shape
carat
color
clarity

Men's gold ring with "M|10K" inscribed on the inner band

Harvey 2377

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I was recently given my deceased father's retirement gold ring and was curious as to the inscription "M|10K" inscribed on the inner band. All Google searches have turned up nothing regarding this. I assume this may be part of the Maker's Mark (M) along with the purity (10K). I'm trying to detemine if this is a plated gold or a solid gold ring which will determine how often I will wear it. The ring is not attracted to a magnet and is about as heavy as a man's class ring. Short of trying to get this item analyzed by an X-ray spectrometer of some sort, I was hoping to get some advice. Any information or opinion would be gratly appreciated.

Thank you!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
M could be the size, in the UK sizes are letters.

Harvey 2377

Rough_Rock
Thanks, that could be helpful. I know the ring size is a 10 (US).

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
No expert here but since the "M" is separated from the 10K, I don't think it would mean it's gold plated. My best guess is that you're right about the "M" being a maker's mark.

I found this, if it's any help:

Last edited:

Harvey 2377

Rough_Rock
I appreciate all of the feedback. My original concern was whether the ring was solid gold or gold plated. I have found that most items that are plated or filled has GP or P (for plated) or GF or RGF (gold filled) following the purity marking.

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results