shape
carat
color
clarity

milgrain durability?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fretty Bride

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Anyone here have a plain gold (14 or 18kt) milgrain-edged wedding band that you wear everyday? How does the milgrain hold up to every-day wear? After many years, does the pattern get roughed down? If I''m slipping lab gloves on over them everyday, how fast will the milgrain deteriorate?

I love the look of milgrain edges, but I want a wedding band that I can wear forever, because I know I will get attached to it. I''m thinking of a plain 14kt gold 2.5 mm milgrain edge band.

- FB

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t have milgraining on my rings, but I have worked in jewelry stores and can tell you that milgraining is something that can be re-done, so not to worry. If it wears down (it will, if you choose to wear your ring(s) daily), you can always have it "re-milgrained"!

Wear and tear on rings is nothing new...I''ve heard stories of women who cut fabric for a living and their prongs are worn down in no time flat...thankfully as long as you keep an eye on your rings and take them to your jeweler for inspection every few months (6 months to a year is the norm, but if you have a job where there is an obvious amount of wear and tear take them in more frequently), you can avoid losing stones and just have your jeweler perform the necessary maintenance.

Fretty Bride

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

I''m still deciding what I want for the wedding band...either plain rounded 3 mm or 2.5 mm milgrain edges.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results