shape
carat
color
clarity

Missi''s new ering with REAL pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I love it even more every time I look at it!

I''ve been trying a few bands that I do have with it to see what they look like. The thicker/wider band (original wedding ring) looks dumb. My actual wedding band is domed and that looks dumb too. I have a thin band that is flat and is 3mm and tapers in the back to 1.5mm-I like the proportions of that one better, even when I turn it so the back is in the front. It''s yellow gold tho, and I don''t really care for that w/the ring..maybe rose gold or just stick w/white. I can''t tell but it seems like it''s about 1mm thick. It does cover a little bit of the profile-not a whole lot at least. I might check Etsy and see if I can find something. Anybody have any ideas of who to check out?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 6:18:11 PM
Author: Pink Tower
Maybe you should get one of those thin stainless steel wedding bands and see how you like the look for a while. They cost very little.

Oh good idea Pink! Where could I get one of those? Ebay maybe?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
yay packie! how lovely!

definitely worth the wait - tho it was pretty hysterical the other evening... :D

congratulations on your ring - i hope it brings you much joy!

xo

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I''ve seen them there. They are only a few dollars, and they look nice. Plus, you won''t have to worry too much about getting scammed since not much money is involved.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''ll look on ebay and see what I find for a band.

I have a mall jewelry store story too!

We were at the mall today without the kids and I thought it would be an easy time to try on a couple bands and see what they looked like w/the ring. So, we popped into one, and were just looking at the plain bands, and I pointed out to JD what I was thinking of. Saleswoman comes over and asks if she can help, I look up and say "Hi, what I''m looking for is just a plain band to wear with my ring" She looks at me all wide eyed, like I''m dumber''n a box of rocks and says "Uh..they''re right here" And points to the case we''d just been looking in. I say "Yes, we were just looking at them" She asks how big, I say very thin, she says "Well, they''re right here" and points again like duh, do you not see them? And so I say, I''d like to find a flat one if possible" And she asks "Flat...?" "Yes, flat" says I "As in not domed or rounded" Then she says "Well, they''re all right there too" She handed me the thinnest, and I really liked it-just kind of framed the inside of my ring, didn''t cover hardly any of the gallery. When she handed it to me, she said, kind of snotty "It''s FLAT you know" I said, "oh, well, that''s good, I want to be able to see the gallery" and then even snottier, she says "And it''s NOT comfort fit either" and I just smiled and said it didn''t need to be, so long as I could see the scroll work in the profile and held my hand up to see how it looked-so then she gives me the eyebrow raise when she looks at my ring. Then while I was looking, she stood there and stared at me, and I SWEAR she was going to ask me "So are you going to buy it or not"-she just had that look on her face. I said thanks for letting me try it on and we left.

I stewed about it for a little bit and asked JD about it-he said he thought she was rude too. I was kind of surprised that getting towards Valentines day a sales person at a jewelry store would be so snotty. That''s the first time I''ve been in a jewelry store that I haven''t been asked SOME sort of questions about the jewelry I was wearing or about other jewelry I might be interested in, you know, striking up a conversation w/the customer type stuff.

Anyway, we went to Shopko and I bought a cheapy $7 sterling band until I can find a flat band, stainless or whichever.

Wanted to share that story cuz I thought it was kinda funny!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out Gorgeous!! I love the mix of modern and feminine!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new pics pack! Your ring is beautiful!
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I''m so happy with it! I couldn''t find any 1mm or so thin stainless bands but did find some gold ones on Etsy, so I think I''ll get one..maybe 1 wg and 1rg to be different. Later on I''ll either get a little diamond stacker or have something made!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Your ring came out beautifully. The scroll work is very pretty! I''ll be checking back for photos with your wedding band(s)
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results