shape
carat
color
clarity

Men wearing diamond rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
"yssie ... oooohdiamonds post isn''t necessarily anti gay or un-accepting. There are many people who associate diamonds as being for women. A lot of people think along these lines and is not stemmed in any hatred or bias towards certain people. Perhaps I''m missing something and ooohahhh can speak for himself/herself but I didn''t read the post that way personally."

36.gif
I agree!

And Rhino--that ring is fabulous!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cool ring Jon! I like both colored stone rings and diamonds on men. I saw a barista wearing a diamond solitare and eternity ring on his wedding ring finger and I say, if you want it, Rock it!

cheers--Sharon

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep-men can (and should
31.gif
) certainly wear diamonds and with panache! Love your ring Jon.

To the OP-Welcome to PS!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
My hubby has a beautiful 5 stone diamond wedding band and gets lots of compliments on it. His diamonds range from about .20-.30, the largest one in the center. When we got engaged, I told him he could have ''a'' diamond in his ring if he wanted, but LOL I didn''t realize he''d choose a ring with 5 diamonds!
2.gif
Looks great on him though and he loves it.

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
I love shopping for diamonds............but for my wife and daughter. They are not for me.
Too each his own.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/19/2010 9:21:08 PM
Author: Sizzle
I got the impression from the OP that the diamonds were set ''as a womans ring''.. not in a ''masculine'' setting. I cannot begin to imagine my husband in a tifany style solitaire.

I got the same impression. Perhaps the rings belonged to the man''s wife and perhaps she has passed... He might be wearing them in remembrance of her and might not have wanted to alter them because they were hers, in which case, he might consider them sacred.

My wedding ring given to me by my late wife Robin contained a 2.25 carat, I color, SI-2, round brilliant, set in a masculine box style setting with rounded corners with a halo of two pointers running the perimeter of the diamond. I don''t think the ring was gaudy or ostentatious, but hey, I''m in the trade...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/19/2010 11:02:25 PM
Author: Rhino
http://www.vimeo.com/9432287
3.gif
9.gif
10.gif
Rhino,

Nice ring buddy.

I have to join in as one of the men who wear not only diamonds but colored stone rings.

I have my seven diamond multi colored diamond ring that I wear. I have my treated blue cut diamond that is my matching wedding ring to my wife''s lovely diamond ring. Both her ring and mine are made in 22ct gold, a rich warm colored gold. Once a year or so I have them re rounded and re sandblasted as the rings are quite maleable. The diamonds are set into bezels.

I have a beautiful ring with the first concave blue sapphire that Richard Homer ever cut, stunning ring. I have a funky semi kite looking brown diamond ring from before the discovery of the Kimberly mine, back when they were a little more rare and pricey. I have a couple of different garnet rings, one with a large rhodolite garnet.

I also have a large carved rutilated quartz pendant that I wear in lieu of a tie.

Bling Rules!

Wink

P.S. I will let John Pollard tell you about his stunning diamond ring, if he was not such a good friend whom I see so often I would make one for me...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 3:38:04 PM
Author: Wink

3.gif
9.gif
10.gif
Rhino,

Nice ring buddy.

I have to join in as one of the men who wear not only diamonds but colored stone rings.

I have my seven diamond multi colored diamond ring that I wear. I have my treated blue cut diamond that is my matching wedding ring to my wife''s lovely diamond ring. Both her ring and mine are made in 22ct gold, a rich warm colored gold. Once a year or so I have them re rounded and re sandblasted as the rings are quite maleable. The diamonds are set into bezels.

I have a beautiful ring with the first concave blue sapphire that Richard Homer ever cut, stunning ring. I have a funky semi kite looking brown diamond ring from before the discovery of the Kimberly mine, back when they were a little more rare and pricey. I have a couple of different garnet rings, one with a large rhodolite garnet.

I also have a large carved rutilated quartz pendant that I wear in lieu of a tie.

Bling Rules!

Wink

P.S. I will let John Pollard tell you about his stunning diamond ring, if he was not such a good friend whom I see so often I would make one for me...
Wink, its a beauty isn''t it????
30.gif
I couldn''t believe the clarity grade....

