shape
carat
color
clarity

Monarch64

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Well since I know you also have a Tag I wondered if you ever asked your jeweler about the cost of servicing when it becomes necessary.
BBB are quoting $340 to service and I''m wondering if I should send it to Tag''s service centre in NJ.
Lisa

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LisaC!

Actually, I haven''t had mine serviced yet (still under two years...that will be next Feb.). However, I did just drop DH''s Tag off because the crown fell off. The jeweler didn''t specify at the time I dropped it off whether they would repair it in the store or send it to Tag, but said he would contact DH when that was determined. Today there was a message on our answering machine from them (so good timing, lol!), and DH will be talking to the jeweler tomorrow to find out what''s going on.

When I dropped off his watch, our jeweler told me that he thought he remembered seeing this problem before in Dh''s particular model (Men''s Link, and not quartz movement, can''t remember what the movement is called, maybe perpetual or have i got that confused with Rolex?), and that it was mfr. defect so it would be covered under warranty. But we''ll see...DH''s is a little over two years old as far as purchase date. I will definitely post here again tomorrow when i find out what the verdict is from DH.

I saw your other thread in the jewelry pieces subforum...I see your 6000 is 7 yrs. old and hasn''t been serviced yet, right? I think BBB''s quote sounds pretty high, but of course I haven''t yet learned what it costs to send a watch to TH yourself and have it serviced. Hopefully it''s a bit less than that, I can''t see spending more than maybe $200 to have a Tag cleaned up. i''m not really familiar with BBB and whether they have someone who services watches in house or they just contract jewelers to do repairs/service? I would think it''s safe to assume that anytime you''re dealing with a store in the middle they''re going to charge a bit to cover what they''re paying whoever is servicing a watch, so you''d probably save $ by sending it directly to Tag yourself...

Sorry I''m not very helpful! Again, I will let you know the results of DH''s convo with the jeweler tomorrow!
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaC, sorry I didn''t get back to this thread yesterday! DH just connected with the jeweler again today, hence the delay. Turns out they did have to send it back to Tag, but there is no charge because it was a warranty issue/defect. What happened originally was that DH had taken off his watch and stored it in his watch case, and a couple days later I noticed a small silver thingie rolling around on the floor in our living room. It turned out to be the crown! He didn''t even notice it was missing when he put his watch away, thank goodness I happened to spot it before he went to wear it again. The watch was just over the two year mark from date of purchase but the jeweler was nice enough to overlook that.

I''m still interested to know how the rest of your experience goes and what it ends up costing...would be helpful to us for future reference once my warranty is up, etc.
35.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch64,
I decided if it''s gonna cost that much I might as well send it in Tag in Springfield, NJ. So I''ll go pick it up this weekend and mail it out next week and see what they say. That way I''ll be certain they use authentic Tag parts etc.
I''ll let you know what it costs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results