shape
carat
color
clarity

More future-y stuff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
I just had so much fun on that site!

Okay so I have light brown eyes that sometimes look green if you look really close or if I''ve been crying...I know kinda weird but true. My mom has green eyes and my dad''s Italian so that''s where the brown comes from. E has beautiful green eyes, his mom has these amazing light blue eyes and his dad has light brown eyes.

We''d both love for our babies to have his mom''s eyes but it looks like there''s a bout a 50% chance of brown and 40% chance of green with only 10% left for the lovely blue. Oh, who am I kidding I won''t care what color their eyes are they will be gorgeous to me! LOL

Markie

Rough_Rock
Oo, you guys got me thinking about this now! I think my BF is so handsome, I want my kids to look just like him! My BF and I both have hazel eyes, but I have no idea if that means our kids will. We both have curly hair too so basically our offspring are cursed. I hope they are darker like he is though, I have reddish blonde and am so fair-skinned- my kids will kill me if they get frizzy hair AND sunburn because of my genes. I wonder about height and genetics though. I am 5'3" and my BF is 6'5" so I wonder if my kids will be either tall or short or maybe just halfway between?

I am scared to have his children- he was an over 10 lb baby. Not only is he SO tall but he's got 60" shoulders... that's what I get for falling in love with a football player.

ETA- Bridget, I just wanted to tell you, your son looks just like you, he's adorable! (And I agree with you about men who go gray, my BF is only 21 and already has that salt and pepper look- I think its sexy. When he complains about it I tell him he looks distinguished)

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 12:59:24 PM
Author: sandia_rose

From what I understand, in my BF''s case, it''s an ''Irish thing'' to go gray early. My BF has been totally silver as shown since he was in his early 30s. My father also went totally gray at a very early age. I happen to like that on a man
1.gif

I have a big white streak of hair in my bangs that I''ve had since I was 13 or 14 (but which I try to dye over and it never stays). I remember reading somewhere that this is called ''blaze'' or ''flash'' and is also a genetic mutation particular to Irish people, but I am not 100% sure.

Bridget in Connecticut.
Bridget, literally everyone I know started to go grey in their early twenties, some in their teens. And there was a girl in my secondary school had your ''blaze'' - that''s a very cool way to describe it!

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 11:12:08 PM
Author: Markie
Oo, you guys got me thinking about this now! I think my BF is so handsome, I want my kids to look just like him! My BF and I both have hazel eyes, but I have no idea if that means our kids will. We both have curly hair too so basically our offspring are cursed. I hope they are darker like he is though, I have reddish blonde and am so fair-skinned- my kids will kill me if they get frizzy hair AND sunburn because of my genes. I wonder about height and genetics though. I am 5''3'' and my BF is 6''5'' so I wonder if my kids will be either tall or short or maybe just halfway between?

I am scared to have his children- he was an over 10 lb baby. Not only is he SO tall but he''s got 60'' shoulders... that''s what I get for falling in love with a football player.

ETA- Bridget, I just wanted to tell you, your son looks just like you, he''s adorable! (And I agree with you about men who go gray, my BF is only 21 and already has that salt and pepper look- I think its sexy. When he complains about it I tell him he looks distinguished)
As far as height, that''s a toss-up, too. Whatever the genetic dice bring up, basically. A lot of people think that kids end up taller than their parents - not so! My mom was 5''11" and my dad was 6''4" and I only got to 5''7." My BF is 6''6" and his ex is 6''. His son is 19 and still has a year or so left to grow...but it looks like he''s not going to be anywhere near as tall as his mother, even. He''s only 5''10." The ex''s Italian family, for the most part, are all under 6'' tall. Just she and her sister are 6 footers (even among the guys). My BF''s daughter, on the other hand, is 12 and is taller than I am and nearly as tall as her brother. We tease him all the time that she''ll be taller than him.

Don''t be scared to have his babies. The midwife that delivered my son told me three things about baby size. #1 - you won''t grow a baby that''s larger than your pelvis. Nature just designed things that way (baby has to grow somewhere, and if you don''t have 10 pounds of room, you won''t grow a 10 pounder). #2 - babies usually start off small and get progressively larger with each successive pregnancy. It doesn''t always happen that way, but usually. I was my mom''s smallest baby and I was first. My brother was 1 pound larger than I was. If my little brother delivered at term (he was a month early and had issues), he would have been about a pound larger than our other brother. And finally, #3 - take the weight you were at birth and the weight your BF was at birth and average them. More often than not, your baby will be within a pound of that number, give or take. I was 8 pounds at birth. My ex was 5-1/2. My son was 6 pounds, and although he was born 2 weeks early, he was still considered "term." I know we have a couple L&D nurses on this board that can add/comment.

