shape
carat
color
clarity

Miss Anxious

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So...similar situation to legallyspoiled. My bf asked me if I''d like to help him with the ring selection/process, and I quickly agreed, because I had already been telling him things he should learn about diamonds so he wouldn''t get ripped off at a B&M. He was actually getting quite good, but I know that had I not gotten involved, we wouldn''t have learned about prisecope, and expanded our knowledge base. Besides, I''ll be wearing the ring, so it might as well be a style I love (and it is)! To maintain an element of surprise, we decided I''d help with the diamond/band, and then be left in the dark.

So, we went with a BGD diamond, and a Mark Morrell Petite Torchiere for the band (sigh, I fell in love with it the first day I started doing research on PS - I just couldn''t get it out of my mind. I originally wanted a tiffany style solitaire, but just loved the uniqueness of Mark''s rings, and couldn''t turn back!).

Everything pretty much got ordered and decided toward mid-late April. I know it''s a 6 week development period, then it gets sent to BGD, and then who knows! Now I''m just waiting, anxiously. I''m so tempted to call and make sure that the diamond has been sent off, or to see when it will be sent off to Mark. AHHHH! I got so used to doing research and trying to figure things out, that I''m almost in withdrawl now. I''m at work, and still checking PS, going from one forum section to another, keeping occupied. It''s addictive! :)

So, ladies, I''ve joined you in the LIW wing, and look forward to chit chatting away.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Caroleena,

Do you want to be in the dark about the ring, now that it''s in production, or would you prefer to know when your BF has it. If you must know where it is, I''m sure there''s no harm in shooting the parties involve an email asking for a status update. I''ve found that waiting for a ring that you know is being made is much harder than waiting for the BF to be ready to go ring shopping.

Love the petitie torchier BTW - I almost went that route myself. Will MM or BGD be setting your diamond? Do you have a link to a picture of your rock?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t be in the dark for the ring yet. The ring we ordered will be here next week...
30.gif
... the thing is... I HAVE THE DIAMOND. My bf will have to tell me when the ring arrives... so I''ll go get it from the safe deposit in the bank... and give it to him to have it set. Then I don''t wanna know when he''ll have to set and have it back. I''ll be in the dark then.

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2010 1:06:42 PM
Author: HopeDream
Hi Caroleena,

Do you want to be in the dark about the ring, now that it''s in production, or would you prefer to know when your BF has it. If you must know where it is, I''m sure there''s no harm in shooting the parties involve an email asking for a status update. I''ve found that waiting for a ring that you know is being made is much harder than waiting for the BF to be ready to go ring shopping.

Love the petitie torchier BTW - I almost went that route myself. Will MM or BGD be setting your diamond? Do you have a link to a picture of your rock?

I''m just one of those people that obsesses over things, so I think it''s a good lesson for me to sit back and let him take over now. But in the back of my mind, I know that the end of May is when it should be ready and sent, so it''s hard to forget that ;-)

Do you know when your ring is coming in? I just took a look at your thread - I''m in love with the vintage cushion! It''s going to look great :) If you went the MM route, would you have gotten a modified torchiere for the cushion? Either way, the setting you decided on will definitely highlight your pretty stone.

MM will be setting the stone, and this is the one we got
Link

P.S. Are you in Canada too?

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2010 1:51:11 PM
Author: beezygal
I can't be in the dark for the ring yet. The ring we ordered will be here next week...
30.gif
... the thing is... I HAVE THE DIAMOND. My bf will have to tell me when the ring arrives... so I'll go get it from the safe deposit in the bank... and give it to him to have it set. Then I don't wanna know when he'll have to set and have it back. I'll be in the dark then.

There you have it, that almost solves the anxiety of whether to be involved or not - you HAVE to be involved! But then, the hard part will be forgetting about it once you are in the dark, and not just anxiously waiting like some of us ;-)

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
yes.. that''s so true...

my bf just told me today.. he wants me to go with him to have the diamond set... ''cuz.. I''m very particular with how high the diamond sits... I said.. I DON''T WANT TO SEE THE RING... (even though I''ve seen the display ring a million times with him.. but.. i don''t want to see MY ring...) lol...

btw.. i''m from Canada.. are you?

