shape
carat
color
clarity

Minor amusement and IGI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meepcat

Shiny_Rock
I was checking out Zales, and looked at the following description:

"This platinum solitaire ring has one diamond in a 4-prong setting. The shank of the ring is rounded for a comfortable fit and has The Zales Diamond® etched into it with a single diamond representing the word "diamond". Each Zales Diamond® comes with three certifications that independently evaluate your diamond''s quality and characteristics. The International Gemological Institute certification number is laser-inscribed directly on your diamond. The ring comes packaged in an elegant hardwood box with a jeweler''s loupe."

For a company like Zales to back IGI, does this make it comparable to the standards of AGS or GIA?

I was amused by the amount they''re charging for this ring, of course, being retail priced, in comparison to the one my BF and I looked at last week (a third of the price).

Amazing.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ticketed price in a retail store is what they would like to get in a perfect world. Often most ggods are introduced at a higher price and after say 3 months the discounting happens. If the price is not high enough to begin with then there is no where to go (a bit like rugs and carpets
2.gif
).

Otherwise the report seems to read like great marketing.

Tell em, tell them what you told them, and then tell em again.

As for brand building - it seems that both are building each others brands. Good business.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
great marketing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and remember....nothing happens until somebody sells something. You learn that fast in the corporate world
1.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results