shape
carat
color
clarity

Microburst Storm Damage

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH was cutting the leaves using a mower when it started to rain. We get weird Microbursts in my area which are like small tornadoes that seem to come out of nowhere. It started to rain so I looked out the window to see if he was coming in. Within seconds the rain changed and started to come in sheets moving sideways.

I just heard him come in through the back door (big relief) when I saw this 30 foot section of my neighbor's pine tree come flying through the air and landing about 10 feet away from the window I was looking out.

IMG_6942.jpg

This was the top section. The tree is about 50-60 feet tall. This is what is left of it.
IMG_6943.jpg

The small limbs were propelled so hard- they embedded themselves in my yard about 2 feet deep. Here is another tree down in my neighbors yard. Look at how the small tree limbs are impaled in his roof and yard. Part of his front porch roof is damaged as well as the gutters.
IMG_6945.jpg

IMG_6948.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

This microburst took out one electric transformer leaving us without power for 5 hours, at least 10 trees in a 500 yard radius and lots of siding off one neighbor's house. The wind is still gusting. I lost a large limb of one cherry tree that is hanging on but will take out a large section of privacy fence it it falls this evening. Also lost 2 small trees and wondering if one pine is leaning but the ground underneath it seems intact.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oof this is so scary!! I hope you guys are all ok!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Amazing photos.
I'm glad you didn't hurt!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Omg, I’m glad you’re ok!

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Whoa! Scary close call. :-o
Hugs!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is a lot of damage. So glad no one was hurt.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How scary!! The second last picture looks like some horrible weapon. Glad you're OK!!!
Please watch closely for hidden damage (I know you're doing it already!!). We've had several instances where trees fell days later - close to people...:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you both are safe! There were some crazy storms that passed through here last night. I thought for sure trees would come down and we would lose power. It was fierce. We had 65 mph winds pass through with thunder and lighting and torrential downpours. Fortunately no one got hurt in our area but Mother Nature can be merciless.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you and your husband are OK!! Microbursts are no joke at all!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Those are indeed crazy and scary! Glad you are okay!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the well wishes forum friends. At this point just a lot of clean up. And to make things worse our dog had an allergic reaction to either her Proheart shot or her Miconazole ear drops that she received on Saturday. Regular Vet could not see her until Thursday so we took a trip to the emergency vet to get her looked at. ER Vet thinks it is the Proheart but I think it is the Miconazole. Her symptoms are waning as the Miconazole wears off. I hate it when the dogs are not feeling well.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH was cutting the leaves using a mower when it started to rain. We get weird Microbursts in my area which are like small tornadoes that seem to come out of nowhere. It started to rain so I looked out the window to see if he was coming in. Within seconds the rain changed and started to come in sheets moving sideways.

I just heard him come in through the back door (big relief) when I saw this 30 foot section of my neighbor's pine tree come flying through the air and landing about 10 feet away from the window I was looking out.

IMG_6942.jpg

This was the top section. The tree is about 50-60 feet tall. This is what is left of it.
IMG_6943.jpg

The small limbs were propelled so hard- they embedded themselves in my yard about 2 feet deep. Here is another tree down in my neighbors yard. Look at how the small tree limbs are impaled in his roof and yard. Part of his front porch roof is damaged as well as the gutters.
IMG_6945.jpg

IMG_6948.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

This microburst took out one electric transformer leaving us without power for 5 hours, at least 10 trees in a 500 yard radius and lots of siding off one neighbor's house. The wind is still gusting. I lost a large limb of one cherry tree that is hanging on but will take out a large section of privacy fence it it falls this evening. Also lost 2 small trees and wondering if one pine is leaning but the ground underneath it seems intact.

OMG thank goodness no one was hurt
pleasectake care with the clean up

we were on day two of our covid lockdown back in late March when we had a tree blow down in a storm and take out our fence with the neighbours
Gary skewered himself on a little branch doing the clear up resulting in a lot of blood, a trip to the ER, 17 stitches and a course of antibiotics

i hope your dog is feeling better soon and no more bits of trees inflict any more damage

hunker down and make soup and wait for the wind to calm down

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the well wishes forum friends. At this point just a lot of clean up. And to make things worse our dog had an allergic reaction to either her Proheart shot or her Miconazole ear drops that she received on Saturday. Regular Vet could not see her until Thursday so we took a trip to the emergency vet to get her looked at. ER Vet thinks it is the Proheart but I think it is the Miconazole. Her symptoms are waning as the Miconazole wears off. I hate it when the dogs are not feeling well.

I hope your sweet dog starts feeling all better very soon. It is very awful when out furry babies aren't well especially when we don't know for sure why. Wishing her a speedy and full recovery and glad your clean up is going well.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your sweet dog starts feeling all better very soon. It is very awful when out furry babies aren't well especially when we don't know for sure why. Wishing her a speedy and full recovery and glad your clean up is going well.

Thanks Missy. My sweetie is not better and will see her regular vet tomorrow. The ER vet said her symptoms might last 6 months until the Proheart shot wears off. She may need to go on steroids during that time which cannot be good overall for her health.

I am very, very, disappointed that I allowed her to get the shot without doing research on it. I am sure that most dogs do fine with it, but it was taken off the market at some point due to the amount of dogs dying and suffering adverse reactions. Now I read reactions are rare, but we are living proof that they do occur and are very serious. Unlike a monthly dose of heartworm preventative this shot will not leave her body for 6 months.

Also- as dogs age we need to be more careful with them and the medications they receive. I feel absolutely terrible, like I have failed her. Steroids leave you more open to infections and she already has an ear infection. I truly am afraid of how this is going to affect her long term.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy. My sweetie is not better and will see her regular vet tomorrow. The ER vet said her symptoms might last 6 months until the Proheart shot wears off. She may need to go on steroids during that time which cannot be good overall for her health.

I am very, very, disappointed that I allowed her to get the shot without doing research on it. I am sure that most dogs do fine with it, but it was taken off the market at some point due to the amount of dogs dying and suffering adverse reactions. Now I read reactions are rare, but we are living proof that they do occur and are very serious. Unlike a monthly dose of heartworm preventative this shot will not leave her body for 6 months.

Also- as dogs age we need to be more careful with them and the medications they receive. I feel absolutely terrible, like I have failed her. Steroids leave you more open to infections and she already has an ear infection. I truly am afraid of how this is going to affect her long term.

Aww I’m sending bucketloads of healing dust to her!!! And please don’t beat yourself up. You’re doing all you can and we’re human. We make mistakes. Though you could not have really forseen this one imo. The veterinarian should have given you all the info necessary to decide.
Praying she’ll recover fully.
Hugs to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results