shape
carat
color
clarity

Middle East peace deal

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This place needs some alternative opinions. We can hate Trump 24/7 but that dismisses things that are actually historic.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/1...about-trumps-historic-middle-east-peace-deal/

August 13, 2020 will go down as one of the most significant days in world history, especially in the long history of the Middle East. This past Thursday, the world woke up to a joint announcement from the United States, Israel, and the United Arab Emirates, declaring Israel and the UAE would establish formal diplomatic ties.

Although Israel had previously signed diplomatic agreements with Egypt in 1979 and Jordan in 1994, the agreement with the UAE marks a substantial achievement for the mission of peace and stability in the Middle East. The diplomatic agreement, called the Abraham Accord, means Israel and the UAE can exchange ambassadors and establish embassies in each other’s nations. Furthermore, the accord allows direct trans-national flights and opens new opportunities for bilateral cooperation, particularly in health care and trade...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give Trump the Nobel Peace Prize. :clap:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump owns the UAE. This is not exactly like the feat of bringing peace between Israel and Egypt! You are giving him credit for for an achievement like The Camp David Accords. Get a grip.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump owns the UAE. This is not exactly like the feat of bringing peace between Israel and Egypt! You are giving him credit for for an achievement like The Camp David Accords. Get a grip.

I strongly disagree with that sentiment. Whilst I think the US has beneficial links with KSA (Saudi) I think the UAE deserves more independent credit. Year of Tolerance was a great springboard for improving relations in the Middle East.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results