shape
carat
color
clarity

mesmerized by diamonds...just me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one on the forum to get mesmerized by their diamonds while doing something else?Yesterday just before a job interview at a jewelry store I walked around the store to see how the lighting affected the sparkle of the diamonds in my rings. After the interview i went to the market for bread and milk and found that the lighting was perfect and my 2.54 round brilliant diamond reacted like it was plugged into a light socket...I almost ran into a lady with my cart!A few months ago I was making a left hand turn while driving and the movement of the ring and the sunlight created a prism of colors on the roof of my car...I was distracted and BARELYmade the turn and almost didnt make it into the correct lane of traffic!I dont think its safe for me to wear diamonds anymore!Am i the only one that has been mesmerized by their diamonds?

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Movie theatres are awesome, both outside/in the lobby under the bright lights, and inside where the light has almost a candlelight effect.
31.gif

Not to mention the changing light on the screen once the movie starts ... easy to lose track of the plot!
41.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JM
very normal.i was doing the same when i had a diamond ring on my finger before we got rob
29.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lol. I always get distracted my my pretties!! I like the lighting in lowes and home depot myself... But I find myself staring at my rings constantly, and I feel like a total moron when someone catches me doing it! I just say i''m like a raccoon; i''m attracted to shiny/sparkly things.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I guess that means when I finally pick out and receive my studs, I will be walking around under lighting with a mirror in my face.
32.gif
Oh well, I am looking forward to it.
36.gif

SDL,
I keep dreaming about a custom ring for my right hand. I can't help it, but I want a diamond peace sign ring.
20.gif
A really blingy real diamond one.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think many of us are distracted by our sparkling diamonds or gemstones. It can amuse me for a long time.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a restaurant near me that has THE MOST AMAZING conditions for admiring my diamond! I think it''s a combination of the lighting and the fact that the decor is a sea of vibrant colors all around the room. I make the HH go there all the time... and I don''t even really like the food!
3.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a sickness and is very embarrassing when caught! I can just imagine the thoughts that run through folks heads when they see someone staring at their own diamond!

I hate being in rooms when my stone isn''t at it''s best - makes me feel panicky like there is something wrong with it I''ve never known before!
14.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Not only me, but my husband will borrow my right hand while I am driving and play with my ring in the sun.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
My baby is still breastfed, and he plays with my earrings, and pendant the whole time he is eating! He has an eye for sparkle! LOL!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Okay...im glad im normal (for a pricescoper anyway!) Im also guilty of actually looking for stores with good lighting...hate places where I cant look at my jewelry and am often asked if im late for something because im always looking down at my wrist and fingers admiring my wristwatch or diamond...my friends and family are so used to this that they actually have names for my watch and ring.(Rex the Rolex and Mr.Diamond)....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home depot ,Costco, Starbucks and under moon roof of your car
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2008 2:24:34 AM
Author:jewelerman
Am I the only one on the forum to get mesmerized by their diamonds while doing something else?... Am i the only one that has been mesmerized by their diamonds?
Are you "the only one"?! HERE???!
2.gif
Haha!

That's like going to an AA meeting and asking, "Am I the only one here who likes to drink?"
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Yeah, we're with you, JM. We're all obsessed!!!
40.gif
9.gif
12.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2008 8:30:32 PM
Author: jewelerman
Okay...im glad im normal (for a pricescoper anyway!) Im also guilty of actually looking for stores with good lighting...hate places where I cant look at my jewelry and am often asked if im late for something because im always looking down at my wrist and fingers admiring my wristwatch or diamond...my friends and family are so used to this that they actually have names for my watch and ring.(Rex the Rolex and Mr.Diamond)....
Ha - that is too cute!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2008 8:43:41 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Home depot ,Costco, Starbucks and under moon roof of your car
30.gif
Ditto, sometimes when hubby goes to Home Depot I ask if I can sit in the car because it is fun to look at my ring in the sunlight; the car has the best lighting for some reason! hehe Also, some elevators have fantastic lighting!!!
30.gif
I love the rainbow
emrainbow.gif
of sparkles a diamond gives off.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My supermarket, has great lighting. But agree Cotsco has amazing lighting for diamonds. I love looking at in the car, sometimes the sun hits it just the right way. Then I hear a honk, like move it lady. Sigh, that has happened more than a few times. I like it best when hubby drives.
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2008 5:39:47 PM
Author: marcyc
I think many of us are distracted by our sparkling diamonds or gemstones. It can amuse me for a long time.

Same here Marcy!!!
9.gif
36.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
My husband''s nickname for me is Rockchuck. "Aww, is the rockchuck distracted by the sparkle again?"

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m a serious sinner...I get so distracted by my diamond in church. The morning sun, the stained glass, and EC...there is nothing more heavenly :)

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Church!Ive been caught! Im a sinner too...In fact I hope I can sit as close to windowed areas so I can move my hands with being to obvious...In fact, the reason I became a jeweler is that my mom used to give me her wedding rings to play with in church when i was a little guy(5-6 yrs old). I also love walking down the center walk ways at the local malls because the lights are great for diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results