shape
carat
color
clarity

Master Cut Gems - delivery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By coincidence a thread was started in the past few days asking about Master Cut Gems but at that time I was waiting for a delivery. This morning it arrived and to say I'm thrilled is an understatement.

The entire buying process with Master Cut Gems has been smooth. Dana is a wonderful vendor, very knowledgeable and super friendly as well as being the epitome of a gentleman. The detail he gives you about the gemstone is wonderful because he makes sure to tell you as much as he can (which from a collector's point of view is superb). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

So without further ado, here are the stats and photos:

Gemstone: Bi colour Tourmaline
Origin: Moro Redando Mine, Brazil (mined out about 15 years ago)
Weight: 2.45ct
Size: 10 x 7.4mm
Clarity: VS2 - SI1

It was the colour that really attracted me to this gemstone as you don't often see it. This is indicolite blue at one end and a rusty pink at the other - I love that it looks like somebody has let it go rusty!!!!

First up is Dana's photo and as you'll see his photo is spot on!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My photo

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In incandescent lighting

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very interesting.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely and intriguing stone. What do you plan to do with it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a cool stone LD. What are you going to do with it?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats an amazing stone. Very curious as to what you''re doing to do with it
36.gif

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PUUUURTY

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have absolutely no idea what to do with this! Any ideas?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''d make a cool pendant!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 12:02:34 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Rose gold???!!
31.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 1:52:28 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 12/13/2009 12:02:34 PM
Rose gold???!!
31.gif
*slaps TL''s wrists and runs away giggling*

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a unique stone. Definately a conversation piece! I bet it would be lovely in rose gold!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that TL is correct; rose gold matches the dusty red and will also highlight the blue portion. Looks like this one is clean enough to be set safely?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
It is a lovely and unusual stone. I came very close to buying it, but decided to save up for another project. I thought it would look great in a white gold or silver bezel set east-west as a pendant.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 6:08:35 PM
Author: Chrono
I have to admit that TL is correct; rose gold matches the dusty red and will also highlight the blue portion. Looks like this one is clean enough to be set safely?
I know but I''d never wear it then! I don''t "do" rose gold but this is one item that really is crying out for it BUT it''s not going to get it lol!

Yes I think it''s clean enough to be set safely which is a relief.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 7:51:13 PM
Author: Kay
It is a lovely and unusual stone. I came very close to buying it, but decided to save up for another project. I thought it would look great in a white gold or silver bezel set east-west as a pendant.
I was thinking a bezel also but wondered if you''d lose too much of the pink section? Spill the beans then ..... what''s your project if you don''t mind sharing?

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 7:55:08 PM

I was thinking a bezel also but wondered if you''d lose too much of the pink section? Spill the beans then ..... what''s your project if you don''t mind sharing?

Nice stone LD. Could you make a paper or foil bezel to see how much red you might lose? I can imagine it as a pendant, north south . At the lower end the red with the blue floating free above.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea what you should do with it, but whatever you decide is going to be gorgeous. I just have to glance at your avatar to know that.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s an interesting stone, and very cool looking. IF bezeling would cover too much of the red could it be wire wrapped? I met someone that does that with gold wire. The pendant she was wearing was very cool.

HTH

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and I vote for rose gold too.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 7:55:08 PM

Hmmm, I don''t know how much of the pink you would lose. Something about that stone made me think bezel, but klewis'' suggestion of a north-south pendant with the pink at the bottom could also look really cool with the right bale design.

I am on the hunt for a neon blue or greenish blue tourmaline for a ring. I want either an EC or elongated cushion in the 7x9 mm or 8x10 mm (or just slightly larger) size range or a square emerald or cushion 8-9 mm square. Like many, I want a tourmaline that is similar to Paraiba, but without that kind of price. I saw a gorgeous one that Dana cut for Litnon, but it is sold. http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=7629

Whenever I see one I love, it is already sold. http://www.litnon.com/viewgem.php?gemid=615&id=1639

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....such an amazing specimen from the Earth!
30.gif
Makes me wonder what else is down there!

Lori

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very cool stone, I came close to buying this one as well.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results