shape
carat
color
clarity

Migraines?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
So, last night I got this weird headache not quite like any other one I''d had before, it hung around for several hours (increasing and decreasing in severity), I finally took some Tylenol and went to bed. Then when I woke up this morning...it''s STILL THERE. Exactly the same - throbbing sharp pain in my temple (occasionally shooting intense pain in addition to that), skin sensitivity which almost feels like muscle soreness in the area around my temple, and nausea which his been increasingly worse all morning.... Plus some light and sound sensitivity (though neither is terrible), and a big of light-headedness.

All of this meaning of course that I turned to the internet to diagnose myself! And the closest thing that popped up was a migraine. I''ve never had one before, but pretty much everyone in my family gets them (my mom especially), and onset seems to be teens/early adulthood/before 30 which makes enough sense for me (25).

So my questions are....

Do you guys get migraines? What helps you when you have them? Tylenol seemed to lessen the head pain quite a bit, but it''s still unpleasant, and it didn''t do anything for the nausea. And I can''t really lie down in a dark quiet room right now as I''m at work.

Do you think I actually have a migraine?
1.gif
I know you obviously can''t REALLY diagnose me like this, but just thinking about my mom''s migraines they seemed a little more debilitating than this is. Last night the head pain was bad enough that I couldn''t do much of anything for maybe an hour, but the rest of the night and most of this morning it''s just been painful but I''ve still been functional enough. The nausea is really bugging me more this morning than my head is, honestly, although my head still huuurts. (And yes, I took more Tylenol this morning ~2 hours ago).

Thoughts? Thanks!
5.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks belle! Still going through the other thread, but it looks to have a lot of helpful info! I think I''ll pop out and get some advil in a few minutes...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re welcome albicocca. it is a great medication and should work for you. make sure you drink lots of fluids as well. hopefully it will be gone soon!
28.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like my migraines, though I don''t get the skin sensitivity. For me advil and tylenol don''t help at all (actually, that was how I figured out I was getting migraines. I took about 12 advil over a two hour period to try to kill the headache. It didn''t help, and I got worried when I realized how much I took). For me, pressure on the temple (like my hand, or a cool washcloth) helps. They used to go away if I went to bed, but when they started still being around in the morning, or showing up several days in a row, I went to the doctor and got imitrex. It actually makes the nausea worse, but the headache goes away.

If you get them frequently, or they last a long time, I''d head to your doctor, as there are lots of medications that help.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
just fer grins, try some allergy relief sudafed. my supposed migraines were misdiagnosed for years. turns out they were sinus headaches.

can''t hurt....

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I have suffered from migraines since I was about 7 years old (although at that age, no one knew that''s what I was suffering from). I was misdiagnosed for years because I would complain of nausea so my parents and pediatrician thought I had an ulcer. Anyway, I get a visual "aura" before a migraine about 50% of the time I get them...shooting stars, "floaters" in my field of vision, blurred vision around the perimeter of my vision field, etc. My migraines are always on 1 side of my head (90% of the time, the right side) and they are throbbing, like I can feel my heart beating in my head. I become very sensitive to light and sound. Depending on the severity of the migraine (which translates to how quickly I take my medication), my head can actually be sore to the touch for a day afterwords, like a pulled muscle. Also, during my migraine, my skin will be sensitive to the touch. My main triggers are barometric pressure drops when it''s about to rain, missing meals, alcohol, severe changes in light (like exiting a dark movie theater into bright sunlight), being out in the sun too long and certain foods. I take Fioricet and have for about 10 years because it''s safe to take during pregnancy and breast feeding which I have been doing either 1 or the other for about that long!! Tylenol, Advil...even the migraine stuff over the counter does nothing for me. The only problem with Fioricet that I have found is that it does contain acetominephon (sp?) aka Tylenol so unfortunately, I have sometimes taken Tylenol thinking I was getting a regular headache only to find out a few minutes later that I am getting a migraine and then I can''t take the Fioricet because it would be a double dose. Mine are cyclical meaning worse during my period so I generally just take the Fioricet preventatively during my period to head off a migraine before it starts. Unfortunately, my 6 year old twin daughters have started exhibiting symptoms with the same triggers as mine.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results