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
ahhhh! then the only surprise will be when he pops the question :razz:
but, do you think there''s a chance they won''t set it like you''ve specified? You wouldn''t want to be dissapointed with that... could you always take it back to the jeweller after if you want to have it set a bit differently?

Yes, I think the three of us in this tread (thus far) are Canadians. Vive le Canada! :)

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
so.. i''ve decided to go with my bf.. ''cuz.. I want it to be right the first time. lol... I gave in. But he''ll have to pick up the ring himself and I don''t wanna know that... but I''m still very anxious to get a proposal asap
31.gif

I googled your ring... Mark Morrell Petite Torchiere... very classy and nice..
30.gif

YEAH CANADIANS!!!
17.gif

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I thought I was anxious, but I think my bf is more anxious! He wants to start planning, but doesn''t want to plan before the official engagement, and I wanted the Mark Morrel, so we got the 6 week wait :razz: And I''m pretty sure he''ll hold onto it for at least a little bit just to confuse me and take me by surprise. Or maybe he won''t! I think PS would make a killing if they sold a "mind reader" device. Who needs an idealscope device, just gimme the mind reader!

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
also saw a pic of your Tacori setting. yowza! you are going to stop traffic with that bling :) It's going to look awesome, and I can't wait to see hand shots.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 7:51:52 PM
Author: caroleena
also saw a pic of your Tacori setting. yowza! you are going to stop traffic with that bling :) It''s going to look awesome, and I can''t wait to see hand shots.
awww... thanks. I love how unique and high it is. My bf doesn''t really like it.. he thinks it''s T-A-C-K-Y. but.. he said.. since I''m the one who wears it... he doesn''t really care... lol
28.gif
if he gets to pick the setting.. he said.. he''ll just get me an onion ring... big and cheap.

I''m glad your bf is anxious.. I wish mine is that anxious too... he is very busy with his work.. but.. i think that''s just an excuse.
29.gif
I''m cool with it... I can bug him about planning after our offical engagement.
27.gif

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2010 7:56:49 PM
Date: 5/5/2010 7:51:52 PM

also saw a pic of your Tacori setting. yowza! you are going to stop traffic with that bling :) It''s going to look awesome, and I can''t wait to see hand shots.

awww... thanks. I love how unique and high it is. My bf doesn''t really like it.. he thinks it''s T-A-C-K-Y. but.. he said.. since I''m the one who wears it... he doesn''t really care... lol
28.gif
if he gets to pick the setting.. he said.. he''ll just get me an onion ring... big and cheap.

I''m glad your bf is anxious.. I wish mine is that anxious too... he is very busy with his work.. but.. i think that''s just an excuse.
29.gif
I''m cool with it... I can bug him about planning after our offical engagement.
27.gif

Did you try on the setting in a store first, before ordering online? I think it''ll be a stunner...besides, he''s right, you''re the one that needs to love it, not him :)

to be honest, I think he''s just anxious to live together and start our new lives together. We both have old-fashioned parents that would barricade the doors if we decided to move in together before getting married!
5.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 10:00:31 PM

Did you try on the setting in a store first, before ordering online? I think it'll be a stunner...besides, he's right, you're the one that needs to love it, not him :)

to be honest, I think he's just anxious to live together and start our new lives together. We both have old-fashioned parents that would barricade the doors if we decided to move in together before getting married!
5.gif
I tried it on sooooooo many times in store. we didn't order it online. My bf doesn't want to buy anything online without seeing, so we ordered from a Tacori dealer. We also bought the diamond from an online wholesale place which happens to have an office here to show local customers. So, we got a good price on a 1ct H&A stone (with LOTS of help from PS members of course).
19.gif

We are soooooo similar.. my parents are soooooooooo old-fashioned (his not so much). They won't let me move in with a guy before marriage. Well, I don't believe in moving in together before marriage anyways. The thing is my parents won't even let me go on trip alone with my bf. yes.. my parents are THAT strict and old-fashioned.
32.gif

btw.. i was just telling you in my other post.. that not only we are finger twins.. i also went to an university in your province.
25.gif

