shape
carat
color
clarity

Men Punching Women in NYC

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday as I was scrolling through tiktok, I kept seeing videos of women (some with black eyes, some with goose eggs on their heads) describing that they’d just been randomly punched in the face by a man.

Apparently an arrest has been made. When will this world wide violence against women epidemic end???

Please be careful out there and TEACH YOUR SONS TO REGULATE THEIR EMOTIONS AND NOT BE VIOLENT.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Disgusting.
After looking him up, that tracks.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disgusting.
After looking him up, that tracks.

It’s really shocking. I remember back in 2013 there was some punch out game happening there but they were kids targeting old people. This seems targeted at women walking alone who are on their phones or otherwise not going to see it coming. The first girl I saw had a knot on her forehead the size of a golf ball.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
disgusting and scary. What is wrong with people???

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s not limited to women. It happened to a big, powerful male friend. The police didn’t even bother to look for the perpetrator even though the incident was recorded. Arrests in nyc are meaningless due to our cashless bail laws. He will be released in afew hours. No consequences.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
It’s not limited to women. It happened to a big, powerful male friend. The police didn’t even bother to look for the perpetrator even though the incident was recorded. Arrests in nyc are meaningless due to our cashless bail laws. He will be released in afew hours. No consequences.

Don't those cashless bail laws apply to non-violent crimes mostly? I don't know NYC laws but I would assume these would not apply to an assault charge (?)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Don't those cashless bail laws apply to non-violent crimes mostly? I don't know NYC laws but I would assume these would not apply to an assault charge (?)

IL law was modeled after the NY one and first degree murder charge $0 bail and released.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's just crazy

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is bonkers and it seems like it comes around every couple of years. My moms best friends son lives in Wisconsin. Had a random guy come up behind him and punch him out from behind. He fell to the concrete and suffered brain damage. That person was arrested but seems to be mentally ill/unstable with a long, long, rap sheet. It was completely random and without reason. Such a nice guy who has faced so much struggle to be able to regain function and support himself.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know what, you’re absolutely right, it isn’t limited to women. I brought up this particular set of assaults because they were reported by women within quick succession two days ago as it was happening. But your post leads to a broader point: men are perpetrating the violent attacks.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Men are evil, and must be destroyed.
t.png

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, you can mock me and give me all the shit you want to, I couldn’t care less.

The fact of the matter is that there is a worldwide problem of violence towards women (and men, duh) and it’s statistically USUALLY perpetrated by men.

The fact that you have a problem with me pointing this out and drawing attention to it tells me you don’t really like women. And that’s fine. Maybe just tell other men to cut out the violence. That’s really all we ask—that you hold each other accountable.

Putting you back on ignore because I refuse to waste any more time on your childish little digs.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... The fact that you have a problem with me pointing this out and drawing attention to it tells me you don’t really like women. ...
"Fact"? ... :rolleyes: BS!
I'm not the one with a problem.
... and it's dishonest to suggest "I don't like women".
More BS!
I like good people, regardless of gender.

But I don't like anyone who posts the broad-brush hatred anti-men bigotry that you post.

By all means, bash bad behavior.
But please stop screaming that it is a only, from MEN!

ALL groupism is evil!
Working to persuade others to join your crusade of group-hatered is even worse.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is unreal isn't it? That crime goes un prosecuted. And those same criminals go on to repeat even more serious offenses. What are the politicians thinking? They are (have) destroying (destroyed) the city. Period. Unless something changes there is no hope for NYC and other cities just like it. IMO. Something needs to change. And that something is to start prosecuting all crimes and all criminals. All evidence provides that those who commit "petty" crimes (fare beaters, pickpockets, purse snatchers, vandalism, assault!!! etc. ) go on to commit more serious ones. FACT

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
"Fact"? ... :rolleyes: BS!
I'm not the one with a problem.
... and it's dishonest to suggest "I don't like women".
More BS!
I like good people, regardless of gender.

But I don't like anyone who posts the broad-brush hatred anti-men bigotry that you post.

By all means, bash bad behavior.
But please stop screaming that it is a only, from MEN!

ALL groupism is evil!
Working to persuade others to join your crusade of group-hatered is even worse.

Kenny, what am I missing here? I saw no bashing of men in prior comments. Pointing out that statistically violence towards women is in fact committed by men is just plain facts. It’s been that way since the dawn of time and will remain that way.

