shape
carat
color
clarity

Might as well jump . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoubleB

Rough_Rock
First of all, this is the greatest board I''ve ever seen since Al Gore invented the internet! The information that I''ve learned here is priceless! I''ve tried to follow the adage "Keep your mouth shut, you just might learn something" and it really works! Thank you to the professionals, the afficionados, and the newbies whose questions you patiently answer over and over!!!

As for my subject heading, it has a double entendre - I''m about to jump in and purchase a stone for keeps (I hope) or jump off the Coronado bridge here in SD. (BTW, the weather here really is lovely this time of year!)

The reason for the bridge reference is that despite the kudos to this board and all who make it great, the more I learn, the more I don''t know. For example, I''m looking at this stone:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_760ct_f_vs2_h&a.htm

If I was visting my family in Hewlett, I''d drive over to Massapequa Park and have a look, but I''m in California, and I never really liked that branch of the family, so I have to rely on numbers and pictures and techincal stuff. So after all I''ve learned here, this little beauty is "looking" pretty good to me.

But then I read all about the brilliance scope and the truth behind Hs and As and I worry . . . does that one arrow look crooked? Does the shaft look like it doesn''t quite meet the arrow head? And look at the brilliance scope - what are the implications when the brilliance seems to come from the lower left "quadrant", rather than all around the circle? Is the amount of white light which it "reflects" enough? Does this analysis mean it bounces colored light better than white light? Is that normal? Is that "good"? Bad? Does it matter?

I realize that while the women poll "How big is too big", I should be asking, "How obsessive is too much", and plan to do so with my therapist next week.

In the meantime, does everybody love this stone or not?

Btw, thanks for reading this far - as you can tell, I''ve always longed to write a column!

doubleb

drkewl

Rough_Rock
I suggest you call Jonathon @ good old gold and ask him
1.gif

I JUST purchased my diamond online today, and yes i''ve been obsessing over the smallest of details as well. I personally think this diamond looks great! The BS results suggest that you will have a very COLORFUL diamond which should be quite an eye opener!

I''ve talked to the people @ GOG a few times and they have been most helpful. That would be your best source of information on this!

best of luck

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, DoubleB! Welcome!

I certainly can''t answer any questions you posed, but I sure enjoyed reading them!

I for one hope you continue to obsess (by the way, it''s a very common syndrome around here) so that you stick around and we can enjoy more of your humor!
9.gif

widget

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
You may have had to increase your budget 50% (do share your story on the return of number 1; maybe pm me?), but that''s some fine shoppin''.

A few months ago, a writer asked how they''d spend their fantasy $20K, presenting 4 options. You picked my choice.

Best of wishes on the important part, upcoming, and meanwhile, good jumping.

P.S. Good luck finding an appraiser to confirm your choice (as I think it may be hard to improve meaningfully over Jonathan''s analysis).

Regards,

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Forget the therapist and call Good Old Gold. We love it, we love it! Any woman would flip over that baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results