shape
carat
color
clarity

Memorial Day weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
What are your plans for the Memorial Day long weekend? Anyone expecting/hoping for a proposal?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely not expecting a proposal, but I am expecting some fabulous food! We''re grilling out, and I am totally looking forward to burgers, beers, and corn on the cob.

Also, our pool opens. I am wicked psyched about that.
10.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Not me.

The BF and I are working on some major kitchen renovations, so I''ll be tearing out cabinets, drywalling, and painting that weekend.

Sounds fun, doesn''t it?
9.gif

Bdiddy26

Rough_Rock
I''m always hoping but I doubt it will happen that weekend bf''s birthday is the 23rd and we are having a party at the lake!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 4:46:49 PM
Author: misskitty
Definitely not expecting a proposal, but I am expecting some fabulous food! We''re grilling out, and I am totally looking forward to burgers, beers, and corn on the cob.

10.gif
Misskitty - where do you live? Are you in the New England area?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 4:47:16 PM
Author: CurlySue
Not me.

The BF and I are working on some major kitchen renovations, so I''ll be tearing out cabinets, drywalling, and painting that weekend.

Sounds fun, doesn''t it?
9.gif
that does to me! work out any anger issues
9.gif

We''ll probably be camping, but if it was my idea it would be proposal, sleeping, short workouts, hottub, and more sleeping (the hog the bed and the covers kind!)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i was going to say i''d be working all weekend but then i remembered it''s not the last weekend of may this year
37.gif

i''ll be visiting minnesota for the first time for a friend''s wedding and i''ll get to see my BF. i seriously doubt i''ll be getting anything shiny, but i just might get to see him in his dress blues again
30.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Headed up to the lake with most of my dad''s side of the family. I usually go to the family lake house a bunch in the summer but I''m moving to texas in a few weeks so this will be my only trip up this summer. Better make the most of it, too bad the water will be WAY too cold to swim. Definitely no proposal - not only is that quite a few months off but he''ll be at home with his family that weekend.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 4:47:16 PM
Author: CurlySue
Not me.

Sounds fun, doesn''t it?
9.gif
Ditto that! So are we....so we will be taking advantage of the extra time away from work. No fun for us
2.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 5:32:09 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21

10.gif

St. Louis, just moved here in January. I still say "wicked" pretty often, though, so I can see how it might sound like I''m in NE!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 11:51:58 AM

Date: 5/13/2009 5:32:09 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21

Definitely not expecting a proposal, but I am expecting some fabulous food! We're grilling out, and I am totally looking forward to burgers, beers, and corn on the cob.

10.gif

St. Louis, just moved here in January. I still say 'wicked' pretty often, though, so I can see how it might sound like I'm in NE!
Haha I thought the same thing!
9.gif
My friend is from Mass and she uses "wicked" ALLLLLLLLLL the time! lol Definitely a NE thing!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I''m a Midwestern girl, but my parents are from NE and I spent all of my summers in Mass from age 6 - 22. Picked up "wicked" a long time ago, and it''s even funnier when I use it in the same sentence as "y''all."
3.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 12:01:27 PM
Yeah, I''m a Midwestern girl, but my parents are from NE and I spent all of my summers in Mass from age 6 - 22. Picked up ''wicked'' a long time ago, and it''s even funnier when I use it in the same sentence as ''y''all.''
3.gif

Ahhh okay - that explains it! I was very surprised when I saw that someone was wicked psyched for something!! Now, if you had said your pool was opening and that was wicked pissa (or pissah - I don''t think there is a correct spelling) - I probably would have bet you were sitting somewhere in Southie
2.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 11:51:58 AM

St. Louis, just moved here in January. I still say ''wicked'' pretty often, though, so I can see how it might sound like I''m in NE!
I lived in the Lou for about four years... I miss Forest Park.

Anyone ask you what high school you went to yet?
2.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
OMG CurlySue, that happens on a daily basis. And people give me funny looks when I tell them that I didn''t go to high school here, like there aren''t schools outside of this city.

I''m totally falling in love with Forest Park, by the way. Wonder how much money I''d need to move into one of those ginormous houses on Lindell?
3.gif

Back on the Memorial Day topic (and also kind of a NE question, now that I think about it): any idea what kind of snacks you''d serve at a clambake/BBQ? We might be skipping the burgers and hitting up the seafood market, and I''m trying to come up with ideas for snackies. Crabcakes are a given!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 12:30:55 PM
OMG CurlySue, that happens on a daily basis. And people give me funny looks when I tell them that I didn''t go to high school here, like there aren''t schools outside of this city.

I''m totally falling in love with Forest Park, by the way. Wonder how much money I''d need to move into one of those ginormous houses on Lindell?
3.gif

Back on the Memorial Day topic (and also kind of a NE question, now that I think about it): any idea what kind of snacks you''d serve at a clambake/BBQ? We might be skipping the burgers and hitting up the seafood market, and I''m trying to come up with ideas for snackies. Crabcakes are a given!
Bacon wrapped scallops, shrip cocktail, quahogs, super thick clam chowder, corn on the cob and potato in any form all come to my mind immediately.

Also, I like to make fish nuggets!

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
Bacon wrapped scallops, shrip cocktail, quahogs, super thick clam chowder, corn on the cob and potato in any form all come to my mind immediately.

Also, I like to make fish nuggets!
OMG! All that sounds sooo delicious! I''m hungry now!
18.gif

Looks like no one is expecting a proposal, so I''m gonna raise my hand. I am expecting a proposal, we are going on a 10-day trip to the British Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, starting 1 week from now! I know he wants to do it at BVI, so it could happen anytime between May 22nd to the 27th.

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
i am a massachusetts girl too and say wicked all the time! i never noticed it until i went to college where all my friends (who aren''t from massachusetts) made fun of me for saying it all the time. i am so loyal to new england though i told them to bug off :D

my birthday falls on memorial day weekend and FF told me back in september that an engagement would be in the works by my birthday. since i may be going to boston with some friends, i''m hoping it''ll happen before then :D

whatever happens though, i hope we get beautiful weather! today was just awful and i had to drive four hours through heavy rain and bad drivers
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results