shape
carat
color
clarity

modifying the setting....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

youngnlove

Rough_Rock
ok, so i''m looking at buying this ring at some point in the future....

http://tinypic.com/1gku2c

those are just the pictures for it cause it''s kinda buried in an antique ring site....
anyway, it''s designed to hold a round diamond between .6 and .75 carats (the diamond in the first picture there is round). my girlfriend really likes square or ascher cut diamonds. would it be possible to get this ring (it''s platinum) and have a jeweler set an ascher diamond in it? if so, do you all have any suggestions on who to bring work like this to? i live in central florida and would like to not have to ship it out anywhere....would just a local ''chain'' jeweler do something like this?

also, any advice you might have on where to find a nice quality ascher cut diamond, around .7 carats, for less than $2500 would be great. i''m 19, in college, and on a budget. thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just my 0.2 worth...

The setting looks fit to hold a cut corner square (meaning, anything but princess) as is.

For size, if it hols a .7cts round, that would mean it takes a square of 5.6-5.8mm corner to corner... but you may want to check this with the seller of this setting.

Are you going to buy the diamond online ?

For size... this one seems to qualify.
20.gif
There are many others, of course.

youngnlove

Rough_Rock
yeah, i suppose it would be kinda hard with just those pics....thanks though
as for ana...yeah, i was planning on buying it online unless there''s a good place locally, which i don''t know of.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results