shape
carat
color
clarity

Mommies- any worthwhile after X-mas sales to hit??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I admit that I LOVE hitting after XMas sales to load up on decorative seasonal items for the following year. I''ve mostly stuck with places like Crate & Barrel, Target & BB&B.

But with Bebe arriving mid-next year, I''m just curious if there''s deals to be found at any of the kiddo-centric stores likie Carters or BRU? I would think that XMas-related clothing would be on sale, but not sure if anything else is marked down? I''m not expecting essentals like diapers, etc... to be discounted, but just thought i''d throw the question out there.

THANKS in advance!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
CG-Do you have any Carters Outlets near you? They are having a huge sale (items as low as 2.99). Seasonal items are all marked down but what''s good is that you can purchase some winter items on sale now. People love to give clothes as gifts but sometimes they forget to keep the seasons in mind.

BRU is ok today but if you sign up for their registry/rewards services, you will get coupons in the mail once a month so the sales today aren''t really worth the hassle.

We''re headed to Carter''s outlet for some 9mo clothing since she doesn''t have any.

There are some toys you may find on sale today but don''t know if you want to stock up on toys now. I wouldn''t unless its a ridiculous sale for popular items like Sophie for 50% off or something like that.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CG I was on the baby/kid sites yesterday and noticed that most of them were having sales but nothing I''d really be interested in...except GapBaby. And GapMaternity is having a sale with codes too I think if you google, might be a good time to get some clothes. GapMat clothes have been my fave so far with ''third trimester fit''. And for GB... they have a fair amt of their ''basics'' on sale. I got a few 12-18 month sleep suits for our kid at like $8 when they are typically $14.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure about gymboree this year, however have found great post-holiday sales. Only problem is the LONG line in the store.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Fiery- I checked out the Carters near me yesterday and picked up two BABY''S 1ST CHRISTMAS items- a two-piece set (onesie/pants) and a long footee one-piece. They went for $5. There was a ton of other stuff on sale, but I hestitated to buy more ''cause a lot of what was marked down was gender-specific and we''re not finding out kiddo''s gender in advance. Anyway- THANKS for the suggestion!

Mara and MC- i''ll have to check out GapMat, GapBaby and Gymboree (my friend swears by their clothes) THANKS

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
BRU is having their red tag sale in store again til Dec 29th. Sometimes there''s good deals.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 10:51:44 AM
Author: fiery

There are some toys you may find on sale today but don''t know if you want to stock up on toys now. I wouldn''t unless its a ridiculous sale for popular items like Sophie for 50% off or something like that.
My DD loves Sophie the Giraffe. I often give Sophie as part of a shower gift. She is $22 at Nordstrom and usually ranges from $18-20 on Amazon, but I just found her for $15.80 on Amazon, so I bought a few for future gifts.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How did I not know you were preggo! Congrats friend! We also did not find out T''s sex. Carter''s and Old Navy had the best gender neutral stuff IMHO. Just buy the basics b/c once the kid is born people will load up and give you clothes so your son looks like a boy or your daughter looks like a girl. T had pink stuff before we even left the hospital!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: Carters and gender neutral in general and deals... if you have a Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx or any ''discount'' store like that near you, definitely check it out. i found early on that they carry a TON of clothing, usually Carters and Gerber and a lot of basics and they are 1/2 the retail price if not less. aka a 4-5 pack of patterned Carters onesies for like $6.99. I got a JJ Cole Bundle me for $24 and retail is $40. waterproof pads for $2.99, bassinet sheets for $2.99, sheet savers for $3.99.

sometimes they have bouncers, walkers, car seats, toys, books, all for WAY less than retail. anyway it''s a good place to get things you still need after your showers etc and it was a good way for me to shop a little from time to time without really getting crazy, and they have a ton of neutral stuff too, i bought a lot of yellow and green before we knew the gender.
2.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Just FYI, Gerber onesies run small and shrink after wash, so size up.

I love Carter''s for basics (onesies, pj''s, etc), but definitely buy them at the outlet or discount retailers like Mara mentioned.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
its so funny QT re: the sizing too... like a few people have given us a few ''gently used'' newborn items and some of them are SO tiny whereas a lot of the new newborn items look huge compared. it''s almost like manuf''s change sizing themselves, just like in adult clothing. makes it hard to figure out what you really need! and yes i have heard Gerber''s sizes a bit down and Carters a bit up.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 3:55:51 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Fiery- I checked out the Carters near me yesterday and picked up two BABY''S 1ST CHRISTMAS items- a two-piece set (onesie/pants) and a long footee one-piece. They went for $5. There was a ton of other stuff on sale, but I hestitated to buy more ''cause a lot of what was marked down was gender-specific and we''re not finding out kiddo''s gender in advance. Anyway- THANKS for the suggestion!

Mara and MC- i''ll have to check out GapMat, GapBaby and Gymboree (my friend swears by their clothes) THANKS
Gymboree has excellent quality clothes. All of their shirts have lasted through both boys. I only buy shirts there, though, because their jeans are too expensive. From experience, I''ve learned that NONE of the jeans I get for my older son can be passed down to my younger son, so I go for Old Navy which hold up fine for each kid.

(I''m not a huge fan of hand-me-downs, so possibly that is why the Gymboree stuff lasts forever. . .my younger also has his own new shirts to wear. . .)

