I'd have a boatload of fine jewelry. I think I'll just save myself a lot of time and follow you around on PS, buying whatever you have and making rings just like you... :lickout: okay, not really cause you might think I was some kind of syber stalker

You definitely take the cake for ingenuity and I can't wait to see the finished products...
Minous, you are hilarious and so sweet! My jeweler deserves the credit for that setting, i just said super sinister with double claws, please. :twisted: Stalk stalk away and drop me a line if you want help finding bargain sidesstones. For fun I added up what I've spent on eBay to get the four pairs here of cumulative 2.75ctw sidestones and got $1088. If I paid myself by the hour for hunting these down I would be broke, but it's kind of a hobby. Any ingenuity is driven not just by my skinflintiness but by my visceral reaction to what places are charging for matched fancy pairs. See for $12 more I could have gotten these .37 half moons!

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/matching-diamondsside-stones-37-total-weight-half-moons

T

talamasca

Fab combinations, but I'm a sucker for trillions and teamed with the pink I think they look great.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1311076370|2972105 said:
I like the colour and size combination of the spinel with the trillions. The aqua will need different sidestones. As for the asscher setting, wow! That's a good price for the design and metal used. Will he deal with long distance customers (US based) or only in-store/walk-in customers?

He has offered the send me pictures of waxes if I couldn't make it in the store. I do know of one girl from NC who I think went to their store in VA where they discussed the design which was then completed remotely. She posted it here. They say they get a lot of calls from people who saw my tourmaline ring on pricescope. They hand carve wax so you might see pictures of sketches or waxes for approval. I have not seen them use CAD. This run-on sentence is not directed to you, Chrono, but to lurkers: they've never asked me for any money until I picked up my finished ring, even with gold prices being so crazy, so if you contact them please be respectful of their time and materials because they are the nicest family.

Pregcurious asked if they work in platinum. They do. When I commented to the jeweler that with gold prices so high I might as well get platinum he said, 1) platinum is much denser and used at a higher purity so he uses about twice the platinum as he would gold for the same volume finished piece and 2) it takes him twice as long to finish a piece so the labor cost is higher. Btw- quotes from them have been more like ranges calculated exactly upon the weight of the finished piece but they have been very very reasonable.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Those photos on your hand are very helpful: I still think the spinel and the trillions will look fantastic, and the tourmaline needs something else. You could use the smaller rounds, but if those aren't pleasing to you IRL it might be worth considering some colored stones for side stones. A soft pink or peachy tourmaline pair?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Aoife|1311096878|2972341 said:
Those photos on your hand are very helpful: I still think the spinel and the trillions will look fantastic, and the tourmaline needs something else. You could use the smaller rounds, but if those aren't pleasing to you IRL it might be worth considering some colored stones for side stones. A soft pink or peachy tourmaline pair?

You are reading my mind! I just remembered I have a pair of peachy pink octagons from Dan Stair in my safe deposit box back in the US.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie|1311098160|2972354 said:
Aoife|1311096878|2972341 said:

You are reading my mind! I just remembered I have a pair of peachy pink octagons from Dan Stair in my safe deposit box back in the US.

Now those I would love to see!

pixies

Shiny_Rock
I don't have anything of worth to contribute but...

I love the spessartite combo! That's going to be a stunning ring. I can't wait to see it. All of your custom pieces have been amazing thus far, and I'm sure these will be no different!

Can I ask what the dimensions of the step-cut earrings are? The proportions of the layout look great.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Pixies! The center stone is 10.66 x 6.43 and if I measured them right the emeralds are 5.2x3.2. I think they are 30 points each.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
When you add the spess and spinel (with the trills, I hope) you will be making a substantial contribution to your impressive RHR collection- let's see what L. can do with the tourmaline in a pendant! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results