shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching diamonds for my earrings!

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am a new member and this is my first post! Maybe it's too late since I have already asked my dealer (committed to buying) to get them. But I would still like your thoughts on the stones I chose for my earrings, especially in matching. I am very OCD :wacko: and guess I need reassurance.

I selected these two:
j, vvs1, 1.5cts, 7.37-7.40 x 4.49, table 57%, CA 34.5, PA 40.6, star length 55% and
j, vvs2, 1.56cts, 7.39-7.42 x 4.59, table 57%, CA 34.5, PA 40.8, star length 50%.

It is a result of my very painstaking search and after so much agonizing, :sick: , the best I could come up with. I haven't seen them. It's on the way to my area. What do you think? Are they perfectly matched? I am worried about the star length. Do you need any other data? I appreciate any comments. Thank you all in advance. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like a great match from the numbers! The diameters and table sizes match and so does color. Most people do not want to pay for VVS clarity, however, especially in earrings. I'd rather go to I color and VS2 clarity (and many here choose SI1 for studs). But bottom line, look at them and see what you think. Never buy without a good return policy in case you decide to look further.

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the reply. I got a great discount on them. I am only paying ~ 500$ more for these than what I would have to pay for J VS2. I think I will have to pay a lot more for I,vs2. Am I wrong? And they are GIA XXX, and the hca score is TIC for both. Since I don't have unlimited budget, I sacrifice color for sparkles. I can return or upgrade.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Himalayas|1400252384|3674154 said:
Thank you for the reply. I got a great discount on them. I am only paying ~ 500$ more for these than what I would have to pay for J VS2. I think I will have to pay a lot more for I,vs2. Am I wrong? And they are GIA XXX, and the hca score is TIC for both. Since I don't have unlimited budget, I sacrifice color for sparkles. I can return or upgrade.

Great job from the info we have matching these up, they should look brilliant together. For the sake of completeness, it would be useful to have the lower girdle facet value too, I don't think you need to worry about the star %. Also, as DS mentions, you don't need to have such high clarity unless you want to, especially in earrings, but that depends on your good self and your preferences, you are not wrong at all if VVS is fine with you. These two stones are most definitely worth a good looking over! :Up_to_something:

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Hi Lorelei,

Are you talking about girdle percentage? They are both medium to slightly thick, faceted, 3.5% and 4%.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Himalayas|1400255074|3674192 said:
Hi Lorelei,

Are you talking about girdle percentage? They are both medium to slightly thick, faceted, 3.5% and 4%.

Hi Himalayas,

The lower girdle facet percentage for each diamond if you have it please, it will be on the outline of the diamond diagram on the report towards the bottom, it will mention something like lower girdle facets 80% or 75%, we should be in the ballpark with either. No big deal but for the sake of completeness, good to know.

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Lorelei|1400255357|3674193 said:
Hi Lorelei,

Hi Himalayas,

The lower girdle facet percentage for each diamond if you have it please, it will be on the outline of the diamond diagram on the report towards the bottom, it will mention something like lower girdle facets 80% or 75%, we should be in the ballpark with either. No big deal but for the sake of completeness, good to know.

Got it! They are both 80%.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Himalayas|1400258719|3674233 said:
Lorelei|1400255357|3674193 said:
Hi Lorelei,

Hi Himalayas,

Got it! They are both 80%.

Excellent, thank you! I hope you will post some photos when you get them! I would just love studs of that size sparkling in my ears, they will be super stunning and glamorous!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I would say higher color lower clarity for larger size but 1.50 each is pretty large ...The stones sound gorgeous. I t is hard to find great matching stones. My stones are EGL F color which means probably GIA J and I love them and get comments about how white they are so a true GIA J is probably gorgeous. Wear them in good health and send photos..........

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1400270159|3674360 said:
I would say higher color lower clarity for larger size but 1.50 each is pretty large ...The stones sound gorgeous. I t is hard to find great matching stones. My stones are EGL F color which means probably GIA J and I love them and get comments about how white they are so a true GIA J is probably gorgeous. Wear them in good health and send photos..........

I hope we get photos of these beauties too Heidi, a honkin' pair of beautifully cut studs are always a sight to behold, I can't wait to see these.... :cheeky:

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Thanks Heidi for sharing your diamond facts. I have seen GiA Ks and can barely see the yellow, if any at all. So I thought that J would be just fine for me. I will post the pic for you and Lorelei, hopefully next week, after I get them. I am going on a vacation after my purchase and am going to have them custom set over there, where it's a lot cheaper. But I might get temporary settings and take pictures for you guys before I go. If not, I will post pics in a month. Thank you all so very much!

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot Lorelei for your very generous compliments. You are so kind!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Himalayas|1400271363|3674377 said:

* curtseys* I try! I am genuinely excited for you, you did a great job choosing as far as I can tell and I am looking forward to seeing them. Keep them squeaky clean to keep them sparkling and if you use hairspray, put them in once the spray has been applied and you move out of the area, it's amazing how much hairspray gunk can get on diamond earrings and it can be stubborn to remove I find.

May I also suggest a couple of new pairs of Jackie O style shades and a red lipstick to complement your stunning earrings...? :tongue:

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Lorelei|1400271756|3674383 said:

May I also suggest a couple of new pairs of Jackie O style shades and a red lipstick to complement your stunning earrings...? :tongue:

I might just do that :naughty: :rodent:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Himalayas|1400299040|3674682 said:
Lorelei|1400271756|3674383 said:

I might just do that :naughty: :rodent:

I think you should give it some serious consideration.... :cheeky: Oh and a high end bronzer to get those cheekbones popping to further enhance your sparkly earrings....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Himalayas|1400271153|3674376 said:
Thanks Heidi for sharing your diamond facts. I have seen GiA Ks and can barely see the yellow, if any at all. So I thought that J would be just fine for me. I will post the pic for you and Lorelei, hopefully next week, after I get them. I am going on a vacation after my purchase and am going to have them custom set over there, where it's a lot cheaper. But I might get temporary settings and take pictures for you guys before I go. If not, I will post pics in a month. Thank you all so very much!

I just wanted to add a few words concerning the above, I am not sure where you are located and intend to travel to and please forgive me if you already know this, but you mention above you are planning on having the stones set on vacation? Check with the local customs office you will encounter on your journey to find out what the rules are before you travel. It might be much simpler to just have them set in your own country or get the vendor to do it. I hope this helps!

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advise. I am covered.

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Sorry about the delay. Here is the pic. I love it!

_19447.jpg

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Just taken with an iPhone in a dark room. Sorry about the quality. Filtered morning sun light.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee - FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet they look stunning on, are you pleased with them?? :cheeky: :love: Need some ear shots pleeease..... :tongue:

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Lorelei|1403516507|3699068 said:

I bet they look stunning on, are you pleased with them?? :cheeky: :love: Need some ear shots pleeease..... :tongue:

I am more than pleased. :razz:

_19453.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Himalayas|1403540661|3699232 said:
Lorelei|1403516507|3699068 said:

I am more than pleased. :razz:

wowzer.gif

Those are incredible and what a healthy size too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the ear shots, utter perfection!!!!!!!!!!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Those are an awesome size!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results