shape
carat
color
clarity

Maybe "Smart" devices ain't so smart after all

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only so-called "Smart" thingie I own is a phone, but I've made it as dumb as possible by turning off EVERYTHING and never downloading a single app. Ever.

I also vehemenently resent the subliminal and insulting marketing manipulation of calling products "smart".

How stupid and gullible do they think we are?
(No need to answer that.)

snip:
"Issues with surveillance systems like cameras and doorbells continue to make headlines, stoking security and privacy concerns, reminding people who own smarthome gadgets that some devices intended to make homes safer or more convenient continue to pose some serious security risks."

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
A smart device that inundates you with ads so you can't see the searched for content.
Nail 'em, kenny.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Preach it Kenny!!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My family still insists on buying me amazon spy devices once in a while and I continue to give them away to people who wont listen and already have 1 or more.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Preach it Kenny!!!!

Amen, Brother! :mrgreen:

I can 't believe ANYONE allows internet-connected microphones and cameras, into their home/car/life especially if they have kids. :doh::doh::doh:
They probably leave their bedroom curtains open when they change their underwear, or do the In & Out thing :-o:-o:-o wink wink, nudge nudge.

I've read about teenage boys in their bedrooms hacking into state of the art security systems of banks and the U.S. government.

That's why minimizing our exposure is wise, or if you read the article ... wyze. ;))
Do you really need all that creepy stuff?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results