shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Sunglass Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
DH really needs a new pair of prescription sunglasses. The problem is that I''m not really sure whats "in" as far as guys sunglasses go. He''s a bigger guy and has some rectangular metal prescription glasses. But anytime he tries on a similar style with the sunglass lenses, I feel like he looks ridiculous and outdated! I don''t think he''s ever had oakleys or anything sporty looking like that... do they even make those in prescription sunglasses?

So what''s in? What shape do you men have?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Aviators?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sporty looks good on a bigger guy, Nike has a great line and they do custom RX to fit in their wrap around styles. Aviators are in and out of fashion depending where you live. Rectangular metal is always appropriate. Take a look around at what the guys in your area are wearing. And, before you spend big bucks on RX sunglasses, head to Target and try a bunch on in their cheap displays. You''ll both get a sense of what looks good on him. Also, the opticians are a great help in choosing what will work as he may be limited due to his RX.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Most guys/men I know are wearing Maui Jims or Costas. They are expensive but very high quality.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Maui Jims, all the way. My guy loves his.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mini thread jack... sorry!
Ladypirate, I totally thought of you today. If you are on facebook, go to the bottom and change the language from English to English (Pirate). It has been cracking me up allllll day!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OMG, OUPearGirl--that made me laugh so hard! I am definitely keeping it!

Thanks!
1.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my guy is like 6''5" and around 245ish. He used to wear these really ugly Nike sunglasses all the time until I made him buy some frames more appropriate for everyday wearing. He wears the Nike''s for running and he has some Rayban Wayfarers, the Kaimana Maui Jim''s, and some aviators which I think are also Rayban.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hubby just got new prescription sunglasses. Tried various aviators, with different amounts of wrap-around, and most styles hit his brow, or cheeks, or looked silly. Finally found a pair that wrapped just the right amount and looked just right on him. They were a bit more sqared off at the bottom than aviators (which are always great). Sunglasses should be large enough to prevent light coming in from the top. I tried cute fashion ones a few years ago, and never-again. Sunglasses are about blocking the sun.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I appreciate everyone''s responses. I checked out some of the designers and styles and found a bunch I really like for DH! The Maui Jims and Costas look really stylish. Hubby doesn''t want to spend so much on sunglasse,s but if I can''t talk him into them sooner I think I''ll get him some for Christmas since I know he''ll get A LOT of wear out of them. Thanks again guys!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
The ones SO has are the Maui Jim Hawaii (I''m attaching a picture below). He''s a pretty big guy (6''7" and around 245 lbs) and these look great on him. Maybe go to a sunglasses store and just try on a bunch of different styles to see what your DH likes?

21FhrPlEB1L._AA280_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results