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
Women are more accepting of men wearing diamonds than a lot of men are. Some guys won''t even wear plain bands because they somehow have a misplaced homophobic distaste for jewellery on men.
My client for this wedding set has larger diamonds than his fiancee. (Princess, go figure!!)
As you can see, he''s a size 13, so I suppose he may not have to suffer any abuse from the other boys in the plaground. Rightfully so.

Tasteful jewellery for men, including diamond pieces, can complete an appearance package that begins with well-tailored clothing and practical grooming. A guy shouldn''t have to win the Stanley Cup in order to wear a piece of jewellery.

Keiffer-small.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 5:49:30 PM
Author: TheDoctor
Some guys won''t even wear plain bands because they somehow have a misplaced homophobic distaste for jewellery on men.
Homophobia is still a very very powerful force.
I think it will take a few generations for equality to really evaporate.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 6:44:16 PM
Author: kenny

Some guys won''t even wear plain bands because they somehow have a misplaced homophobic distaste for jewellery on men.
Well until that time comes, I will volunteer to house the fabulous bling that some men feel "masculine men" wouldn''t wear!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wish I could wear a ring but I absolutely cant stand anything on my fingers.
It drives me bonkers.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been bonkers for years.

You get used to it.
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I''m an idiot.
15.gif

I meant for inequality to evaporate.

Hughrock

Shiny_Rock

I think more dudes would wear rings with diamonds & colored stones if the industry would take notice of the fact that there is indeed a market out there to capitalize on.Jewelry makers 9 times out of 10 cater to women shoppers.Guys have come a long way in their thinking in terms of what is acceptable or feel comfortable.

Many younger men(18-30''s) use to think having one ear pierced was the cool thing to do(I did also in my 20''s) but now those same guys have both ears pierced because the trend has made it seem ok. The problem really rest with the fact that most rings made for men are poorly designed and if the truth be told most guys like to wear things that look masculine,something that is personality identified.

What is old becomes new again! Diamond and colored stone rings have been worn by men dating back to the 1500''s. It was considered a sign of wealth and nobility back then.Probably the same is true today and explain in part why so many sport athletes and entertainers wear them.Personally speaking,I think a heavy ring looks great with a heavy watch that is made of similar metal.As far as some people thinking this or that is gay,I wouldn''t waste time on it.There are old school guys that think cooking for your wife is a sign of weakness not to mention what other out dated notions they may believe.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think you are right Hughrock, most of the designs for gents rings look like something out of the 60''s car salesman era...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Real men wear bear-opener rings.
9.gif

0090.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 9:38:32 PM
Author: Todd Gray
I think you are right Hughrock, most of the designs for gents rings look like something out of the 60''s car salesman era...

Then there are the pimp rings giving men''s rings a bad name.
14.gif

gents000007hm.jpg

Hughrock

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 10:07:52 PM

Date: 2/21/2010 9:38:32 PM

Then there are the pimp rings giving men''s rings a bad name.
14.gif
I''m not sure a non self respecting pimp would wear one of those.Really bad
38.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Women are more accepting of men wearing diamonds than a lot of men are. Some guys won''t even wear plain bands because they somehow have a misplaced homophobic distaste for jewellery on men.
My client for this wedding set has larger diamonds than his fiancee. (Princess, go figure!!)
As you can see, he''s a size 13, so I suppose he may not have to suffer any abuse from the other boys in the plaground. Rightfully so.

Tasteful jewellery for men, including diamond pieces, can complete an appearance package that begins with well-tailored clothing and practical grooming. A guy shouldn''t have to win the Stanley Cup in order to wear a piece of jewellery.
I love the man''s ring you have there! I wish my FI would wear one with diamonds! I love the look!

Rhino- Your ring is awesome!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 1:10:12 AM
Author: Imdanny

Date: 2/19/2010 10:24:33 AM
Author: IceExplorer
I''ve tried to wear watches but they do not keep time on my wrist. Apparently it has something to do with magnetism of the body.

Has anyone heard of this?

