shape
carat
color
clarity

Mercedes' new e-car breakthrough is gonna kick Tesla's @ss

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even if I could afford the car I couldn't afford all the batteries!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I drive a Tesla....so much better!!! It uses 9volt batteries, so there's less of them:)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I wear just telling dh how I wished they made my Mercedes in a electric version….will have to share this and let him know my dreams have been realized!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha, I thought you were going to review the Mercedes EQS, very beautiful car.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh. I just got a Mercedes GLE. Unfortunately it's not powered by AA batteries. When a car company comes up with an all electric luxury SUV I'm there.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When a car company comes up with an all electric luxury SUV I'm there.

The Tesla Model Y is kind of an SUV....certainly as much as some other cars that are "SUV-like"

PS- Congrats on the new Mercedes...fun!!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Tesla Model Y is kind of an SUV....certainly as much as some other cars that are "SUV-like"

PS- Congrats on the new Mercedes...fun!!

I haven't seen that one (Tesla model Y) will have to check it out. Car buying is exhausting. But I love the Tesla logo; it looks like a cat nose! Mercedes isn't as cool, plus there's the Nazi undertones, but my husband liked it.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't tell you how much we love ours.
In terms of SUV-ness...it's amazing in the snow. I can't imagine taking it off road....
And there's so much space. The trunk- the "under trunk" and the "Frunk"
It's the fastest car I've ever driven. Self driving is over the top amazing.
And it farts on command
tesla.JPG

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
In terms of SUV-ness...it's amazing in the snow. I can't imagine taking it off road....
And it farts on command
tesla.JPG

In total agreement. Have a Model X with all the bells & whistles and the grandkids love the Falcon Wings rear doors upon opening. Besides gas pump avoidance, my Tesla gets better and better with every software update. Got it before the Fed & State rebates expired and also qualified for free lifetime Supercharger usage. Fast...try to beat 0-60 less than 3 sec and with an SUV no less. It's hella fun to drive.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it farts on command
tesla.JPG

Farts on command? Lol!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
And it farts on command
tesla.JPG

@Rockdiamond Nice! Model Y would be my Tesla model of choice as well. It is similar in size and shape to my MB GLC coupe. My only issue with Tesla is that their interiors are very minimalist and modern. They don't have the plush interior that MB has..... (at least not from sneak peeks of my neighbors' Teslas). That is why I would love MB to come out with an electric version of my GLC (including my chanel seats)....

@GreenPapaya will have to check out the MB EQS!

designo-Platinum-White-Pearl-Black-Nappa-leather.png

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My only issue with Tesla is that their interiors are very minimalist and modern. They don't have the plush interior that MB has.
Nice looking interior!!

As far as Tessy ( my nickname for her)
We got white exterior/ white interior.
Without a doubt, it's stark inside. It takes a bit of getting used to.
But in terms of comfort...really really nice seats.
And the fact that you can warm up/cool off the car before you get in...makes a huge difference.
To say nothing of how comfortable it is sipping coffee while she drives me.....

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS has the Tesla Y, I wouldn’t really say it’s particularly SUV-like.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I guess the definition of “SUV” has gotten overly broad:)
I was thinking of the general size… and big wheels

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a Tesla X . It's high-ish and has all wheel drive, so it's marketed as an suv here. And yeah, it's DOES fart on command ... My children love when DH puts the indicator sound on "fart"

Gull wing doors? Too cool!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium

One of the salesmen at the dealership said, "congratulations on your new truck, it's beautiful". I burst out laughing. My husband has a Ram 1500. *That's* a truck. A Mercedes GLE350 4Matic is not.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Huh. I just got a Mercedes GLE. Unfortunately it's not powered by AA batteries. When a car company comes up with an all electric luxury SUV I'm there.

Audi e-tron sport. We have one. Hobby loves it.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Next to our ‘real’ SUV, the Y looks just like a ‘normal‘ car (Inside and out).

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Next to our ‘real’ SUV, the Y looks just like a ‘normal‘ car (Inside and out).

THat's part of the beauty of it to me.....from a practical standpoint, it does everything most SUV's can do...but it's "softer" looking.
For my money, I swoon at 911's, and the Tesla is just...ok looking. But we get tons of compliments about the car from people

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DS is delighted with his @Rockdiamond, and the performance is definitely WOW, I just wanted something bigger because the way people drive around here o_O

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw a news piece on the GMC Hummer electric SUT (Sport Utility Truck). It gets 300 miles to a charge, can crabwalk out of parking situations, AND go off-roading. The batteries weigh as much as a Honda Accord and it's 87" wide. There is a two-year wait when you order, and price starts at $ 110k. Less expensive models will be forthcoming.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Audi e-tron sport. We have one. Hobby loves it.

@rocks. This is the best Looking Electric SUV I have seen so far! Will have to check it out. Will wait a few years until they prefect the technology. I owned a Diesel Audi Q7 that was a total lemon, even though it was the best looking vehicle I've owned.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@rocks. This is the best Looking Electric SUV I have seen so far! Will have to check it out. Will wait a few years until they prefect the technology. I owned a Diesel Audi Q7 that was a total lemon, even though it was the best looking vehicle I've owned.

Performance is amazing. Very fast. The electronics can be quirky. It’s our third Audi, first electric. So far, so good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results