shape
carat
color
clarity

MICHAEL B SIZING QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jamie1963

Rough_Rock
I thought the Michael B. would catch your attention. I''m currently getting a Micahael B setting from Pearlman''s Jewelers, which I''ve only heard rave things about, but I''m worried about my size. I''m gettinga 6 1/8. Please tell that''s a normal size 6 and something ring size. This is a custom order...what if it''s too small? It''s the Micahael B. petit princess...can it be resied if it''s too small?

Thank you!

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Is it this one? (Or v. similar?)

The pave goes all the way around ... therefore it''s probably a bit hard to resize ... Not impossible but if it can be avoided by getting the size right to begin with that would be better.

Is there anywhere you can go to try on the ring? Or try on any ring? Your best bet is probably to try on sizing bands at any jewelry store, to be 100% sure. I''d definitely recommend it. In fact, if you have time, go in on a few different days (different times of day/different temperatures etc) because your fingers do change size according to temp and time of day etc - that way you''d be confident you picked the size that will fit you in winter and summer.

It''s one thing to get it "mostly" the right size in a band that can be pretty easily resized but you wouldn''t want to get this one resized and mess up the pave if it can be avoided by a quick trip to a jewelry store first.

michaelb1.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Another thing to keep in mind is that the sizing rings at the jewelers are probably wider bands than the Michael B setting you are considering, thus the Michael B will fit differently than the approx. 3mm wide sizing bands at the jeweler, so keep this in mind.
Indecisive really makes a great point by advising you about going in to the jeweler at least three times (all different times of day/weather conditions) because it really makes a difference. I for one have had a lot of trouble with this because my fingers change size drastically and it is a real pain for me.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have a Michael B ring...the 3 sided pave ring. My ring size was a 5 in the store. I did do the sizing thing several times, but it was in the winter. I ordered my ring in 5 1/4 for 2 reasons:

1. I''d rather have it be slightly too big than too small. As the weather has gotten warmer I have found the 5 1/4 works just great. I like to be able to take my ring off to put on lotion etc and I don''t want to scrape my knuckles every time I do this.

2. Jeweler recommended goings slightly larger because when you add a wedding band rings will feel a bit more snug. I don''t have my wedding band yet, but so I can''t tell you if this is true. Maybe some of the other married ladies will chime in here.

I was also told that Michael B will work with you if the ring size turns out to be wrong. I will admit that my ring does move around some...I find myself straightening so my center stone is centered, but when it''s warm out I don''t have any of this. I''ll be curious how the wedding band changes the fit.

Good luck. The Michael B rings are beautiful.

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Hi there! I have a Michael B Crown Lace ring in a 5 1/2 ring size. I''ve measured my ring size many times, in many conditions. My Michael B ring fits exactly. If you are truly a size 6 then a 6 1/8 should be no problem. I suppose the question is how much does your ring size fluctuate and do you remain a size 6 under different conditions?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Adding a band to the same finger as your e-ring will aid in the e-ring staying put more consistently where it should rest on your finger!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2005 10
6.gif
9:32 AM
Author: IslandDreams

2. Jeweler recommended goings slightly larger because when you add a wedding band rings will feel a bit more snug. I don''t have my wedding band yet, but so I can''t tell you if this is true. Maybe some of the other married ladies will chime in here.
My rings are a bit more snug now that I''m wearing two. . .just to complicate things a bit, it''s recommended that you order your wedding band in a slightly larger size than your eng. ring to help your rings fit properly. My wedding band is 1/4 size larger than my eng. ring (but it''s also wider too, so this does require the size to be larger, as well). . .just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results