shape
carat
color
clarity

Mommies with little girls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I probably should have asked this before I purchased it but oh well. My 5 (almost 6) year old niece wanted a "real" tiara for Christmas so I ended up purchasing her this one off of ebay. I bought one with pin loops because I figured her mother could tie a string or elastic through the loops to make it easy to put on/take off. The comb ones seemed that they might be a little difficult to manipulate.

Thoughts on the matter? She has long (past her shoulders) very fine straight hair if that makes a difference.

t299a.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i think it's adorable and if she doesn't want it i'll have it lol

eta:i should note that i have no children, this is just my personal everyday tiara wearing opinion lol

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have little girls, but I do have boys and know from how they are that they love to take things, such as hats, on and off over and over. If the mom put a stretchy string around the back so the tiara can be put on by the little girl, that would be best. If I were you, I'd help out the mom by completing the gift by going to a fabric store and buying a pink elastic band to go with.

ETA - there is nothing more frustrating than having a child come up and ask you to retie or redo an item they're wearing over and over. . .that is why the elastic would be appropriate!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/1/2009 12:21:25 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
i think it''s adorable and if she doesn''t want it i''ll have it lol

eta:i should note that i have no children, this is just my personal everyday tiara wearing opinion lol

I was just thinking this! That''s a lovely example, and with an elastic, I think it''ll be perfect for your niece.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 12:21:25 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
i think it''s adorable and if she doesn''t want it i''ll have it lol

Hehe, well don''t be afraid to buy one for yourself; I purchased it off a bridal site. I figured for $17 I couldn''t go too wrong.

MC: thanks for the idea. I''ll purchase a length of elastic but I won''t tie it on. I''ll leave it to her mother to fit it properly.

SDL: I also went with the pin loops because I was worried that combs wouldn''t end up in the right place since this was made for a woman and not a little girl.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter is the same age and she would totally rock that tiara!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Since I won''t be seeing my niece over Christmas, I delivered the tiara last night and it was a big hit. It was a little big for her head but not hugely so. Cinderella''s glass slipper got displaced from its pillow so that the tiara would have a place to sleep at night. :)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 12:19:20 PM
Author:Kismet
I probably should have asked this before I purchased it but oh well. My 5 (almost 6) year old niece wanted a 'real' tiara for Christmas so I ended up purchasing her this one off of ebay. I bought one with pin loops because I figured her mother could tie a string or elastic through the loops to make it easy to put on/take off. The comb ones seemed that they might be a little difficult to manipulate.

Thoughts on the matter? She has long (past her shoulders) very fine straight hair if that makes a difference.
If your niece does not like it, you could send it to me. I have a 6 year old daughter who would love it! In fact, my 10 year old daughter and her best friend still like to play dress up (but they don't call it that, they call it putting on fashion shows) and they would love it too.

Very cute.

edited to add, I could see that getting caught in hair so thats something that if its an issue, your neice could just be taught to be careful with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results