shape
carat
color
clarity

Milgrain?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Is the metal on the edges of the Ritani Endless love milgrain?
44_1.JPG

How would you describe it to differentiate it from milgrain like this, that is more bumpy? I couldn''t find a pave example but I know I have seen it before. Thanks for the help!
3003330.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
no, it''s smooth. Milgrain would look like a coin''s edge.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much! Is the bright cut much harder/expensive to do?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/15/2006 9:33:37 AM
Author: indecisive
Thanks so much! Is the bright cut much harder/expensive to do?
No. It''s about the same amount of work either way. If the piece you are considering is a stock or production type item, it will probably be less expensive than an otherwise similar custom piece and some craftsmen charge more for their labor than others but it won''t be the difference between millgrain and bright cutting that accounts for the pricing.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
It is for a custom, but we had talked with them about milgraining because that is what I thought it was. Thank you so much for your help!!!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Show them a picture so that everyone is clear on what you want Even better, if they have something in their showcase that has the look you want, point it out to them.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results