shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael Jackson rushed to the hospital.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 6:23:39 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I think it's a bit extreme to say he's suffered 'his entire life', many would say he's lived quite a charmed life, aside from the alleged abuse he suffered as a child. His musical contributions to the world are unquestionable, but as a person he's certainly no hero.

NPR says "multiple sources" are reporting his death.

Count me among those who generally feel bad for him. I think he's lived a pretty tortured life, even if much of it did seem to be self-inflicted.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to cry a lot today. I know he possibly wasn't the greatest person, but he was the greatest performer that ever lived.

39.gif
I'm so sad!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this really comes as a shock. Really unexpected.

I think many of the great artists who''s work has stood out have had really troubled personal lives, it seems like it is nothing new. Only time will tell if his music or the problems he had are what he will be remembered for.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:40:09 PM
Author: nebe
I''m going to cry a lot today.

I know he possibly wasn''t the greatest person, but he was the greatest performer that ever lived.

39.gif

I loved his music.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is engaged in a great struggle.”

AGBF
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:33:56 PM
Author: luckystar112
Just as there are people out there who may be convinced of his guilt Re: child molestation, there are others who aren''t totally convinced (me being one of them). He is (was?) definitely a weirdo but at the same time money can be an evil thing. I wonder if we''ll ever know for sure.

With that being said, money doesn''t make a charmed life. The abuse he suffered as a child after being shoved onto the stage at age 5, substance abuse, extreme debt, the trials---not to mention he spent most of his life completely alone. Sad sad sad.

One thing is for certain, he was an icon and there are a lot of people out there who will miss him.
7.gif
YES. Ditto to all. I am sad, we lost an icon. He will be missed.
7.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is so sad and tragic. I wonder what happened exactly? Gosh I just still can''t believe it...

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:41:36 PM
Author: AGBF

AGBF
34.gif
Magnificent quote AGBF.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, RIP.

I''m sad for my own memories of his music, despite his personal struggles.

This is a sad day for the entertainment industry.

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:23:39 PM
Date: 6/25/2009 6:15:04 PM

Author: Orchid14

Date: 6/25/2009 6:04:16 PM

Date: 6/25/2009 5:53:34 PM

Author: Linda W

I feel so sorry for his children.
Linda, if he's the child molester most think he is, do you really feel sorry for them?

Lucky, your DH and I would get along well in this regard. I'm always suprised at how attached people become to celebrities.

I don't think it matters what 'most think' about the allegations, especially at this time. The man has suffered his entire life, regardless of whether the accusations are true or not. I feel sorry for his children no matter what the case.
I think it's a bit extreme to say he's suffered 'his entire life', many would say he's lived quite a charmed life, aside from the alleged abuse he suffered as a child. His musical contributions to the world are unquestionable, but as a person he's certainly no hero.

Nobody said he's a hero who led an exemplary personal life. He is a legend because of his musical talent and his impact on pop culture. That's indisputable, and I think that's why most people are shocked to get this news.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:42:43 PM
Author: Ali

AGBF
34.gif
Magnificent quote AGBF.
That is a lovely quote, thanks Deb....
12.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Remember when the thriller video came out and everyone tuned in to watch it on TV?! It was the biggest thing at the time.

The videos they're playing on CNN are bringing back childhood memories.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I've just got all these memories flooding my mind right now. I used to play his Thriller record in the basement as a kid. I would dance around in front of the mirrors down there for hours to his music....He was such an incredible entertainer. You've got to give him that.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:42:19 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
This is so sad and tragic. I wonder what happened exactly? Gosh I just still can't believe it...

I am just guessing....but unless he had a chronic heart condition, my number one guess would be an overdose of a substance (or mixing substances that enhance the effects of each other). Things things can be accidental (but not always). Many drugs can cause abnormal heart rhythms which can result in arrest.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Just went out to the terrace, and it''s amazing how many helicopters have converged overhead considering there is nothing to see from the air.

All of the local channels have broken into their normal programming here in LA. Wow.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:44:23 PM
Author: innerkitten
Remember when the thriller video came out and everyone tuned in to watch it on TV?! It was the biggest thing at the time.
I was a month shy from turning 1. He''s been a constant in some of our lives....the ultimate icon. Crazy.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
We loved the Thriller Video!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF
34.gif
This is a quote that should be remembered.

I am sad to hear of the loss of Michael Jackson.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 6:44:21 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 6/25/2009 6:42:43 PM
Author: Ali

AGBF
34.gif
Magnificent quote AGBF.
That is a lovely quote, thanks Deb....
12.gif
I really agree. We can never know the unresolved emotional pain that any of our friends, family or the people we admire carry within themselves, sometimes for a life time.

He was a wonderful performer and he gave millions such joy in listening to him and watching him. He''ll always be "the King of Pop" to us. Rest his soul.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:47:07 PM
Author: luckystar112
Date: 6/25/2009 6:44:23 PM

Author: innerkitten

I was a month shy from turning 1. He''s been a constant in some of our lives....the ultimate icon. Crazy.

I remember my mother sitting us all down to watch it. He was the only pop artist she was a fan of.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:46:23 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

This is so sad and tragic. I wonder what happened exactly? Gosh I just still can''t believe it...

I am just guessing....but unless he had a chronic heart condition, my number one guess would be an overdose of a substance (or mixing substances that enhance the effects of each other). Things things can be accidental (but not always). Many drugs can cause abnormal heart rhythms which can result in arrest.
That''s what I was thinking

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely quote AGBF.

My all-time favorite video was one of his....Earth Song

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe this. I don''t know what to do with myself right now...

It''s my childhood. I loved him as an artist, as an icon. I just can''t believe it.
15.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:48:57 PM

That''s what I was thinking

It is sad, a list of meds/drugs popped into my head when I herd this. I am sure Dr. Gupta will have some good insight. He is usually dead on.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my so sad. beautiful quote AGBF, very true. My favorite song of his is "Man in the Mirror".

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock

This is so sad and tragic. I wonder what happened exactly? Gosh I just still can't believe it...

That's what I was thinking

Well, it might be worth mentioning that he was a 50 year old man who weighed about 90 pounds for the last decade and had long seemed to struggle with health. It's possible that no bad or affirmative act was required.

What extreme joys and pains he must have known in his years. I feel for his loved ones today.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
News conference momentarily abcnews.com said. I''m leaving work in a minute...

Yes, AGBF thank you for that beautiful quote. Something to keep in mind for sure.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:53:07 PM
Author: Skippy123
Oh my so sad. beautiful quote AGBF, very true. My favorite song of his is ''Man in the Mirror''.
Mine, too. SO and I are huge fans of his music. What a shock...so sad.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:50:41 PM
Author: FrekeChild
What a lovely quote AGBF.

My all-time favorite video was one of his....Earth Song

Oh YES Liz, I do love that one too.
30.gif
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 6:54:44 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis

That's what I was thinking

Well, it might be worth mentioning that he was a 50 year old man who weighed about 90 pounds for the last decade and had long seemed to struggle with health. It's possible that no bad or affirmative act was required.

True, he could have had an electrolyte abnormality (Potassium abnormalities can cause sudden cardiac arrest). His liver or kidneys could have slowed down and caused a med he was prescribed to build up in the blood (such as older antidepressants), or there could have been something else they are not telling us about that proceeded the cardiac arrest (such as an aortic dissection or blood clot in the lung). It is just that a lot of drugs that people abuse are dangerous because they can cause cardiac arrest (there are other reasons, but that is a big concern when you here someone overdosed on one of these).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results