shape
carat
color
clarity

mini asscher side stones - help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Howdy all!

Quick question. I''m heading to a great jeweler next weekend to discuss getting my beautiful emerald cut parti-sapphire set for my new e-ring. Very excited! Problem is I really want to incorporate Asscher cuts somehow and figure it may be cheaper for me to buy the side stones separately.
34.gif

Sooo... I''m looking for 2x teensy 3-4mm white asscher cut stones. Open to sapphire, zircon or any other white stone that is suitably durable enough for an e-ring. All I can find it princess cuts and that looses the cool step-cut look I''m going for. Even squared emerald cuts would be fine!

Any help would be fabulous! Thank so much. Promise to post pics when it''s done.

35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

For something around 3 to 4 mm, I recommend getting a Carre cut instead, which is like a modified asscher cut because it looks better. A full asscher cut will not be as apparent in something of that size. Is your jeweller not able to source something like that? I’m not sure if you’ll be able to find a matching pair online; it might have to be custom cut.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
The majority of custom gemstone cutters won''t cut that small - I know, I asked around a lot before I got my Jeff White asscher. It might not be a bad idea for you to look around online for some tiny asscher-cut diamond studs. Find something that weighs in at about .50 carats and you will have a 1/4 carat each, a little small but not bad.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dan Stair seems to do some pretty small stones occasionally and he also does modified asschers; it might be worth it to email him to see if he’ll take on that project. www.customgemstones.com

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I contacted DiamondsbyLauren earlier this year for a pair of small asschers, if I remember correctly they had a good price and excellent customer service. It seemed like they had many different options as well. I ended up putting my money on more colored stones, though
9.gif
so I''m sorry I can''t say anything about the finished product.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Call Walmart and ask some questions about this!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your helpful suggestions!
36.gif

I had already asked Jeff White if he''d do it but no such luck. Too small he said.

Also never realised they''d be so darn expensive!!! ie. $700 is more thna I paid for my centre stone sapphire
23.gif

Oh well, hopefully the jeweller can source something for me.

Thank again.
35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
HotPozzum- Can''t wait to see what you find out about this! keep us updated
1.gif
I''ve been vague thinking of some tiny asscher/carre sides for my Mahenge emerald cut. Yum!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 12:36:50 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Call Walmart and ask some questions about this!
Whoa!

Although, I don''t have much confidence that anyone at Walmart knows the difference between an asscher and a princess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results