shape
carat
color
clarity

Menus for Christmas and Boxing Days

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of those menus sound delicious - I hope they all turned out well!

This year my father announced that he was getting a mail-order spiral cut ham, and we kids cobbled together a largely ad-hoc menu around that. Seriously, we were still making decisions in the produce aisle on Christmas Eve afternoon! Here's what we ended up with:

Mixed green salad - brought by our guests
Spiral cut glazed ham (which defrosted in time :appl: even though we only remembered to defrost it on Christmas morning)
Truffled mac and cheese, gluten-free
Garlic roasted teeny tiny potatoes
Oven-roasted asparagus
My brother's trademark green beans sauteed with shallots, mushrooms, and walnuts
potato rolls
Proseco (before dinner), red and white wines, sparkling apple cider
Gluten-free citrus cake (recipe from most recent Sunset magazine)
Christmas Jello ;))

The Christmas jello is a creamy lime jello with crushed pineapple, walnuts, and maraschino cherries. I remember my mother making something like this that we all loved about 30 years ago, and searched for a recipe online. I think what I found is close, but not the same recipe my mother made. The recipe I made uses low-fat sour cream; I fear the recipe I remember so fondly was made with cool whip, which was all the rage back then. I can't bring myself to buy cool whip... :knockout: If anyone has a good recipe for a jello like this - and is willing to admit to it :mrgreen: - please share!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results