shape
carat
color
clarity

Mini Palm Tree Favors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Girls. FI''s last name is "Palmer" so we thought that mini palm trees might be cute to hand out as favors at our wedding. Plus, they''re eco friendly!

The only problem is that I have found just one place that sells them online and they are about $4 each. I''m sure shipping and will probably double that and since we are probably going to have $250/$300 guests and we are paying for most of the wedding ourselves, that''s def. out of our budget.

We live in Ohio but I was thinking that maybe I could find a local place that can get them in for us in the spring. Does anyone know when these lil trees are "in season" (if they have a season lol) or if any gardening stores carry them? We are going to check one out tomorrow to see if we can get info on them.

Has anyone ever used mini live trees as favors in their wedding? Was it a good experience?

Can anyone recall ever seeing them online?

What do you all think of our idea in the first place? lol.

If we can''t find them relatively inexpensively, we figured we could buy a few to use as centerpieces and let someone at the table "win" them. (sticker under the plate or something).

Thanks for reading!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know the name of the palm you want to give? Can you share a photo?

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
If it's a tropical plant, there may not be a specific "in season" because of the lack of seasons around the equator, but a good florist or garden shop should be able to get them in for you.

$4 each sounds like a pretty good deal for a live tropical plant! I like the centerpeice idea the best.

The gift of live plants often has slightly negative symbology because if the plant dies - symbolicly so does your love.

Some of my friends gave out pine tree seedlings at their wedding, and I think most of them ended up dying (which was kind of sad).

Alternatively you could do cheaper favours by filling these palm tree boxes with candy/soap/something interesting. I think they're pretty cute.

Or a palm tree cookie cutter (it's nice to give something that can be used) (this is in australian dollers so I think it's cheaper that $3.50).

Another option is little woven palm leaf boxes to put things in - still uses plam, but won't die.

You have tons of options! (I could find more
2.gif
)

Cheers
HD

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
I think HopeDream is onto a good idea with the boxes or the palm leaf boxes, and think that would work very nicely if you can''t find a cheaper option. I like the idea of using the palm trees, but I would be worried about the logistics of it...they wouldn''t fit into a handbag easily and might spill soil around if they do, so people may forget them after a long night partying and celebrating! How annoyed would you be if you found out after your wedding that 2 thirds of them were left behind just because people were tired and/or merry and just forgot them because they couldn''t be easily fit into a bag?

xxx

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never seen trees, but we did small lucky bamboo favors at our wedding. We actually got them through our florist, which was super convenient because she assembled them with the container, rocks, the bamboo, and cute llittle "thank you" tags in our colors. We paid about $5 apiece. I would ask your florist if they have access to something that would work and if they can help. They may be able to get bulk wholesale pricing, and if they will help with the labor, then even better!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
HopeDream, I LOVE that cookie cutter! Perhaps you could use that and attach recipes for both your and his favorite cookies? Even though you probably won't be able to use them in conjunction with the cutter, it'll be a nice personal touch with both of you!

What about these candles?

Or these place card holders?

or maybe a palm tree chocolate?

Just a few more thoughts for you, jaylex!!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all of your help girls.

Here''s the link to the palms I found:
http://www.beau-coup.com/mini-palm-plant-favors.htm

I love them and they are so cute but really small.

We went to a local garden center today and they had a mini palm plant called "neanthebella". They were 4.99 each and about three times the size of the one from that website.

I think that they would make a great centerpiece.. hopefully with some candles (as long as I can be sure they won''t catch fire lol)

BigDiamonds: When we find a florist I''ll def. check to see what they can do for us. Thanks for the suggestion!

Parsley: That was another concern of mine. So I buy 250 lil plants and one family of 4 only takes home one plant (who needs four?) and one couple leaves early and forget both of theirs... ect.. and so i''m left with 100 mini plants at the end of the night lol.
I didn''t even think about the spilled soil problem.

So yes. Maybe centerpieces.

Thank you all for your suggestions. My problem is that we aren''t having a "beach" wedding... I just like the palms because of his (our!) last name so I don''t want anything too "beachy".
I''m thinking I may do a palm in the center of each table, and at each place setting have little "palm tree" chocolates in a pretty box or bag of some sort with colored paper to match our theme with a tag that says something like "Thank you for sharing in our special day! Love, The Palmers." or something like that.

idk. the cookie cutter idea is also cute. We''ll see lol.

Thanks again, laides!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results