shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Wedding Band help - Scott Kay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris401

Rough_Rock
Hello all - long time lurker, first time poster. I hope this was the right forum for my first post!

I have recently found a men''s wedding band that both of us like when we were at the mall the other day browsing. It is a Scott Kay with 6 mm flat band with satin finish in the center and milgrain finish in the grooves -- I think it is style # C0368P6. I found it on the website afterwards and have (tried) to attach a picture to this post.

We both like this, but the problem is that at $2400 retail for platinum, it is about double what we can afford for his ring. I checked out Blue Nile hoping they would have a similar alternative at a cheaper price, but no luck. Do any of y''all have some suggestions where we could find this style of ring for less but still have a great quality ring? Other ones that we saw (at Kay jewelers or something) just did not look right or quite like this one.

For what its worth, we ruled out white gold because he has a nickel allergy, yellow gold because he doesn''t like the color, and titanium because he didn''t like any titanium ones that we saw.

Thank you all for your help!

1.gif

C0368P6_QR_l.jpg

GregFarz

Rough_Rock
I''m shopping for a ring right now and pretty much ruled out platinum, you''ll never find that ring for $1200 sorry the price of platinum is about $1200/oz right now.

dfm00

Rough_Rock
A little cheaper, though not at your budget. I ordered a platinum men's band from Barsky and it was beautiful:

http://www.barskydiamonds.com/product_detail.php?cid=194&product_id=1513

Precious metals are very expensive right now, and men's bands tend to have lots of metal, making them pricey. You might conisder looking for palladium, which has some of the characteristics of platinum at much lower cost.

Dave

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Also I just looked at the pic you posted again- is the center brushed or satin finish?

If so you should call Leigh @ antique engagement rings and ask him if he might be able to make the center portion of one of the 2 styles I rings I posted the brushed or satin finish- I would think he would be able to do so relatively easily.

chris401

Rough_Rock
Cool -- thank you for the advice and suggestions -- all very helpful! Maybe we will have to readjust the budget or opt for palladium. Our major concern is that he has a nickel allergy; how is palladium in that regard?

The antiquejewelery website looks promising! I think that the Scott Kay desing was a satin finish on the center band, but i must confess that I don''t really know the difference between "satin" and "brushed." I like it when the finish is subtle.

Does anyone know if a satin or brushed finish wears off pretty quickly? If so, does it get shiny?

Thanks again!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Even if the brushing or satin finish were to wear off of a platinum ring (which I would think would take MANY many years of wear and tear) it won''t be shiny, as platinum develops a patina that white gold and silver do not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results