Nobody put all men into any negative categories that I saw. We all know that not all men are violent, we all know that there are great men in this world but the reality for women is that we have to stay vigilant on this issue.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
It is unreal isn't it? That crime goes un prosecuted. And those same criminals go on to repeat even more serious offenses. What are the politicians thinking? They are (have) destroying (destroyed) the city. Period. Unless something changes there is no hope for NYC and other cities just like it. IMO. Something needs to change. And that something is to start prosecuting all crimes and all criminals. All evidence provides that those who commit "petty" crimes (fare beaters, pickpockets, purse snatchers, vandalism, assault!!! etc. ) go on to commit more serious ones. FACT

Unfortunately it is a complex problem, @missy. I understand what the intent of the no bail law is: not having poor people, that can not make bail sitting in overcrowded jails waiting for a trial that may be months away, all before they have even been proven to be guilty. Meanwhile wealthier people getting out right away because they can afford it. However, I believe the fault lies, not so much with the law itself, but with the judge that lets someone accused of say, murder, out under the law. And in theory, prosecuting everyone, would mean MUCH higher taxes to house them all, employ a lot more officers, jail employees, court employees, etc. I don’t see that going over well. And that doesn’t even touch the issues behind why some people resort to a life of crime rather than working, etc. But a segment of society keeps believing that if we cut taxes for corporations and the mega rich, somehow that will trickle down to the lowest of society, when instead it goes into their pockets, while their employees apply for taxpayer funded assistance to stay afloat. In other words shifting the tax burden to the working middle class. Like I said, it is complicated.

Maybe if there was NO bail option for anyone, and the Jeffrey Epsteins of the world stayed in prison the whole time they awaited their next trial it would be solved faster.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately it is a complex problem, @missy. I understand what the intent of the no bail law is: not having poor people, that can not make bail sitting in overcrowded jails waiting for a trial that may be months away, all before they have even been proven to be guilty. Meanwhile wealthier people getting out right away because they can afford it. However, I believe the fault lies, not so much with the law itself, but with the judge that lets someone accused of say, murder, out under the law. And in theory, prosecuting everyone, would mean MUCH higher taxes to house them all, employ a lot more officers, jail employees, court employees, etc. I don’t see that going over well. And that doesn’t even touch the issues behind why some people resort to a life of crime rather than working, etc. But a segment of society keeps believing that if we cut taxes for corporations and the mega rich, somehow that will trickle down to the lowest of society, when instead it goes into their pockets, while their employees apply for taxpayer funded assistance to stay afloat. In other words shifting the tax burden to the working middle class. Like I said, it is complicated.

Maybe if there was NO bail for anyone, and the Jeffrey Epsteins of the world stayed in prison the whole time they awaited their next trial it would be solved faster.

The result of not prosecuting criminals is deleterious to all law abiding citizens. I understand the reasoning behind it too. However it’s not working well, is it? Crime needs to be prosecuted. They’re not just letting them out on bail. They’re not prosecuting crimes. That is unacceptable. And innocent people are paying a very steep price. Not. Ok.

And by the way. It’s not just the murderers who go on to murder again (shocker). It’s the fare beaters etc who go on to commit more serious offenses. There are laws for a reason. Abide by them or pay the price. The one big role of government as I see it is to protect the people. They’re failing miserably

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
The result of not prosecuting criminals is deleterious to all law abiding citizens. I understand the reasoning behind it too. However it’s not working well, is it? Crime needs to be prosecuted. They’re not just letting them out on bail. They’re not prosecuting crimes. That is unacceptable. And innocent people are paying a very steep price. Not. Ok.

And by the way. It’s not just the murderers who go on to murder again (shocker). It’s the fare beaters etc who go on to commit more serious offenses. There are laws for a reason. Abide by them or pay the price. The one big role of government as I see it is to protect the people. They’re failing miserably

I agree with you, but why are they not prosecuting? That is a question for your local prosecutors office. That would mean the public would have to hold their feet to the fire. And I would guess the first thing out of their mouth would be that they don’t have the resources to spend prosecuting the petty criminal when they have murderers to find and prosecute. Anecdotally, in my city recently, an off-duty police officer on his personal motorcycle, going over 100 mph in a 45 mph zone, was struck by the car of a city counsel member turning left while he was using his cell phone. Neither was charged with anything. So yeah, corruption comes into play as well.

Again, I completely sympathize with you, I just don’t think it is an easy fix.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with you, but why are they not prosecuting? That is a question for your local prosecutors office. That would mean the public would have to hold their feet to the fire. And I would guess the first thing out of their mouth would be that they don’t have the resources to spend prosecuting the petty criminal when they have murderers to find and prosecute. Anecdotally, in my city recently, an off-duty police officer on his personal motorcycle, going over 100 mph in a 45 mph zone, was struck by the car of a city counsel member turning left while he was using his cell phone. Neither was charged with anything. So yeah, corruption comes into play as well.

Again, I completely sympathize with you, I just don’t think it is an easy fix.

