carat
color
clarity

Moms employed outside the home

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1366112455|3427923 said:
UPDATE:

The woman who rescinded the offer is psychotic and I'm SO glad that didn't pan out, as I've just accepted another offer that will be a great fit. It is 2-3 days/week in the office, 2-3 days/week working from home and of course court appearances as needed. I will be working for a family I know very well and they're super flexible about everything, which means the world to me.

SO. C is headed to daycare full-time. What the heck do I need for daycare? Here's the list I have so far -- please supplement!

- breatheable blankets
- crib sheets
- iron on labels with his name
- diapers
- wipes
- wet bags
- bibs
- change of clothes
- diaper cream
- sunblock

Do I need an insulated lunch box for C? They have a fridge and it's only 10 minutes from home so food won't spoil quickly. Also any reccs for food storage containers? No glass allowed.

Ugh, I'm so nervous about all of this but really excited to get back to work! YAY!

That's awesome! Don't you just love it when everything works out?

Here is what we have at daycare:
-diapers
-wipes
-butt paste
-bibs (lots of them, he's a drooler...they have ones there they use for feeding)
-2-3 spare outfits (rompers are great for this since it's one piece instead of two)
-formula
-food (I usually bring in 6 2-packs at a time, which lasts a week or so)
-snacks (puffs, that sort of thing)
-bottles (I am so lucky that they will wash (and keep) bottles there. I think they have 2 or 3 that live there.)
-blanket

I think that's it. Our daycare is awesome in that they will label everything for us.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1366120493|3428008 said:
Congratulations!

I don't think you need an insulated lunch bag. Our daycare is also 10 mins away and the food and breastmilk are fine for that short of a drive.

You might also get label stickers (aside from the iron-ons for clothes). We use Name Bubbles to label lunch containers and bottles. They also make them in a small enough size that they can go on clothing tags, too, if you don't want to do iron-ons plus stickers.

Pack a lot more extra clothes than you think you'll need!

Also, what I found helpful was to get a child-sized backpack to carry lunches and bottles in (and whatever else you need to haul back and forth). Ours are from LL Bean, but I'm sure any child-size bag will work. Make sure you can wear the pack, and then as your child grows, he can wear it as well, which frees up your hands.

Not sure how old your child is and he or she is still using bottles. I'm sure your daycare will go over stuff like this with you, but I kept a few packets of frozen breastmilk at daycare just in case. I think I also sent in a few pre-made formula bottles, just in case daycare had to evacuate for some reason and they didn't have access to my breastmilk. Because my son was on breastmilk, we sent in our bottles already filled for the day. We didn't use a special bottle carrier- just stuck them in a plastic bag, which was key b/c on occasion they leaked and who wants breastmilk leaking everywhere??

I also just ordered some name bubbles. Love these! So great. Thank you! Also love the backpack idea. Perfect. We are always trying to think long term on this sort of stuff. And yes, we will have to prep bottles at home b/c our milk bags leak sometimes too and yeah it can be messy. Thanks so much for all of the advice!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
So I never actually got a formal answer as to why she rescinded. I am now seriously thinking she just couldn't afford it. As per her website, she still has not hired anyone. I'm just so glad I'm not dealing with her and thankful to be in a different position with reasonable people.

Okay, feeling a bit more composed about waht I need! Thanks ladies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results