shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael B 3 side pave with radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, the bf & I had a fabulous weekend in Chicago. On Friday night we went to the Green Dolphin Street restaurant then club. Definitely worth trying if you''re in Chicagoland. Just be careful to drink too many martinis :)
Anyway, Saturday was ring shopping day. We had appointments at CD Peacock to see the Vatche pave rings and then Goldin to see the Michael B lace setting. I originally thought I liked princess cut stones.

First we got to Goldin''s to look at Michael B''s lace setting which I didn''t like because it wasn''t quite as sparkley as I wanted. But in the box of M B rings I spotted the 3 sided pave ring. Oh heaven, this thing glowed. Then the jeweler (Randy--very nice!) showed us stones..He suggested I look at radiants as well as princess. I was really stunned to find out I liked the radiants better.

Then we walked through Tiffany & Cartier. Suprisingly nothing really caught my eye...not really much in pave at either store.

At CD Peacock we saw the Vatche thin pave bands. I''ve been carrying the pictures of these bands around in my purse for weeks. I was really sure I wanted this pave band with a princess cut stone. But it just didn''t compare to the Michael B 3 sided setting. The sales person even had her bouncer go to a different store to get a radiant stone and that didn''t help. I had plenty of time to stare at the Vatche setting...I really wanted to like it better...as it is much cheaper than the Micheal B.

So, back to Goldins Sunday morning to look at the Micheal B 3 sided pave again. The retangular radiant stone we picked out was 1.12 carats (F color, VS1)....so here''s my question. The Michael B ring is so sparkely, will it overwhelm a radiant of 1.12 carats? Also, any one have pictures of pave with a radiant stone?

Also, a moral to the story...even if you think you know what you want make sure to actually go see it...I am still shocked that I didn''t like the Vatche princess cut as much as the Michael B with radiant. I never would have known if I hadn''t gone to look. Sorry this is so long. I''m just excited :)

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Island Dreams:

I have the Michael B. Three sided pave ring, you can see pics of it in the show me the ring folder. You are right, it glows and is extremely sparkly. My stone is a 1.5c Round Brilliant and it is the perfect size. I have never seen a Michael B. set with anything less than a 1.5c RB so I can''t really tell you if your Radiant will be lost in the setting..I think you would have to see it to judge...I also think it is personal preference!

Good Luck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results