shape
carat
color
clarity

More selection of diamonds in January?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
I have been on my endless search for the "perfect" diamond for the past couple of weeks and I was wondering, it doesn''t look like there is TOO much to pick from nowadays which could be because of the holiday season. My question is, will the online vendors be getting more diamonds in soon so I will know when to continue my search or is whats out there now pretty much what I will have to pick In January?? We are still deciding between a Scott Kay setting or a solitaire so I am not ready to buy anything as of right now but I have been looking at our price range for both settings and it doesn''t look like their is a lot to choose from.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what are you looking for? larger stones have been slim pickins for a while now...I don''t know how long that will last but it seems there have been less of the stones above 1.5c for a while and not much of anything new in the 2-3c range.

you can also call vendors and ask about their stock, for example I know that Brian @ WF goes to Antwerp every few months to look at the new stock....so a trip may be planned soon, or another vendor may have new stock coming in etc.

sometimes also they know what is coming in, so it does benefit you to call around and see if you can find something before it hits the websites or the display cases.

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
Oh that''s a good idea! Lately I have just been surfing their websites. I am not looking for anything that big! If we go with the SK setting, I would like to get a .75 ideal cut diamond. If we go with the solitaire, I am looking for a .85-.90 ideal cut depending on the price. I''m not really sure how much what I want would cost exactly.

I''m waiting for a friend to get back to me on a setting price so I can make my decision.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In the size range you are seeking, I do not think waiting will improve the selection. There are many diamonds in your range that are finely cut and no reason to think there will be any great amount added to the mix after the Holidays. The selection of large diamonds is much less than in the size you are hunting for. The reason there are few to select from is the fine degree quality you are willing to settle for. That makes stones rare to an extent.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The selection will be less and if there is a good selling season expect huge price increases the first part of next year.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To the contrary, I think that in January (maybe only in Feb) there will be more goods available with well connected retailers.

Pricing of rough (much higher) and polished (hardly any change) turned cutting very difficult for the past few months. Now, I have the impression that the market is stabilizing again, and this could bring about an increased supply.

We, for one, have more goods than ever in production, and they will be ready for sale in January. And it would amaze me if we were alone in this situation.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results