shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael Michaud''s Nature Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael Michaud''s jewelry, which is designed primarily in silver, I believe, came up in a thread about gold designers. We seem to need a place to discuss him, so I thought that I had better carve one out!

Widget, in the other thread you asked if it wouldn''t be nice if one could buy his peapod necklaces with the appropriate number of pearl "peas" (children) to give as Mother''s Day gifts. I think that that is possible!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These pieces appear to be available.

MichaudPeaPods.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Deb!

I really love his stuff...I think a lot of his pieces are in cast bronze, too.

I gather he doesn''t have a website of his own, that his stuff is only available through retailers??

It was AmberWaves'' acorn wedding necklace that turned me on to him!

I think Irina posted this piece in an old, now closed thread... Patina-ed bronze and pink freshwater pearls inspired by Monet''s Water Lilies...

widget

waterlilies54.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at some of his work that was available on the ''net, and it is beautiful. Interestingly enough, he is from my neck of the woods. He grew up in Westport and Fairfield, Connecticut...a stone''s throw from where I did and where I have always had family. I love the fruit he does, particularly the blueberries and the cherries. I also love the birch bark cuff bracelet he made. I know I wouldn''t wear one, so I won''t buy one, but I really enjoy looking at it. It is truly a sculpture, a work of art!

Deb
34.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
I wish he worked in gold and platinum...

(I can''t help myself...I''m such snob...
15.gif
)

widget

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
He does some pieces in 14k gold. Look here (at the bottom of the page) and here.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2006 4:50:22 PM
Author: Kismet
He does some pieces in 14k gold. Look here (at the bottom of the page) and here.

Thanks for the links, Kismet. His being able to work in gold does not surprise me now that I have seen his work in other metals. I have been trying to post a picture of the birch bark cuff bracelet. It is gorgeous (but would not be as gorgeous in gold, I think!).

34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results