shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Wedding Band Quality - Does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glick

Rough_Rock
I am looking to get a 6mm Palladium band.
My local "high class" jewelry shop wants $999 for any size.
This tipped me off that they were overcharging, so I looked around for other prices.

This Place has it for $429.
A local Pawn shop has a catalog that sells it for $369.
eBay has a seller that prices it at $199.

What the heck!?!

A round band, is a round band, correct?
Do you think the metal quality is low on the cheaper ones?
Will it be machined poorly?

They are all 6mm wide, 2.25mm Thick, size 10, 950 Palladium.

audelair

Rough_Rock
I have used e-weddingbands.com, and was very impressed with their customer service (prompt and friendly response to questions) and quality. I bought a platinum ring (PT950 platinum/ruthenium), and it is very high quality and the engraving was very well done. Doing a search on pricescope and other websites, it seems everyone that has used them were happy with the service.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are certainly bands that are cheaper feeling/machined than others for sure. But there are also places that just overcharge to rip you off too!

I would buy the cheapest one you can find from a *reputable* place with a full return policy. That way if you aren''t happy you can always get a refund.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to e-wedding bands. My band from there is HEAVY and well made.

In regard to quality - I would make sure that what you''re getting is solid - some places do basically hollow out the bands, but yes, you''ll find that many B&Ms mark up men''s bands horribly.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Quick couple answers-- no, a round band is not a round band, unfortunately. Think about this- in reality they can be an infinite number of shapes (and are). I wish a round band was a round band. Tiffany Lucida bands and ewedding ring bands are not the same shapes. Even eweddingbands sells different shaped domed bands in the same metal (i.e heavy, light, intermediate, comfort fit, not comfort fit).

As to metal quality- pay attention to the alloy. eweddingbands, for instance, uses ruthenium for an alloy with palladium. The allow matters too. If the place you're buying it from can't tell you the alloy, I wouldn't buy it.

34.gif

glick

Rough_Rock
I contacted E-Weddingbands.com and they said it is 9.1g.
That is the heaviest so far, so the price/gram is a good deal compared to others.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to add that I have purchased from e-weddingbands in the past and have been very happy with their quality and customer service. They even refunded my shipping when I made a return!

glick

Rough_Rock
Any more opinions?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 4:05:29 PM
Author: glick
Any more opinions?
My opinion is that you have all the opinions you need to make an informed decision!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results