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2010 10:14:00 PM
Date: 5/5/2010 10:00:31 PM

Did you try on the setting in a store first, before ordering online? I think it''ll be a stunner...besides, he''s right, you''re the one that needs to love it, not him :)

to be honest, I think he''s just anxious to live together and start our new lives together. We both have old-fashioned parents that would barricade the doors if we decided to move in together before getting married!
5.gif

I tried it on sooooooo many times in store. we didn''t order it online. My bf doesn''t want to buy anything online without seeing, so we ordered from a Tacori dealer. We also bought the diamond from an online wholesale place which happens to have an office here to show local customers. So, we got a good price on a 1ct H&A stone (with LOTS of help from PS members of course).
19.gif

We are soooooo similar.. my parents are soooooooooo old-fashioned (his not so much). They won''t let me move in with a guy before marriage. Well, I don''t believe in moving in together before marriage anyways. The thing is my parents won''t even let me go on trip alone with my bf. yes.. my parents are THAT strict and old-fashioned.
32.gif

btw.. i was just telling you in my other post.. that not only we are finger twins.. i also went to an university in your province.
25.gif

6.gif
was the captial city of that province in your university name?

Ahhh..yes, I had read you bought the diamond from the Canadian wholesale place, and you got a great deal (especially on a Canadian diamond! woohoo). BTW, we also pretty much have the same size center stone, one more to add to the similarity list.

I can go on trips with mine, but I think that''s because I dated a terrible guy for a long time, and they''re so happy he''s out of the picture, and have this awesome guy in my life (and they see him as quite the "gentleman"). I also lived in the states for a while for work, so he had to come visit me :)

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 10:33:53 PM

6.gif
was the captial city of that province in your university name?

Ahhh..yes, I had read you bought the diamond from the Canadian wholesale place, and you got a great deal (especially on a Canadian diamond! woohoo). BTW, we also pretty much have the same size center stone, one more to add to the similarity list.

I can go on trips with mine, but I think that''s because I dated a terrible guy for a long time, and they''re so happy he''s out of the picture, and have this awesome guy in my life (and they see him as quite the ''gentleman''). I also lived in the states for a while for work, so he had to come visit me :)
the city of the university is the same as the capital city of UK.... got it? heehee... 3 hrs drive away from you (don''t you like our guessing game???) since I was away for school and so was my BF (also in your province), he came visit me before. We still go on trips alone, but I have to tell my parents we''re also going with other ppl. I hate lying... but.. no choice. Since we''re almost getting engaged (my parents know we ordered the ring), I asked my mom if I can go on a trip with him this summer. She seems to be "ok".... but who knows.

well. we didn''t buy the Canadian diamond.. ''cuz i was bothered by the high HCA score. We went with a non-Canadian diamond for almost the same price ($50 more). Everyone on PS think that is a better choice.. so I''m happy
30.gif

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2010 10:48:34 PM
the city of the university is the same as the capital city of UK.... got it? heehee... 3 hrs drive away from you (don''t you like our guessing game???) since I was away for school and so was my BF (also in your province), he came visit me before. We still go on trips alone, but I have to tell my parents we''re also going with other ppl. I hate lying... but.. no choice. Since we''re almost getting engaged (my parents know we ordered the ring), I asked my mom if I can go on a trip with him this summer. She seems to be ''ok''.... but who knows.

well. we didn''t buy the Canadian diamond.. ''cuz i was bothered by the high HCA score. We went with a non-Canadian diamond for almost the same price ($50 more). Everyone on PS think that is a better choice.. so I''m happy
30.gif

my bad! still a great deal, and the stats seem great (so yes, I''m with all the other PSers!) And you got to see it in person, which is a huge plus. My bf and I aren''t seeing the stone at all, just going on good faith and Lesley''s word from BGD (but, they have rave reviews from people here, so I''m not too worried).

I have a friend that lives in that city - I was just there a few weekends ago! And I think you should be okay after you get engaged - even if they''re not too happy about you going on your summer trip, they''ll deal with it (after some fussing), and it''ll be more "acceptable" because you have official marriage plans.

