shape
carat
color
clarity

Monster protugeuse cut rose quartz. Help please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppie -- did you happen to note the seller on the Etsy ring?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and feminine stone!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Upgradeable, lovely stone. Rose quartz is hugely underrated.

I want to caution about rose gold. Firstly, not all rose gold looks the same. If you buy a setting from say LOGR, you can see what colour you are likely to be getting. If you custom order a ring to be built, you might get a variation, depending on what they add to the alloy that they mix.

Delicate pink stones can look overwhelmed by rose gold, rather than embelished by it. Pale yellow doesn''t fight with pale pink, although it seems to be a lot less popular around here. White is another option.

Take a look at Flygirl''s recent rose quartz cabouchon: Catch all thread, page 14

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Look at this beauty!! I think this would be perfect for this stone, simple but unique and distinct. Etsy seller is EidelPrecious.

etsychrysanthemumring.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 7:34:26 PM
Author: Upgradable
Look at this beauty!! I think this would be perfect for this stone, simple but unique and distinct. Etsy seller is EidelPrecious.
I agree. I really like that setting and it should work beautifully with your stone. High time to get it set and enjoy that gorgeous stone.
2.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yellow, white, or rose gold?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think yellow!

Flygirl''s pink cab w/yellow gold looks awful purty, so I bet yours would too!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for yellow too. The pink in Fly girl''s star rose quartz and mine seem to really come alive with the yellow gold. I attached a pic of mine for reference, hope that''s okay.

Your portuguese rose quartz is amazing. Such sheer delicacy and then that monster size provides for wonderful contrast! I can''t wait to see hand shots of the finished ring.

starrosequartzmcfrlnd.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2009 9:20:22 PM
and another.

I like the two that DBlu and MTG posted.

I like that one

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think yellow gold will do nicely. I have to message her and get a quote.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 4:02:50 AM
Author: ma re
Rose gold bezel on a plain split shank (of any color). Could be elegant, inexpensive and might even make the stone glow pink
2.gif
Considering the size, you won't have much space around it to put any serious decorative elements (unless you're into rap-style bling
9.gif
).
I second this but in yellow gold. I wonder if the band in a twisted rope design would compliment the cut of the stone?

Kinda like this ring, but maybe more delicate?

David Yurman Signature Oval - split shank twisted ring

Or have you decided on the EidelPrecious?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m on a total spending freeze, so all decisions are in limbo. I really like the pic you posted! I have so many "potential projects" waiting offstage that I''ll never get around to half of them.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/6/2009 7:34:26 PM
Cool stone!

I really like this setting for your stone. Drat that spending freeze. Tell your SO you need to help out the economy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results