They’re not prosecuting because they’re “woke”
The “woke” need to wake the eff up

In my opinion

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
disgusting and scary. What is wrong with people???

Mayor Eric Adams and DA Bragg have abdicated ALL Responsibility for safety in the streets, Hundreds of men who committed various assaults have been let out with no cash bail, free to reoffend.

One notorious case was the arrest of a man who brutally assaulted his wife. He was picked up, but ror'd and went back and killed her.

I used to have a great apartment in NYC and went pretty well where I wanted, but now you couldn't pay me to go there.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Aren't those that post bail free to reoffend as well?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayor Eric Adams and DA Bragg have abdicated ALL Responsibility for safety in the streets, Hundreds of men who committed various assaults have been let out with no cash bail, free to reoffend.

One notorious case was the arrest of a man who brutally assaulted his wife. He was picked up, but ror'd and went back and killed her.

I used to have a great apartment in NYC and went pretty well where I wanted, but now you couldn't pay me to go there.

Exactly. They have ruined the city as many politicians are doing all over. Without consequences there is no incentive for these criminals to behave.

Aren't those that post bail free to reoffend as well?

What’s your point? They are not prosecuting crime. They’re not even being arrested. That’s not ok.

Rest assured this will eventually affect all law abiding citizens. If you think you’re (general you not specific you) immune you’re wrong. This will have consequences for everyone.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s very sad.
New York has always been a City I’ve dreamed of visiting.
I follow a guy who posts on You Tube about the current problems in NYC - mainly the bus loads of migrants that the Mayor welcomed, the huge increase in crime (shoplifting / handbag snatching) and lack of police attention (apparently theft under $1,000 they don’t care), the insane cost of living and multiple shop closures including a brand new Mall.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s very sad.
I follow a guy who posts on You Tube about the current problems in NYC - mainly the bus loads of migrants that the Mayor welcomed, the huge increase in crime (shoplifting / handbag snatching) and lack of police attention (apparently theft under $1,000 they don’t care), the insane cost of living and multiple shop closures including a brand new Mall.

If you lived here and worked here you might have a different take. I'm no fan of Adams but his administration is loudly and vocaling calling for help with the migrants. It's currently (and has been since 1989 under Koch) a sanctuary city by law. It would be against the law to turn people away here. I see this as an opportunity to have a policy overhaul on what to do with migrants when they cross. That's wishful thinking but I do hope something positive will come from it. As it is I work in Brooklyn in public schools, I welcome any child and family that comes into my school and have had no issues beyond my own normal on a daily basis. The normal issues are the regular trouble makers in the neighborhood. Nothing new. I had a work meeting in Manhattan on the eclipse day. I easily take transit and walk from midtown to flat iron and back with no issues. I regularly take the subway around Manhattan and Brooklyn, very rarely do I feel uncomfortable. It's like any big city, know where you're going, plan ahead, be aware, and have a good time. If you ever travel this way there are plenty of NYC PSers to meet up with!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Exactly. They have ruined the city as many politicians are doing all over. Without consequences there is no incentive for these criminals to behave.

What’s your point? They are not prosecuting crime. They’re not even being arrested. That’s not ok.

Rest assured this will eventually affect all law abiding citizens. If you think you’re (general you not specific you) immune you’re wrong. This will have consequences for everyone.

My point was only to contradict the spurious correlation between bail reform and crime, because it keeps being thrown up as if it was the cause.

As a side note, DH and I visited Manhattan in March and had a great time. There was significant police presence and we felt very safe (of course we used common sense to aid in our safety, but we would do that in any big city.)

Police departments everywhere are all forced to function as best they can with the funds they have to work with. Full stop.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My point was only to contradict the spurious correlation between bail reform and crime, because it keeps being thrown up as if it was the cause.

As a side note, DH and I visited Manhattan in March and had a great time. There was significant police presence and we felt very safe (of course we used common sense to aid in our safety, but we would do that in any big city.)

Police departments everywhere are all forced to function as best they can with the funds they have to work with. Full stop.

Very different than living there. These extreme liberal policies will hurt everyone eventually. Except the criminals.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you watch certain news you’d believe that NYC is some sort of Wild West anarchy. Bull
The city is much safer than it was in the ‘80’s. It’s not even close.
I never fear walking through the city. My band plays in Harlem frequently. Wonderful neighborhood.
I’m not defending the politicians or bail laws. I’m defending my city. It’s not what it was but still a wonderful place.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s very sad.
I get it. It’s not that difficult to make anyplace look bad. Who would watch YouTube’s talking about how good things are….disaster, crime, problems get clicks. It’s sad
I hope you come to visit the Big Apple!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results