Let''s do an age guessing game now :razz:

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 10:55:03 PM

my bad! still a great deal, and the stats seem great (so yes, I''m with all the other PSers!) And you got to see it in person, which is a huge plus. My bf and I aren''t seeing the stone at all, just going on good faith and Lesley''s word from BGD (but, they have rave reviews from people here, so I''m not too worried).

I have a friend that lives in that city - I was just there a few weekends ago! And I think you should be okay after you get engaged - even if they''re not too happy about you going on your summer trip, they''ll deal with it (after some fussing), and it''ll be more ''acceptable'' because you have official marriage plans.

Let''s do an age guessing game now :razz:
The thing is.. my mom was like "ask your dad". I think I''ll still go on a trip with my bf no matter what. I just want to be able to tell them.

sure.. let''s do the guessing game... but.. don''t look at my other posts.. ''cuz I wrote somewhere about my age. lol

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2010 11:04:38 PM

The thing is.. my mom was like ''ask your dad''. I think I''ll still go on a trip with my bf no matter what. I just want to be able to tell them.

sure.. let''s do the guessing game... but.. don''t look at my other posts.. ''cuz I wrote somewhere about my age. lol

Yes, I''d say tell them too, not much they can do or say since you''re going to be engaged this time :) They can still complain, but it''s easier for them to come to terms with it.

Okay, scouts honour! (not that I was ever a scout, but still, I take these things super super seriously. hehe)
I think I''m older than you. Let''s see, your province doesn''t have grade 13 (mine doesn''t anymore, but it did at the time. I was the last year of that I think, so let''s see how good your guessing skills will be!). Let''s give you at least 4 years of university, and at least 1 year of being done and moving back home. 23-26 age range?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
wow.. you''re good... yes.. 23-26 range.. but how old exactly???

let me guess.. you said.. you had grade 13.. but.. that was the last year.. you should be 25-26.

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
i''ll say 24 1/2 :razz:

I''m one step higher than your range!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 11:29:24 PM
i''ll say 24 1/2 :razz:

I''m one step higher than your range!
BOOO.. you are INCORRECT!!!!

you mean one step higher than 24.5? if so, i think we''re the same age!!! oh ya.. i forgot you said.. your grade 13 is my first year... ARE WE THE SAME AGE???

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2010 11:33:43 PM

BOOO.. you are INCORRECT!!!!

you mean one step higher than 24.5? if so, i think we''re the same age!!! oh ya.. i forgot you said.. your grade 13 is my first year... ARE WE THE SAME AGE???

I''m losing my psychic skills
7.gif

No, I meant one higher than what you guessed for me. I''m 27 (turning 28 this year)

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 11:36:07 PM

I''m losing my psychic skills
7.gif

No, I meant one higher than what you guessed for me. I''m 27 (turning 28 this year)
I was thinking.. my range.. 23-26.. lol opps.. SO CLOSE!!! I''m turning 26 in sept... now.. what can we guess? lol.. we''re so funny...

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
diamond size? damn, already done.
ooh, hair colour? lol

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
too easy...

I KNOW.. our major in school?

hint: my degree is not common

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/5/2010 11:41:59 PM
too easy...

I KNOW.. what our major in school?

hint: my degree is not common
astrophysics! lol

this is a tough one. kinesiology?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
nope...
big hint: you can''t get in just based on your grades...

my guess for you... business... give me some hint for your PS twins please!

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
music? nursing?

you''re pretty close on mine! My program is a unique one in Canada, and was combined with a college to offer both the theoretical and hands on perspective. hints: i know all about e-commerce and business, I''m a pro in photoshop, can create basic websites, and know how to edit films!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 11:57:23 PM
music? nursing?

you''re pretty close on mine! My program is a unique one in Canada, and was combined with a college to offer both the theoretical and hands on perspective. hints: i know all about e-commerce and business, I''m a pro in photoshop, can create basic websites, and know how to edit films!
omg... you got it... music...

web programming? graphic art designs?

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/6/2010 12:00:58 AM
omg... you got it... music...

web programming? graphic art designs?

That''s awesome - what instrument(s) do you play? Do you sing as well?

I did communications and information technology.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results