Yes. My mother says the same thing happens to her.
Likewise, I can''t wear watches. Sometimes the older style wind up ones will work on me, but they''re the only ones. Digitals and quartz ones never did- I kept thinking I was getting a bum watch, returning them for new ones etc., til I finally wondered if it was me. And yep- they would keep time fine sitting on the shelf, but after a day on my wrist they''d slow down or speed up. Very annoying before cell phones!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
A man wearing diamonds?
You must be kidding!

Hey, seriously, why not?
And if a man loves diamonds, why should he choose a heavy bezel set diamond setting?
To show how strong and virile he is?
Ridiculous.
I love diamonds, I don''t love gold.
Gold is easy to scratch, too much gold hides my diamond, ...
Give me a thin 4 prongs setting everyday.

Same for perfumes.
I don''t mind if a perfume is marketed for women.
If I feel good with it, I use it.

Never forget that engagement rings, eternity rings and right hand rings are invented by De Beers, it''s not a ''holy'' tradition. :)

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Rhino, Kenny, and Joe - I love all of your rings and are a great representation of how a man can wear a diamond in a striking, masculine setting! They are just all yummy!

I might look twice if a man had a diamond in a very dainty, feminine setting, but then I probably wouldn''t care if they diamonds were nice! lol

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 9:06:02 PM
I wear a 1 1/2ct vintage faceted round (August Vintgae OEC) on my right ring finger and would/will happily go larger.
3.gif
Gay/straight has nothing to do with men enjoying diamonds. It''s one of my passions and I enjoy them as much as anyone else. More than often gentleman who especially research them love them and get them in rings too! These men also generally have a greater appreciation for what it is they buy and wear.
Congrats Jon! I am so happy that you had a ring made with one of your beauties!!! I was a little sad for you when the big L sold. I can''t wait to see it the next time I visit GOG.

Kasey AKA LP 2.36I & 2.16AV

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
I love all of your rings guys!

kenny I LOVE your new Octavia!

i wish my hubby would wear a diamond, but he HATES jewelry of any kind-its a wonder that we are even together as I am diamond obsessed. Oh well, more for me!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wish my husband would wear jewelery! He works in manufacturing so it is not safe to wear a ring and he wears his wedding band on the weekend but he always takes it off at night, says it makes him hot, the first time he said that I could not stop laughing! That little 7 mm wide band makes you sweat? Maybe I should take offense? LOL! We have beeen married for 26 years and he has always done that. By the way Doctor, that size 13 band is amazing! love the different textures of the metal, I would buy that for my husband in a heartbeat if I didn''t think he would leave it by the bed, the kitchen sink, the bathroom, the computer desk ect... because he got too warm.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/20/2010 11:46:22 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Cool ring Jon! I like both colored stone rings and diamonds on men. I saw a barista wearing a diamond solitare and eternity ring on his wedding ring finger and I say, if you want it, Rock it!

cheers--Sharon
Thanks Sharon!!! Hey ... yannno ... I woudln''t be opposed to a nice saphire, emeral or ruby perhaps in a beefier settng.
3.gif
I''ve been really enjoying the big flash of mine though. Thanks everyone for your kind words and compliments.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/21/2010 12:02:38 PM

Date: 2/19/2010 9:21:08 PM
Author: Sizzle
I got the impression from the OP that the diamonds were set ''as a womans ring''.. not in a ''masculine'' setting. I cannot begin to imagine my husband in a tifany style solitaire.

I got the same impression. Perhaps the rings belonged to the man''s wife and perhaps she has passed... He might be wearing them in remembrance of her and might not have wanted to alter them because they were hers, in which case, he might consider them sacred.

My wedding ring given to me by my late wife Robin contained a 2.25 carat, I color, SI-2, round brilliant, set in a masculine box style setting with rounded corners with a halo of two pointers running the perimeter of the diamond. I don''t think the ring was gaudy or ostentatious, but hey, I''m in the trade...
Dude get out. Post a pic of this honker man and stop holdin out.
10.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/21/2010 9:57:20 PM
Real men wear bear-opener rings.
9.gif
LOL!!! Too funny Ken.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/21/2010 3:38:04 PM
Author: Wink

3.gif
9.gif
10.gif
Rhino,

Nice ring buddy.

Bling Rules!

Wink

Thanks Wink! You too man!

Wink post some pix of your beauts! Let''s see the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results