shape
carat
color
clarity

meet my new manolo....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Bit by bit bee and you'll get there in the end!!!
9.gif
What look are you going for with the décor? I bet it's beautiful and I think you should start your own thread (hint hint
31.gif
)!

I think the celebrations are all mostly over here
7.gif
Now we're just getting interrogated by people who want to know why we don't have the hotel, photographer, and professional petal flinging jester booked yet - don't we know these things book out five years in advance???
20.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah, I''m not too good on the bit by bit thing
11.gif
I wish that it was all finished. The decor in the house was very "granny" before hand-floral wall paper, floral couches, floral carpets etc. The living room now has oak wood floors and cream walls so it looks so much better. When we have the house done I''ll definitely do a thread, although I''ll try and get D to send me the photos that he has of the living room before it was done and I''ll post them here.

So...have you been to "the castle" yet
9.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Patience not a virtue in your house then?
2.gif
I know the feeling. I get itchy when things aren't 'just so'. Still doesn't get me off my you-know-what to go and tidy up though!
3.gif

Your living room sounds lovely. I really like the look of natural floors (wood or tile) and neutral walls, with soft furnishings and accessories used for colour. And I'm a snob - I love real artwork in a house, not stuff bought from Woodies or whatever. Not that I can afford real art! Yet
9.gif

I can't wait to see your photos and when you're ready to start a thread
36.gif
BTW that chair that Manolo is clambering all over, do you mind if I ask where did you get it? It looks soooo familiar but I can't place it! It looks really comfy and such a warm colour...

No trips to 'the castle' as we know for sure we'll never get a date any time soon. We were thinking about next Winter / early Spring 09, so we think a stately home might be a better bet. No serious planning done as yet though. I feel like I've an axe hanging over my head with this PhD and I can't enjoy anything until that's done. I'm afraid if we start planning properly that I'll get distracted and stop working on the thesis...

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh bee-star, he is GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
I adore that photo of him sleeping--don''t they always look so angelic when they''re sleeping? Hah, and then they wake up...
27.gif
3.gif

He really is so beautiful. What a lovely addition to your family!!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love real artwork too Delster. There''s an art shop on Exchequer Street and they have the most beautiful paintings for sale but unfortunately they''re $$$$$. Oh well, once I qualify
1.gif
The chair is from Ikea. We''ve taken two trips up to Belfast and bought some items-it''s crazy in that store! Ooh a stately home would be amazing. You should call up to Cabra Castle and see are there any cancellations.

Gwen-thank you! He is a lovely addition to our family! A crazy one but a lovely one all the same
3.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I know that art shop bee, I''ve ogled its windows many a time! They used to have this painting in there by Marley Irish, it was of the Shelbourne Bar, oh I loved it so much! Such rich colours and so vibrant!
30.gif

I actually have an Ikea catalogue although I haven''t been up to the store yet. That must be where I recognised the chair from! I love browsing that catalogue
9.gif

We haven''t rung anywhere yet about availability. I know the Winter months are supposed to be quieter but just I had a quick browse on weddingsonline and got really frightened seeing how far out all the Nov/Dec 09 brides had booked their venues/photographers/bands etc. There were people saying they couldn''t get their choice of photographer LAST JANUARY. That''s Jan 07 inquiring for a Dec 09 wedding and the photog was booked out???
23.gif

So I rapidly put my head back in the sand
3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have a beautiful painting of a cow in that shop when I was in town last weekend and D and I went to inquire how much it was-it was over €10k
6.gif
We''ll have to leave that one for a while
3.gif

weddingsonline scare me-did you see the 2010 brides-they have more planned than I have!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm, I wonder is it still there? I''ll be in the Big Smoke tomorrow so I might have to go round and suss it out!

FI saw these paintings by a Cuban artist recently (I can''t remember the name) and he fell in LOVE. This guy takes pieces off of the crumbling buildings in Havana and then paints them onto canvas. The effect is very dramatic but it''s quite dark and foreboding almost. Not so much my taste (I like drama and bright colours!) but FI was scheming around for that a ''spare'' €6k to buy one of them
3.gif
As if!
9.gif

That''s a relief that the weddingsonline bunch might just be a bit over-prepared then! Although, if they''re going round booking everything up so far in advance...
32.gif
Ach. It is what it is. I am not starting serious planning until this thesis is done. What will be, will be.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d say it will be in the window tomorrow. It was there previously and then they took it away for a while before putting it back in the window. That sounds so cool about the Cuban artist-unfortunately I don''t have any €6k lying about.
When do you think that you''ll finish the thesis? Are you nearing the end? They are definitely a planning bunch on WOL.

Enjoy Dubin tomorrow!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
THAT IS IT! WOW-I didn''t think it was that price! I knew it was over €10000 but I didnt think it was that much over.

THat''s a pity about the thesis-I was the exact same when I got engaged last year. I was working really hard up until then and then I kind of fell by the wayside a bit afterwards. Best of luck today. Let me know how you get on.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
It''s such a dramatic painting! That cow has presence
9.gif

I just posted about the meeting over in the thesis thread. It was an odd one. I''m not sure what to make of it all
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results