shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael B rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pretty_n_pink

Rough_Rock
I found a ring I love!! Its in the Michael B collection under Trios..its the princess ring with a square shape of diamonds surrounding the diamond itself..My husband to be loves the ring and is willing to buy it for me but the setting alone is 7000 dollars..Could someone please help me find a ring similiar but cheaper? I like the setting with the pave diamonds around the band and the way the ring is set a little off the finger..basically the same ring by another designer just cheaper..If I am making any sense I would love feedback..Thank you all sooooooooooo much!
30.gif
I love him and don''t want him going broke over a ring...
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS Pretty in Pink. If you absolutely love this setting I would say but this one, if you wanted to change 20% or more of the design of the ring I would recommend talking to Whiteflash or Quest. But if this is the one that speaks to you and makes your heart go pittter patter then call Pearlman''s.

Is this the ring you meant?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love everything about that setting, then I''d suggest getting it, especially if your hubby''s on board. That particular michael b setting, if it''s the one matatora linked us to, doesn''t look easily replicated. Custom is always an option and more than likely cheaper but it may not turn out like what you are hoping and custom can be a big headache and not worth it if you love a designer piece as it. Michael b''s rings are also handmade which increases the price along with the designer name
1.gif

pretty_n_pink

Rough_Rock
Yes that was the ring I was talking about, its also on http://michael-b-platinum-jewelry.solomonbrothers.com/michael-b-platinum-jewelry-engagement.asp the ring in the bottom right corner..I think its the same one, I have never seen it from that view..I do love the ring Im just not crazy about the price, and I don''t need platnum..white gold would be fine..what do you think? If hes willing to get it should I let him? I just feel so bad bc that doesnt include the diamond itself..and thats alot of money![$$)]

pretty_n_pink

Rough_Rock
I guess you are right.I do love it, but if you can think of any other designers I might like that aren''t so expensive let me know..Thank you so much for your imput!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 7:49:27 PM
Author: pretty_n_pink
Yes that was the ring I was talking about, its also on http://michael-b-platinum-jewelry.solomonbrothers.com/michael-b-platinum-jewelry-engagement.asp the ring in the bottom right corner..I think its the same one, I have never seen it from that view..I do love the ring Im just not crazy about the price, and I don''t need platnum..white gold would be fine..what do you think? If hes willing to get it should I let him? I just feel so bad bc that doesnt include the diamond itself..and thats alot of money![$$)]

I''m not 100% sure but I think michael b may make it in whitegold. It would at least be worth a phone call to Bill Pearlman.

pretty_n_pink

Rough_Rock
I called and you were right It comes in yellow gold but Im not a big fan of gold. I might keep looking or I might just tell him thats the one I want, Im just not sure about the price. If you know of any other designers that you like please let me know. I like settings with alot of sparkle and a thin band with pave diamonds..Im not too picky..Thank you so much!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you''re up for going custom you might want to check out Leon Mege at Art Of Platinum. There are several Pricescopers with rings by him. You can see them here. I will say that I saw Michael B''s rings in person over Christmas and the workmanship is just amazing. I am very, very picky when it comes to tiny detail like uneven prongs/beads (in a pave setting) and even though his stuff is pricey, he''s worth it. IF you''re open to anything there are tons of other designer and non designer rings out there. IF you really love this particular ring, I''d suggest calling Bill. It never hurts to try and see if the price can be negotiated a bit
2.gif
. I know with designer rings there isn''t a lot of wiggle room, but it never hurts to ask
9.gif

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
Have you checked Ritani? They have a square halo endless love setting for 1/3 of the Michael B price.

jedinite

Rough_Rock
My gf also wants the Michael B Trois but the round setting one. I know the price has gone up a bit since last year when I was browsing rings. I called Matthew''s Jewelry (actual home of Michael B) and his wife told me that the price of platinium went up from about $500/ounce last year to around $1100/ounce this year. That makes the ring a bit more expensive. As for gold vs platinium, even though he could probably custom make one for you in gold you''re probably better off with platinium because of how it holds the diamonds in place.

Ok, as for imitations, I''ve seen a lot of them and I was even considering one if they looked just as good but at a better price, however I''ve yet to see a copy of the Michael B Trois that has the same craftsmanship. If you''re bf is like me he probably wants the best for you and even if it costs a bit more now it''s probably gonna save you both a lot of headache and dissatisfaction down the road when you look at the ring and it''s not EXACTLY a Michael B.

One final caveat, when I spoke to Michael B''s wife and asked her about future upgrades to the ring she said that they would have to make a new ring and take back the value of the old ring, or what some people do is replace the crown and keep the old crown and make a pendant out of it. This is because each crown is custom fit to the diamond. It makes a difference for me because I was considering getting a 1+ ct now and upgrading in a few years to 1.5-2 ct but it makes more sense for me to just go for the 1.5ct now since upgrading .5 ct in the future would probably cost me a bunch more because of the recrafting of a new ring, trade in etc. 17-20K for a ring and stone.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results