shape
carat
color
clarity

More dress help! Summer wedding attire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are so complimentary. Silly too. Thanks for the compliments, my ego appreciates them heartily!

Amber, April is perfect. If we can do it on a Saturday it would be the best because John starts his new job this week, and will be working Saturdays from now on... so that''s going to take a lot of getting used to and a friend to visit in the city would make it a day to look forward to in a big way. Let me know!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2008 12:38:28 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
Love love love the front of this one, but the little lace up detailing in the back is weird - it just doesn''t fit with the rest of the dress for me. Maybe it could be removed? I like that its more figure-conscious though - I''ve tried on some of that designer''s stretch satin dresses in the past and they always seemed really flattering.
Yeah the back had me a little confuzzled too, but I ADORED the front and thought black shoes, bag, amber''s dark hair... so, I added it.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Coolness
1.gif
A Saturday shopping date in April will be perfection - right now I''m swamped trying to get my (world''s biggest packrat) mom moved out of her medium-large house into a medium-small apartment, but that should be done in a week or two and then I can start planning more fun excursions
9.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious...any update on your dress search?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking Laine - the lovely Miss Gypsy and I are actually going to do some dress searching together next weekend - she has generously offered her wonderful eye and I accepted
9.gif

I''ll be sure to bring my camera so we can post what we find! Oh, and FYI, I did try on a different dress at J Crew the other day with my mom (link), and it fit OK but not great in a regular 6 - the bust was OK, and the shape of the neckline was very flattering, but the rest fit a bit oddly. I think I''ll try ordering it in a couple of petite sizes and see how it fits. Its so odd - in their pants I was right between a 2 and a 4 in the ones I tried on, but the dresses I guess the bust is really the determining factor. I wish I could find a Sophia to try on - I feel like if it fit well I love the colors and fabrics.

But I''m sure with the incredibly capable help of Gypsy I can find something absolutely perfect
9.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds good...best of luck with the shopping next weekend!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
AmberGretchen, I just caught your photos! You look fantastic!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I bet you are proud; you look awesome congrats!!
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Laine - I must remember to bring my camera so I can share what we find
9.gif

Thanks Miss Skippy - you''re such a sweetie pie
1.gif
It does feel really good - I think I might like to lose a little more (who wouldn''t, right), but I feel pretty good where I am now, and certainly WAY better than where I was a year or so ago...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results