shape
carat
color
clarity

Max Lang Turquoise Earrings--help with pricing to sell?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello! A good friend of mine owns and loves these earrings, but doesn't wear them anymore because she feels they're too heavy and pull on her earlobes too much for her comfort. I'm having trouble finding anything comparable (from the same designer) on ebay. They were made by Max Lang out of Houston, TX. Currently, there are no earrings listed for sale on their website. I don't have any idea of what sterling silver designer pieces are going for at the moment, pre-owned or new. If anyone has any guidance to offer, I'm much obliged. Here are some pics of the earrings:

maxlangearrings001.jpg

mlearringssize.jpg

maxlangearrings005.jpg

maxlangearrings004.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't spent much time here in the Jewelry Pieces subforum. Do you think I would get responses if I asked Ella to move this thread to Colored Stones? Thanks in advance!! :wavey:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Monarch, CS might get more responses. I don't think she would get much for those, frankly. They are kind of clunky, imho, & not especially in current style. Turquoise like that is inexpensive -- I don't know what the other stone is, but it looks like the pebbles in my garden. Silver isn't blingy enough to add anything. Not sure she'd make more than the shipping cost. Honestly, if they were mine, I'd think about giving them to someone. I could be wrong -- others may have better ideas.

--- Laurie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
we see a lot of this type of thing in this area of California. high end and low end. I think they are attractive but they might be better made into pendants or brooches. perhaps as gifts for family members.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your responses, Laurie and MoZo! Very helpful.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update:

Thanks again Laurie, and MoZo for your opinions! My friend has decided to have a local jeweler turn them into clip-on settings so she can wear the earrings again more comfortably. I truly appreciate your input and help! :wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great idea! :appl:
I hope she enjoys them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results