shape
carat
color
clarity

Medical abbreviations ''pose risk''

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
So does bad handwriting.
The last time I was in the hospital the nurse had to call one of my doctors on 2 occasions too find out exactly what he wanted done.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
We''re all given cards, and the cards are posted everywhere of abbreviations we CANNOT use, and how we should write it out instead. The nurses also know these red flags and do not take orders that have these abbreviations. The pharmacy also refuses the orders if the forbidden abbreviations are in them. The doctor has to come back and re-write the order correctly before it goes through.

As for the hand writing thing, hard to solve because in some cases the handwriting is just plain old BAD. It will may be a moot point in the nearish future since electronic records are being integrated and orders and notes are typed rather than written.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 2:22:04 AM
Author: gingerBcookie
We''re all given cards, and the cards are posted everywhere of abbreviations we CANNOT use, and how we should write it out instead. The nurses also know these red flags and do not take orders that have these abbreviations. The pharmacy also refuses the orders if the forbidden abbreviations are in them. The doctor has to come back and re-write the order correctly before it goes through.

As for the hand writing thing, hard to solve because in some cases the handwriting is just plain old BAD. It will may be a moot point in the nearish future since electronic records are being integrated and orders and notes are typed rather than written.
Glad its being addressed.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And lots of other factors are responsible for incorrect treatment as well.

However, just avoid Dr''s and Nurses if you wish to avoid such medical accidents....

Have you ever noticed that hospitals have an attocious death rate.... and nursing homes are far worse. Some people would argue that you are better off never going there.

So, we all take our risk. That is part of life.

I belive that in most cases a Dr or hospital can help me. If I really felt that I was dying (soon) I see no need to do so in a hospital or nursing home.

Perry

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yea I avoid both when I can...
specially with the MRSA cover up/underreporting going on.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2008 9:22:22 AM
Author: perry
And lots of other factors are responsible for incorrect treatment as well.

However, just avoid Dr''s and Nurses if you wish to avoid such medical accidents....

Have you ever noticed that hospitals have an attocious death rate.... and nursing homes are far worse. Some people would argue that you are better off never going there.

So, we all take our risk. That is part of life.

I belive that in most cases a Dr or hospital can help me. If I really felt that I was dying (soon) I see no need to do so in a hospital or nursing home.

Perry
I totally agree.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results