Thank you! My son is already a big hit with the ladies. I take him places and within minutes, I have women of all ages telling me how cute he is. And he eats it right up, too! And uses it to his advantage. He was messing with a beaded neacklace of mine and accidentally broke it. Beads went flying. I heard the snap and ping of beads hitting the walls and walked into the room. He was standing there, looking bewildered. So I said to him, "Patrick, what did you do?" And he looked at me and said, "I know you''re not going to be mad at me." So I said, "And how do you figure that?" And he said, "Because I''m so cute. You can''t get mad at cute." Yup. He was right. Now that he''s missing some teeth in the front, his cuteness factor just exploded.

Bridget in Connecticut.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 12:37:15 PM
Date: 3/5/2008 11:12:08 PM

He was standing there, looking bewildered. So I said to him, 'Patrick, what did you do?' And he looked at me and said, 'I know you're not going to be mad at me.' So I said, 'And how do you figure that?' And he said, 'Because I'm so cute. You can't get mad at cute.' Yup. He was right. Now that he's missing some teeth in the front, his cuteness factor just exploded.

Wow, that's exactly what my BF's kids are going to be like.

As far as looks go, BF is blond/blue-eyed and I have light brown hair and green eyes. According to that website, we've got a 50-50 chance of getting kids with blue or green eyes. His parents have similar colouring to the two of us (well, his mom has a darker complexion than I do) and his family has ridiculous resemblance. It's crazy. All 3 kids look just like their dad. Other than his younger sister's green eyes, there isn't a trace of their mother in their looks. BF's dad had red hair before he went beige (not grey) and BF has some red facial hair, so we could easily end up with redheads, which would be fantastic. We both have wavy-ish hair, and where mine is unreasonable and frizzy sometimes, is isn't too bad. We're both fairly tall (I'm 5'10", BF is 6') and have a similar builds (I'm generally pretty slim, but going through an "I got lazy and chubby" phase, whereas he's pretty athletic so he stays in shape and has great broad shoulders and pretty muscular arms), so hopefully if we have kids they'd get that.

In a dream world, there'd be two kids: a girl with curly strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, with freckles and my body type (but a little shorter -- I hate being so tall sometimes), and a boy with bright red hair and blue eyes, BF's build, who freckles. And hopefully they don't get our teeth! Both of us have really gummy smiles, and I absolutely hate my smile. BF is less gummy, but has really tiny teeth. It looks like he just never lost his baby teeth!

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 1:38:04 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/6/2008 12:37:15 PM

As far as looks go, BF is blond/blue-eyed and I have light brown hair and green eyes. According to that website, we've got a 50-50 chance of getting kids with blue or green eyes. His parents have similar colouring to the two of us (well, his mom has a darker complexion than I do) and his family has ridiculous resemblance. It's crazy. All 3 kids look just like their dad. Other than his younger sister's green eyes, there isn't a trace of their mother in their looks. BF's dad had red hair before he went beige (not grey) and BF has some red facial hair, so we could easily end up with redheads, which would be fantastic. We both have wavy-ish hair, and where mine is unreasonable and frizzy sometimes, is isn't too bad. We're both fairly tall (I'm 5'10', BF is 6') and have a similar builds (I'm generally pretty slim, but going through an 'I got lazy and chubby' phase, whereas he's pretty athletic so he stays in shape and has great broad shoulders and pretty muscular arms), so hopefully if we have kids they'd get that.

In a dream world, there'd be two kids: a girl with curly strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, with freckles and my body type (but a little shorter -- I hate being so tall sometimes), and a boy with bright red hair and blue eyes, BF's build, who freckles. And hopefully they don't get our teeth! Both of us have really gummy smiles, and I absolutely hate my smile. BF is less gummy, but has really tiny teeth. It looks like he just never lost his baby teeth!
Not to thread-jack, but this comment also came up in someone else's post, and I wanted to share something. I have this kind of hair. Under no circumstances do you brush my hair with a regular bristle brush. It has to be a spike brush or an afro-pick....otherwise, I get big, boofy frizz. In the 80s, I rocked the biggest Big Hair you can imagine (and that was before spraying two cans of Aqua Net on it). There is a product that a girlfriend of mine who used to be a hairdresser recommended to me: Paul Mitchell's Round Trip. You can get it in salons and in hair supply places. It's about $12 for a pump container that lasts about 3-5 months (you only use a quarter-size dollop). Not only does it make hair dry super-fast, but it takes the frizz away and makes ringlets out of it. It's an incredible, awesome, wonderlicious product. Everyone with our kind of hair who's tried it loves it. And no, I don't work for Paul Mitchell.
2.gif

My ex has the teeniest teeth known to man. No one has teeth tinier than my ex. I used to tease him and call him Tick Tack Teeth. I have big Irish teeth. In fact, I had two choices as a kid: Pull 6 teeth, or keep them all and wear braces for 4 years (I chose to yank) to straighten out the Too Much Tooth/Not Enough Mouth issue. Fortunately, my son does not have Tick Tack Teeth. He has my big teeth. But (as you may have guessed), he also has a big mouth, too.

