shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet IndyLady''s New OEC!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
My OEC arrived last week, and is a graduation present from my parents. Its a little over half a carat at .55, SI1, and O-P in color. You can definitely see its warm color next to the G half carat marquise I purchase for my mom, but face up and its own it looks like a J or a K. I absolutely love it, and love the pastel colors that it picks up! I''m planning on setting it into a bezel set pendant, or as a simple martini or 4 prong but with a pave bail. Here it is!

IndyOECandMarquise.JPG

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
And on its own..

IndyOEC1.JPG

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beauty! I have one just about the same size that I had set in Whiteflash''s four corners pendant. Yours would be lovely in a martini too. Have fun!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
stunning!! just loving these antique cuts - esp. in the warmer hues

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I am thinking about getting one for a RHR - but as I have three new items coming... I best behave

31.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
beautiful :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely!!!

I would absolutely bezel that beauty
30.gif

lweber

Shiny_Rock
Really pretty - very warm color. A bezel would look great.

Congratulations on your graduation.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
It looks beautiful! I am definitely starting to admire these warmer tones in diamonds. Maybe I''ll get myself one...one of these days anyway :)

Can''t wait to see what you do with it!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it, and I love forward to close-up shots, pre-and-post bezel. I love to see the facet patterns on the OECs!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful warmth!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!
30.gif
I''d like to get an AVC from GOG in the exact same color...well...not very soon with the wedding expenses and all that
15.gif

I can''t wait to see how you''ll set it!!! Ah, so exciting!
36.gif

May i ask for a favor? Is it possible for you to take a picture of your diamond under a tree on a sunny day? Congrats again on an excellent purchase
36.gif

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! I love the warmer color on your stone!

And congratulations on your graduation. What a great gift!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Nice. Congrats.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! Thank you Tulip, Heliotrope, Maevie, Yssie, Lweber, Redhead, Amethyste, Circe, Lcom, Naty, Hey Jude, Chiquita, LNK, and Oddoneout!

Heliotrope, I love your name btw! And Chiquita. There are so many times that I wished I''d picked something more interesting for my own name. Maybe Indy-anna? A play on the state Indiana. I always wish I had chosen than over IndyLady, but it didn''t occur to me till months after I chose this name.

Yssie, do they make an 8 prong martini pendant?

Naty, I''d love to take a picture! It''ll have to be a palm tree, but it''s a tree nonetheless! If I recall correctly, you''re in Greece? A friend of mine is going there to study nutrition in a small Cretan village on a Fulbright. She''s recreating a survey to see how diets have changed in the last 50 years. Her family is Greek, so she''s going to be working under a great uncle of hers. Please excuse me if I was totally wrong, and you''re not in Greece!
PS. If you want an affordable old cut, check out the vendor I bought this from. He doesn''t have too many in stock now, but here''s a link.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
Hey IndyLady - I think your name is pretty cool

I chose Heliotrope mainly because I had a Swarovski 2009 special effect colour chart next to me on my desk the day I joined Pricescope and I loved the hue

25.gif

but since then I have discovered the name also refers to a flower (which maybe a weed??) a fairy, a mineral, some sort of rotating house and I also think a character in Shrek??

23.gif

thanks for sharing where you picked up this beauty - I check his listings often as I have seen a few good reviews about his items

looking forward to seeing it set - please do share pics

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Just lovely! Happy Graduation.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your graduation!!! What a beautiful present!!! I can''t wait to see what you end up doing with her!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your graduation. Beautiful stone! Can''t wait to see what setting you actually decide on.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful, it is going to make a lovely pendant.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2010 2:34:21 PM
Author: IndyLady
Thank you all! Thank you Tulip, Heliotrope, Maevie, Yssie, Lweber, Redhead, Amethyste, Circe, Lcom, Naty, Hey Jude, Chiquita, LNK, and Oddoneout!

Heliotrope, I love your name btw! And Chiquita. There are so many times that I wished I''d picked something more interesting for my own name. Maybe Indy-anna? A play on the state Indiana. I always wish I had chosen than over IndyLady, but it didn''t occur to me till months after I chose this name.

Naty, I''d love to take a picture! It''ll have to be a palm tree, but it''s a tree nonetheless! If I recall correctly, you''re in Greece? A friend of mine is going there to study nutrition in a small Cretan village on a Fulbright. She''s recreating a survey to see how diets have changed in the last 50 years. Her family is Greek, so she''s going to be working under a great uncle of hers. Please excuse me if I was totally wrong, and you''re not in Greece!
PS. If you want an affordable old cut, check out the vendor I bought this from. He doesn''t have too many in stock now, but here''s a link.
IndyLady, i just saw this! First of all, you''re absolutely right, indeed i am in Greece! Second, congrats on your friend''s interesting work and on her upcoming trip to the beautiful greek island of Crete! If she''s studying Nutrition she is definitely at the right place. I hear that there has been much research (both from individuals and the university) on the issue of cretans'' traditional nutrition, because it is proved that it has been keeping them healthy and long, loooong living for centuries. Fresh olive oil, fresh fish and seafood, vegetables in raw and cooked form, fruits cut straight from the tree,meat from goats that they breed themselves and an alcoholic drink that they produce themselves, "tsikoudia", are the base of their nutrition, which kept them strong for so long. Unfortunately, after most parts of the island have been exposed to the excess tourism, etc, during the last decades, the cretans'' nutrition and cooking has changed and thus their health has also changed, unfortunately for the worse...I believe that your friend''s survey and its results will be extremely interesting!
And by the way...Thank you so much for the link
2.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Helio- I always knew helitrope as a pretty color of purple, I had no idea it was used in so many other ways!

Naty- Those foods sound delicious. What you''ve said is sums up exactly what my friend is studying; it makes me wish I could go with her!

Thank you for your kind comments Bella, Legra, Luckyeshe, Tigian, Marcy, Ltlfirecracker, Sparkles, and Princessplease!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2010 2:34:21 PM
Author: IndyLady

Indy - I''m sure they could!! I worked with DanielM on etsy on my studs, they''re waiting at the PO for me
18.gif
Really affordable and incredibly quick, and it looks like does lovely work, can''t wait to see them in person tomorrow!

You need another stone, so you can bezel one and martini the other
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I like the way you think!
11.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results