shape
carat
color
clarity

michael B princess with diamond tipped prongs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jin866

Rough_Rock
Hi:

I really liked the Michael B princess setting. However, I found the prongs tipped are so large which I don''t quite like, looks like a lot of metal on the diamond. I also saw the MB three sided pave with tinny diamonds on the prongs all over. The diamond prong tips are so pretty. I am thinking of ordering the MB princess single row pave with diamond tips (not whole diamond prongs). What do you think (especially those who owns MB)? Will it work nicely?

Thanks,
Nana

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Nana,

It''s hard for me to picture exactly what you are describing and I don''t have photoshop to be able to help
7.gif
. But, I personally think it would look fine. I have seen 3-sided pave michael b rings with no diamond prongs and I think adding a little diamond on the prong tips would look nice. Your jeweler might even be able to get ahold of a picture from Michael b if they have done it before.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ths Michael B had diamonds on the prong tips doesn''t it? Do you mean this prong with diamonds just on the tips but not on the sides of the prongs? My only question about that (if I''m reading this right) is that you thought the prong tips looked very big (too much metal) on the stone - if you incorporate diamonds into the tips, I''d think the prongs would have to be substantial enough to not only hold the diamond but still offer the structural integrity to hold the stone securely.

Call Bill Pearlman - he''ll know!

Michael B 48P1 b.JPG

jin866

Rough_Rock
Thanks. That''s what I meant. I only want the diamonds on the tips. One of the reason is the cost. With diamonds on the tips, I can have the ring in 3.5k range. Diamond prongs would be a lot of more. Plus my only problem is I don''t want too much metal on the center stone. I don''t really care if the prong is paved or not. I saw the 3-sided with diamond all over, really really nice. I especailly like the diamond tips. I liked the delicate look it has compare to the metal tips.

It is a good idea to call Pearlman. Thanks.

Nana

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just the setting for 3.5K or the whole thing? What kind of center will you be using? I don''t know that diamonds on the prongs are a LOT more compared to the cost of the setting itself - just for reference, there is a diamond prong basket model under the Pearlman''s collection, with a disclaimer that the same head without diamonds on the prongs is $400 less - I guess it depends on what you call "a lot"! :)

I''ll clarify that to say that I don''t know how Pearlman''s Collection compares to Michael B cost-wise in terms of diamond prongs or not - another reason to call Bill!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results