shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom Steals Daughter''s Identity to become a CHEERLEADER?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
One thing I''ve noticed about PS is that we have a lot of devoted Momma''s on here (
35.gif
to all you mother''s with your kiddies as your avatar!)That''s why I thought many of you would find this amusing, to say the least.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ipppcZU-H4xC9lQiAOQFSF-cfrdAD935H3G80

Mom allegedly uses daughter''s ID to be cheerleader

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — A 33-year-old woman stole her daughter''s identity to attend high school and join the cheerleading squad, according to a criminal complaint filed against the woman.
Wendy Brown, of Green Bay, faces a felony identity theft charge after enrolling in Ashwaubenon High School as her 15-year-old daughter, who lives in Nevada with Brown''s mother.
According to the complaint, Brown wanted to get her high school degree and become a cheerleader because she didn''t have a childhood and wanted to regain a part of her life that she''d missed.
Brown allegedly attended cheerleading practices before school started, received a cheerleader''s locker and went to a pool party at the cheerleading coach''s house.
The $134.50 check Brown gave to the cheerleading coach for her uniform bounced, the complaint said.
A high school employee, Kim Demeny, told authorities that the woman, posing as the teen, seemed very timid. Demeny said she told her she was not good at math and even cried when she talked about moving from Pahrump Valley High School in Nevada. Demeny said she looked older than a student but had the demeanor of a high school girl.
A school liaison officer started investigating after Brown only attended the first day of classes last week, the complaint said.
Assistant Principal Dirk Ribbins later learned Brown''s daughter was enrolled at Pahrump Valley High School. Ribbins also spoke with Brown''s mother, who told him she had custody of the girl. She said Brown has a history of identity theft crimes, the complaint said.
Brown made her first court appearance Friday by video conference. The judge set bond at $8,000.
If convicted, she could face up to six years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
There was no attorney listed in Brown''s online court records. Her home number could not be found.

WBrownMomCheer.png

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
Amazing!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear me!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone else read this and think, that poor woman? With her history of identity theft crimes and her ability to act like a high schooler, all I could think was that she probably had a traumatic life that left her emotionally damaged with self esteem and identity issues. Yes, what she did was wrong, but it screams of someone who needs help, not someone who committed a heinous crime.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how sad
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 9:39:52 AM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, how sad
7.gif
Exactly what I thought. Can''t believe she got as far as she did....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 9:42:10 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/15/2008 9:39:52 AM
Author: Skippy123
Wow, how sad
7.gif
Exactly what I thought. Can''t believe she got as far as she did....
That was what I was thinking too!!!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 7:57:26 AM
Author: Sabine
Did anyone else read this and think, that poor woman? With her history of identity theft crimes and her ability to act like a high schooler, all I could think was that she probably had a traumatic life that left her emotionally damaged with self esteem and identity issues. Yes, what she did was wrong, but it screams of someone who needs help, not someone who committed a heinous crime.

Yep. Emotionally damaged is right. Maybe if she''s convicted, she''ll have mandatory counseling. Can they do that?

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I was also quite overcome with pity for her. I''m sure we all imagine what it would be like to go back and do things differently, but this is an extreme. Imagine the dual life she was leading, not mention how far ahead she was planning all this. I think she just wanted to start her whole life over and do things differently, I''m sure her mind''s eye took her beyond high school to college? Maybe even marriage and a new family? Who knows.. I too, hope that she receives some counseling, as this goes well beyond just identity theft.

Thanks for your insight ladies!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This really isn''t that uncommon there was a case locally where a mom let her daughter stay home and went to high school in her place.

The likely sentence will be:
1-5 years suspended jail term(depends if they let her plea to a misdemeanor)
30 days in a mental health care facility.
Follow up as directed.
3 years supervised probation to make sure she follows up on the above.
2 years unsupervised probation at the discretion of the probation officer.
After 5 years of probation the jail term is no longer hanging over her head if she follows the program.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 10:56:15 AM
Author: pjean

Yep. Emotionally damaged is right. Maybe if she''s convicted, she''ll have mandatory counseling. Can they do that?

I agree, this is so sad. This woman indeed needs counseling.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 7:46:28 PM
Author: Linda W
Date: 9/15/2008 10:56:15 AM

Author: pjean

I agree, this is so sad. This woman indeed needs counseling.

38.gif
You''re right Linda. Not sure if the sentence that Karl outlined will really address her issues. In any event, I''m amazed that has happened several times before. Then again, I guess its not so hard...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
My Mom''s gone crrraaaazyyy!!! Seriously, wth...have people always been this crazy and we just hear about it more? Or are more people going crazy?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:52:53 PM
Author: miraclesrule
My Mom''s gone crrraaaazyyy!!! Seriously, wth...have people always been this crazy and we just hear about it more? Or are more people going crazy?
hear about it more

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 6:39:24 PM
Author: strmrdr

hear about it more
Yeah - I think we just hear about it more. Folks are still just as nuts as always.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock

I''m with all the others, crazy was always around, but maybe it manifested in different ways? I miss the old crazy, when batty women rocked in wooden chairs all day long and talked to their 35 cats.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 12:51:15 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
My daughter was a cheerleader in HS, there is NO WAY I would have even considered living her life let alone trying to pull off posing as her. Please.. I lived my teen years
20.gif
, I sure wouldn''t have wanted to do it again. LOL That woman does NOT look 15 years old. Ew.

I can''t feel sorry for someone who commits identity theft on any level. Attention seeker, mental, drugs, who knows what she may have planned? Could she have been setting up as a pedophile? I''m happy no one will find out. I don''t feel bad for people who break the law.. why no one figured out she was twice the age she was posing, I cannot comprehend.

I feel sorry for her daughter, despite the distance she''s the victim of this on a couple of levels.

*eta, I missed out on a lot growing up as well, but I wouldn''t have then and still wouldn''t ever considered living vicariously through my children. You grow up, you move forward.

SDL-No kidding, I saw her picture and was all
23.gif
who would have ever accepted her as a 15 year old?! I never considered the whole pedophile angle, but damn, I wouldn''t be surprised if she found a young boyfriend from school. Thank goodness it never got that far...

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
I read this too!

That lady needs help, that''s for sure.... you couldn''t PAY me to go back to High School!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results