shape
carat
color
clarity

Mechanical Watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Can somone point me in the right direction for a mechanical watch for a great price. Pricescope has convinced to get the best product for the best price. There were a lot of posts from Dancing Fire about mechanical watches. RU still around Dancing Fire?

I like the Jaeger Le Coultre mechanical watches (Reverso). I think they offer the best quality for price. I priced the Pateks and they started at 10,000. I can''t afford my GF''s Lucida and a Patek together right now, so I would rather get a JLC. Sorry about rambling, but can anyone offer any help or advice. Are there any reliable prosumer sites like pricescope for Mechanical watches. i checked out a couple of sites and they don''t come close to pricesope (AT ALL)! Thanks! The sites were full of scam artists and etc.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
salmon

for the money...you can''t go wrong with a JLC reverso watch
36.gif
beautifully finish movements.
30.gif
you should be able to buy JLC for 25-30% off of retail.

here''s a site about watches.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=threadt&frm_id=32

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire,

The site you directed me to seems to be mostly private vendors. How can I gurantee i''m getting the real deal, especially since this is my first major watch purchase. I''m not able to authenticate the watch personally and I currently live in Pakistan. I doubt anyone here can provide that service for me. Is there any vendors in particular you recommend. Thanks, your help would be appreciated.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2006 1:45:48 AM
Author: salmon
Dancing Fire,

The site you directed me to seems to be mostly private vendors. How can I gurantee i'm getting the real deal, especially since this is my first major watch purchase. I'm not able to authenticate the watch personally and I currently live in Pakistan. I doubt anyone here can provide that service for me. Is there any vendors in particular you recommend. Thanks, your help would be appreciated.
salmon
hmm...Pakistan
20.gif
i don't know what advise to give you.are there any authorize JLC dealer in Pakistan? maybe have a friend in the U.S. to buy it for you? H.K. and Singapore is also a good place to buy high quality watches.

the site that i link you to mostly deals in gent's watches.

salmon

Shiny_Rock
JulieN thanks for the great article. I''m super close to India, I fly there for work and etc sometimes. Dancing on Fire, could you please recommend someone you trust on the forum you directed me to. i would like to purchase my JLC through them or another reputable e-watch company you trust and etc. Thanks in advance. And JulieN, thanks you again so much for looking up that article for me. THE PRICESCOPE PEOPLE ARE SIMPLY THE BEST! I LOVE THIS PLACE.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2006 11:08:52 AM
JulieN thanks for the great article. I'm super close to India, I fly there for work and etc sometimes. Dancing on Fire, could you please recommend someone you trust on the forum you directed me to. i would like to purchase my JLC through them or another reputable e-watch company you trust and etc. Thanks in advance. And JulieN, thanks you again so much for looking up that article for me. THE PRICESCOPE PEOPLE ARE SIMPLY THE BEST! I LOVE THIS PLACE.
i haven't been on that watch site for awhile now. maybe you can post a thread and ask who's a reputable seller for JLC watches. i bought the Lange 1 (my avatar) from a gray market dealer on timezone.com about 4 yrs ago.

here's another site on watches.
http://www.watchnet.com/

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info. By the WAY. YOUR watch is just too beautiful. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Could you post pics for all the world to see. I just love that watch. Simple, yet complex (complications), timeless, and it looks vintaged. I''ve never seen anything like it before. You''re a lucky man. Does it have a sapphire crystal back? So would love to see the organs of that beauty. Oh yeah, did you have your watch checked out by anyone to ensure it''s a legitimate A. Lange & Sohne? Thanks for the feedback.

Shannon Oliver

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here''s a back view of the watch through the sapphire crystal.they just came out with a Lange 1 for ladies.
31.gif
fake Langes are easy to spot.

l1.jpg

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Cooooooool Pics. I priced some langes and they''re expensive and very exclusive. More exclusive than say a Patek Calatrava. How do you compare Langes with other top entry level brands like:razz:atek, Audemars, Vacheron, JLC, and Girard Perrigaux. I don''t here people talk a lot about them, even among watch nuts. I think the price is prohibitive for the average person, much like the Royal Oaks. I really like the look of the Lange #1. Very uniques! Out of curiosity: What do they cost on the grey market? Thanks for the cool pics. By the way, I''m a boy Shannon. Boy Shannons are also unique and exclusive! Have a good one.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love mechanical watches that use "inhouse movements" the "true manufactures".

Lange....only manufacture about 5000-6000 watches per yr. IMO their craftsmenship is on par with PP ( of course i''m biased
28.gif
) Lange1 is the only mechanical watch with none of the functions overlap each other.

Patek....i had a #3919 YG that i sold a few yrs ago.i would love to own a #5054.

JLC....best quality watch for the money. i love their Master Perpetual silver dial in 18k RG but,they don''t make it with a sapphire crystal back.
7.gif

Vacheron....i heard they''re coming back from the dead in the last few yrs.

AP....their Royal Oaks are very popular but i''m not into sports model watches.

GP....i haven''t seen one up close.

btw; i knew you''re a HE but,i thought you were looking to buy a watch for your GF.
20.gif
33.gif

salmon

Shiny_Rock
So you thought I was getting this watch for my Girlfriend, NO WAY. She gets the Tiffany Lucida, that''s enough for a while, I suppose
2.gif
. The JLC is for me, once I finish paying the Tiffany''s premium. One question: What do you think about the JLC Reverso Duo. I''m in love with it, but haven''t examined it up close. I would like to pass it to my son (If I''m lucky) as an heirloom. I would rather have a Patek Caltrava as a heirloom, but I think the JLC is a better buy because it''s unique, protects the movement, and has a bit of a vintage look. If money wasn''t a factor, I''ve be like you and sporting an A. Lange and Sohne. What a beautiful look and watch. One day, One day, One Day. I would like to hear your impressions of the JLC Reverso Duo! Thanks. This is turning into a pretty long thread, especially for only two folks. I guess there are not too many mechanical watch nuts around this board.

35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2006 8:25:19 AM
So you thought I was getting this watch for my Girlfriend, NO WAY. She gets the Tiffany Lucida, that''s enough for a while, I suppose
2.gif
. The JLC is for me, once I finish paying the Tiffany''s premium. One question: What do you think about the JLC Reverso Duo. I''m in love with it, but haven''t examined it up close. I would like to pass it to my son (If I''m lucky) as an heirloom. I would rather have a Patek Caltrava as a heirloom, but I think the JLC is a better buy because it''s unique, protects the movement, and has a bit of a vintage look. If money wasn''t a factor, I''ve be like you and sporting an A. Lange and Sohne. What a beautiful look and watch. One day, One day, One Day. I would like to hear your impressions of the JLC Reverso Duo! Thanks. This is turning into a pretty long thread, especially for only two folks. I guess there are not too many mechanical watch nuts around this board.

35.gif
beautiful watch
36.gif
good luck
1.gif

johnxyz

Rough_Rock
DF,

I''m curious about what watch marques manufacture completely in-house. Could you give a list of those brands that do such? By the way your Lange is really nice and unique. Thanks alot. John

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2006 5:39:06 PM
Author: johnxyz
DF,

I''m curious about what watch marques manufacture completely in-house. Could you give a list of those brands that do such? By the way your Lange is really nice and unique. Thanks alot. John
John
off the top of my head
20.gif
these are the watch Co. that use their own movements in all of their models.

Rolex...since they started using their own movement in the Daytona model a few yrs ago.

Patek Philippe... now 100% inhouse, if they''re using their own movement in chrono watches
20.gif

JLC....Lange....Glashutte Original...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results