shape
carat
color
clarity

Metal color for spinel?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure you''re sick to death of me and my spinels! But can you give me your opinion on metal color for setting this stone? I''m considering a solitaire type ring setting.

1.82%20orangy%20pink%20tanzanian%20spinel2.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
rosegold!!!! LOL j/k!!

I think white would make that bad boy pop!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely picture yellow gold with this stone. It seems a lot richer to me. White just seems like it wouldn''t do much for the stone, and would be a bit "cold".

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I only love white:) But I do see yellow looking real good with this spinel. Maybe a yellow head/basket with a white gold shank?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like white. I think rose and yellow would both clash with the orangeness, but white gold provides a nice blank canvas.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour is warmish but so saturated that I think you''ll be fine with white gold for contrast.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooo yeah, I remember that bad boy! I would say white gold for sure. Yellow gold may bring out more of the orange in the stone.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an orangey pink spinel like that, and I''m a bit bummed I didn''t do high karat yellow for it. The white gold doesn''t do much for it.
14.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2010 9:27:22 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I have an orangey pink spinel like that, and I''m a bit bummed I didn''t do high karat yellow for it. The white gold doesn''t do much for it.
14.gif

Really? I would have thought that yellow gold would bring out the orange quite a bit. I guess it would also depend on the wearers coloring too. Red orange does absolutely nothing for me. Did you try it in any yellow gold settings? I swear I don''t remember you having a thread on that ring TL.

-A

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty color. I think it would look good in yellow.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2010 9:34:37 PM
Author: Arcadian

I have an orangey pink spinel like that, and I'm a bit bummed I didn't do high karat yellow for it. The white gold doesn't do much for it.
14.gif

Really? I would have thought that yellow gold would bring out the orange quite a bit. I guess it would also depend on the wearers coloring too. Red orange does absolutely nothing for me. Did you try it in any yellow gold settings? I swear I don't remember you having a thread on that ring TL.

-A

I started a thread on the loose stone itself with an oval tsavorite I obtained at the same time. Here's the one photo with it in the setting. I posted it in the eyecandy thread. I like rubies in yellow gold too, so not sure why I decided to go with white gold for this one. I also like my pinkish red in yellow gold, but haven't set that one yet.

TLMahenge_in_pearsetting2.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2010 9:41:46 PM
Date: 6/16/2010 9:34:37 PM

Author: Arcadian

14.gif

Really? I would have thought that yellow gold would bring out the orange quite a bit. I guess it would also depend on the wearers coloring too. Red orange does absolutely nothing for me. Did you try it in any yellow gold settings? I swear I don''t remember you having a thread on that ring TL.

-A

I started a thread on the loose stone itself with an oval tsavorite I obtained at the same time. Here''s the one photo with it in the setting. I posted it in the eyecandy thread. I like rubies in yellow gold too, so not sure why I decided to go with white gold for this one. I also like my pinkish red in yellow gold, but haven''t set that one yet.

TLMahenge_in_pearsetting2.JPG

I can see where yellow would be better for your stone because to me it looks much more ruby like, but to me it dosen''t have as much of an orange component as Uppy''s doe which is why for her stone I said white gold.

I personally DO like yours in white gold TL, but then again I really do like white gold
3.gif

Yours also dosen''t look to me to be as sleepy as her''s either.

I say you should give it a shot. heck its only a setting right?

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
Thank you.
It's actually graded orangey pink by AIGS, and it is a bit sleepy, but I do think Uppy's is sleepier.

Uppy, I think you really need to see the stone in person first though before you go one way or another. Maybe even a yellow gold basket and white gold shank?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think an 18k or up yellow gold, at least for the basket if not the whole ring.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
25 karat!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results