An awesome thing that is out now that is fairly new/affordable are veneers. They fit over your teeth like fake nail tips and the best part is that they don't have to drill. They can hide all sorts of tooth weirdness. I am thinking of getting them on my eyeteeth, which are a little crooked, as well as on my two front teeth, which are bonded. My dentist said that lots of people do that to hide crooked teeth, as opposed to getting braces. So, you're not stuck with the teeth you have if you really don't like them. Lumineers are the brand my dentist does. They cost about as much as bonding. And they're reversible if you don't like the outcome, too.

Bridget in Connecticut.

Codependent Gal

Rough_Rock
Have you ever tried a CHI flat iron? I swear, those things work miracles. I put a little bit of Silk Therapy in my damp hair, finish blow drying it, use the CHI and I have movie star hair. My hair is fairly thick and wavy and can be worn curly with a little gel too.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love Paul Mitchell, so I''ll have to find that. I just straighten my hair a lot, and I need to get the CHI straightening balm. It made my hair so soft and gorgeous.

And thanks for the tips on the veneers. Once I get set up and have the money, I''m definitely going for them. My smile is one of the few things I am really uncomfortable with (which is a shame, because a smile is my default expression: I smile when I laugh, when I''m annoyed, when I cry...seriously, I smile all the freaking time), so I''ve been looking for a way to fix it. I''ll definitely research veneers now, thanks for the tip!

Bridesmaid

Rough_Rock
Oh, princess. I feel your pain about smiling all the time... except I LAUGH. I actually LAUGHED the first time I had a pap smear because I was so nervous. Then I started crying because I felt ridiculous. My mom and the doctor were both looking at me like I was nuts. I''ve never been to that gynocologist again.

About the baby weights... I think there must be all sorts of schools of thought on that. My sister was 6 lbs. 4 oz. when she was born, and her OBGYN told her that her son would be similar. They induced a week early because she''s so tiny, and he was 5 lbs. 12 oz. Her husband was like a 9 pounder or something huge like that. So the averaging thing didn''t happen there I guess because there''s no way another 4 lbs would have fit in her.

According to that website, our kids are definitely going to have green eyes. They have a 1/9 chance of blue, which makes me a little sad. I got my blue eyes from my great-grandmother (and my mom, but Momma was never as proud of them as Mamie) so I kind of wanted to pass them on. But not too sad because my SO has the most beautiful eyes - green, blue and brown in rings. My kids will be able to hypnotize people with their beautiful eyes.

And they''ll definitely have straight brown hair.

As for body type, that''s a total toss-up. There are a ton of genes that go into that. I''m 5''0", around 100, and busty but little everywhere else. He''s 6''0", 175, with an athletic build. He says he has a little belly, but he doesn''t. I''m gonna take a wild guess here... our kids will be bigger than I am.
1.gif
I just hope they''re proportionate, unlike their mother. And I hope they get his nose.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to second and third what others said that you never never know (as far as hair, eye, skin color) what your kids will be simply from looking at each other. You can''t average it; it''s a potluck especially as we are from this Melting pot called USA.

Take for example my husband. His mom has brown eyes, brown hair, his dad has dark brown eyes, dark brown (almost black hair), both hair straight. However, two of the three kids have flaming red super curly hair.
Yep, there is a red-headed grandfather in there.

My Dad is Greek with brown eyes and literally black hair, my mom is a strawberry
1.gif
blondish hair fair skin, green eyes. You would think that my Dad''s dark coloring is dominant, right?
My youngest brother is brown eyed, brown haired, but my brother is blue eyed with blonde hair, and my sister and I (twins) are blonde with green eyes. The funniest thing though is my older brother who is blonde and blue eyed got my Dad''s skin and can tan really dark, while my little brother with the dark hair has pale skin and burns!!! (my sister and I''s tanning ability is in the middle; my husband likes to call my skin buttermilk). Part of this is like what others were saying about the italians; there is a misconception that all Greeks are very dark, but there are pockets of relative blondeness. My Dad''s mother was called "blonde" when she was younger (though in the pics it looks like medium brown hair) and she had striking blue eyes, though she is 100% Greek.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results