shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching E-ring with an eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

petschska

Rough_Rock
My fiance would like an eternity band for her wedding band. She currently has a 0.7 ct D VS2 Tiffany set solitaire on a platinum band. I attached a picture of it.

My first question is will I be able to notice the difference in colors of the diamonds between the e-ring and the eternity band? What should be the highest color I can accept?

Secondly, do you think a shared prong set or channel set eternity band with round diamonds will look better?

What is largest total ct weight of the eternity band, that will not overpower her solitaire?

Thanks.

Ring02.jpg

petschska

Rough_Rock
A side shot.

Ring04.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your fiancé has a beautiful e-ring!

I think channel set diamonds look the best.with an e-ring because they add some nice sparkle but will not distract from the beautiful solitaire diamond. Since the ring is platnum I would look for near colorless diamonds for the eternity band, I don’t think you’d notice the difference in color. My solitaire is an E in yellow gold and looks fine next to my old anniversary band that is probably H/I.

I would probably go with around a one carat band.

Have fun shopping!

Marcy

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s all really a matter of personal taste/preference.......I''d say F/G stones for the band would be ok. I very much prefer the look of shared prong eternity bands. I''d say 2 or 3 point stones would look nice. There is just something so gorgeous about a solitaire with eternity band!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ering. Has she given you any hints as to what she would like in an eternity band?? I''d definitely look at www.thefacetscollection.com Many styles to choose from there, and if you want you can choose colorless stones. I have bought 2 eternity band from them, and have been very satisfied with the cut and the quality.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2007 11:44:49 PM
Author: Jenn5504
I think it's all really a matter of personal taste/preference.......I'd say F/G stones for the band would be ok. I very much prefer the look of shared prong eternity bands. I'd say 2 or 3 point stones would look nice. There is just something so gorgeous about a solitaire with eternity band!
36.gif
Ditto.

Beautiful ring! Welcome to PS!
35.gif

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
To answer all of your questions I think the best thing to do is for both of you to go to some jewelry stores and have her try on different eternity rings with her engagement ring. That way you can see for yourselves how low in color you want to go, will be able to see what ct weight looks best with/does not overpower the center stone, and you can see if she likes the look of shared prong or channel the best.

Basically don''t listen to what we would want (because we may all have different tastes from your fiancee)- see what SHE wants! All of these things are a matter of personal preference- there are no "rules" about them that we can impart to you.

Good luck with the ring search!

petschska

Rough_Rock
I totally agree with you havernell. Unfortunately, I''m currently living 1100 miles away from her so that would be a bit difficult. It sure would make this a lot easier though. It just seems like a lot of vendors offer mostly H SI diamonds in their eternity bands and I''m afraid of how that might turn out next to a D.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I've heard that smaller stones (as in eternity band stones) face up whiter than larger stones, as in the engagement ring. H might be ok........maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm or deny this. I ordered my eternity band from Signed Pieces (facets). They have been wonderful to work with. I had my band done with lower color stones to go better with my J ering. They will do whatever you need/request.

petschska

Rough_Rock
So I think we've decided on this one
1.gif
. Unless someone knows of anything I should be concerned about. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Platinum Channel-Set Eternity Band, 27 Round Brilliant Diamonds, 0.91ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity
So that's about 3.37 pt per diamond.
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=3834

SPchannel_eternity.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 9:05:50 AM
Author: petschska
So I think we''ve decided on this one
1.gif
. Unless someone knows of anything I should be concerned about. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Platinum Channel-Set Eternity Band, 27 Round Brilliant Diamonds, 0.91ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity

So that''s about 3.37 pt per diamond.

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=3834

Nope, Facets/Signed pieces is great, their quality is very good too. Also, just FYI, all (or at least most) of Tiffany''s eternity bands are G because they say that it compliments every color of diamond they sell (they sell only D-I).

petschska

Rough_Rock
I have one last reservation. Her current engagement ring is only 2 mm. The eternity band we were considering was 3.2 mm. The smallest channel set eternity band I can find is 2.3 mm. I wish I could see this in person. The jewelry stores in her area have not had too many options unfortunately and she hasn't been able to really compare things like we would like.

Does anyone have any pictures of an engagement ring with a wider wedding band. Preferably, a solitaire and eternity, but I'll take what I can get. Can you list the widths?

Do you think it's possible to buy a couple and then return the one that we don't like as much? Has anyone tried this with Signed Pieces?

Thanks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2007 1:48:28 PM
Author: petschska
I have one last reservation. Her current engagement ring is only 2 mm. The eternity band we were considering was 3.2 mm. The smallest channel set eternity band I can find is 2.3 mm. I wish I could see this in person. The jewelry stores in her area have not had too many options unfortunately and she hasn''t been able to really compare things like we would like.

Does anyone have any pictures of an engagement ring with a wider wedding band. Preferably, a solitaire and eternity, but I''ll take what I can get. Can you list the widths?

Do you think it''s possible to buy a couple and then return the one that we don''t like as much? Has anyone tried this with Signed Pieces?

Thanks.
Yes, you can buy two and return one. That is exactly what I''d do. With the e-ring diamond being set low, you need to have a low set wedding band. I prefer shared prong bands, but regardless, I''d want the wedding band to not be too much wider than the e-ring band. You really need to try them with her ring to know what would work best.

colldoll

Rough_Rock
I have a 2 carat round solitaire and a channel-set eternity band. My eternity band is a total of .72 cts; like you, I didn''t want the band to take away at all from the solitaire, but to accent it and draw attention to it. I tried both channel set and shared prong/bead set bands, and though both my husband and I thought we wanted shared prong/bead set, the channel looked much better. Let me see if I can find a picture of my set for you on here...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the reverse situation. My e-ring diamond is an I and my wedding band diamonds are a f/g. I do not notice a different.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally like shared prong bands better and would do a band with .02''s (2 pointers) which would be about 2mm wide to pair with the e-ring..

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 3:54:35 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I personally like shared prong bands better and would do a band with .02''s (2 pointers) which would be about 2mm wide to pair with the e-ring..
Me too, that would be a lovely look.

petschska

Rough_Rock
She prefers the look of the channel set, plus she''s very active.

Is a 1 mm difference in width between the wedding band and e-ring going to be dramatic?

Still would love some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results