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I was just at BRU, not worth the trip
14.gif

And the Gerber onesies are horribly sized. Kyle was wearing the 12 months ones at 3 months, and outgrew the 24 month size by 9 months. And he''s only 25th percentile...

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
THANKS for the additional suggestions/notes!

I''m filing them away...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
if you are close to a gap that sells maternity in store, i highly suggest checking it out vs. buying through them online. last month in store, their sale stuff was an additional 30% off. and last week i went, sale items were an additional 40%. awesomeness.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 10:06:59 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
How did I not know you were preggo! Congrats friend! We also did not find out T''s sex. Carter''s and Old Navy had the best gender neutral stuff IMHO. Just buy the basics b/c once the kid is born people will load up and give you clothes so your son looks like a boy or your daughter looks like a girl. T had pink stuff before we even left the hospital!

Hehe, Tacori- I''ve kinda been keeping mum about it "outside" of PS! Wanted to get through the 1st trimester- i''m 14.5 weeks along now- whew!

THANKS for the congrats, hun and for the tips on Carter''s & ON clothes. I don''t know how my anal, planner self is going to hold out until Bebe is here to find out the gender. Too cool that you waited, too.

Oh yeah, another HUGE THANKS to you for the AWESOME list on the baby/toddler "post your great finds here" thread. I saved it to my hard drive.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 5:05:17 PM

Hehe, Tacori- I''ve kinda been keeping mum about it ''outside'' of PS! Wanted to get through the 1st trimester- i''m 14.5 weeks along now- whew!

THANKS for the congrats, hun and for the tips on Carter''s & ON clothes. I don''t know how my anal, planner self is going to hold out until Bebe is here to find out the gender. Too cool that you waited, too.

Oh yeah, another HUGE THANKS to you for the AWESOME list on the baby/toddler ''post your great finds here'' thread. I saved it to my hard drive.

No problem! If you have anymore questions you know how to find me
2.gif
I am kinda picky. Okay VERY picky. I don''t like the typical baby clothes so the style (for gender neutral) of Carter''s and ON suited my taste. I like her dressed like if she was 4 not a newborn if that makes sense. ON had a lot of gray when I was preggo which was cool. Kohl''s also has awesome sales and some cute clothes. I didn''t really think of them until she was 1. Great place for the basics. Gymbo is hit or miss for me. The quality is ALWAYS good but I only like half of their styles. Some of it is too fussy for me but when I find a great line I stock up and she always gets compliments on her clothes from them. Another great place is Land''s End (who would think it?) They have a "grow with me" mentality so their onesies and swimsuits (for girls) have two sets of snaps to last longer. She has a few sundresses that have two sets of buttons on the shoulders to make longer/shorter. Their quality is similar to Gymbo and Gap Kid''s.

Everyone was so excited (all the nurses and my OB) that we didn''t find out. It added an extra level of excitement. That being said I would have been SHOCKED if she had been a he. I just had such a strong feeling I was having a girl. My friend didn''t find out for both of her babies (both girls) and she was wrong both times. So I guess there is always that chance but most friends I know where right. It was a hard wait. Not sure I could do it again
3.gif
I am really, really excited for you!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock

Hehe, Tacori- I''ve kinda been keeping mum about it ''outside'' of PS! Wanted to get through the 1st trimester- i''m 14.5 weeks along now- whew!

Oh yeah, another HUGE THANKS to you for the AWESOME list on the baby/toddler ''post your great finds here'' thread. I saved it to my hard drive.

Chargergirl- CONGRATS!!!! I was about to put a nice note on your FB wall so thank goodness I went through more of this thread to see only PS knows about the baby!

So happy for the two of you!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 1:15:15 AM
Author: Green with Envy

How did I not know you were preggo! Congrats friend! We also did not find out T's sex. Carter's and Old Navy had the best gender neutral stuff IMHO. Just buy the basics b/c once the kid is born people will load up and give you clothes so your son looks like a boy or your daughter looks like a girl. T had pink stuff before we even left the hospital!

Hehe, Tacori- I've kinda been keeping mum about it 'outside' of PS! Wanted to get through the 1st trimester- i'm 14.5 weeks along now- whew!

THANKS for the congrats, hun and for the tips on Carter's & ON clothes. I don't know how my anal, planner self is going to hold out until Bebe is here to find out the gender. Too cool that you waited, too.

Oh yeah, another HUGE THANKS to you for the AWESOME list on the baby/toddler 'post your great finds here' thread. I saved it to my hard drive.

Chargergirl- CONGRATS!!!! I was about to put a nice note on your FB wall so thank goodness I went through more of this thread to see only PS knows about the baby!

So happy for the two of you!
THANKS, girl! yeah, we should be ready to totally "come out" right after the New Year.

I'm due the day before your wedding. We'll both be counting down!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey that''s MY birthday!
31.gif
Of course I think there is only like a 2% chance you will actually deliver on your EDD

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 3:12:09 PM
Hey that''s MY birthday!
31.gif
Of course I think there is only like a 2% chance you will actually deliver on your EDD
yeah, but how cool would it be for you and my bebe to share the same Bday?!! You never know...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 3:18:45 PM
Date: 12/30/2009 3:12:09 PM

Hey that''s MY birthday!
31.gif

yeah, but how cool would it be for you and my bebe to share the same Bday?!! You never know...

It would be VERY cool!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results