shape
carat
color
clarity

Married Lady Hands!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's been a little over three weeks since the wedding (!), and I still catch myself looking down at the rings and mouthing the word "married." Because I'm weird like that.

It's *also* the first time since the wedding since I've had a spare minute, oddly enough ... but since I do, figured I might as well share the joy!

First shot: just a little reminder of the e-ring, i.e., an excuse for me to post my first attempt at a flower shot:

My First Flower Shot ... Aw.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aaaaaaaaand, our traditional Thanksgiving dinner of Chinese takeout arrived just as I was trying to figure out what I''d done wrong in Take 1: Take 2 coming up soon!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
oh no! The pic wouldn''t load!
7.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Hey, send it to me! I''ll post it!!! KIDDING!

I have been fighting to get pics to post all day. I feel for you! Sigh . . .

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's a running joke with my students that, obviously, technology hates me. Let's try this again:

ETA: Well, so much for that: maybe it's just The Cute, and the actual RING pictures will come through ....

(the flower shot is working as the current avatar, if that helps)

My First Flower Shot ... Take2.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
An attempt to post my favorite shot of the e-ring and wedding ring together so far:

Favorite Shot So far.JPG

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Finally!

I love your e-ring setting and it looks great with your band!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AHAHAHAHA! VICTORY!

Ahem. Pratchett might call that the laugh of a madwoman, but I beg to differ ... here''s a slightly clearer shot, sans fire;

Wedding Set!.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, DB! It''s a literal etoile ring ... 7 tiny diamond-centered scattered stars, with numerous others engraved. Here''s a shot of the band alone ....

DSC01347.JPG

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering if you were going to post pics!!! WB and sincere congratulations!
36.gif
I am totally in love with your WB!! You got it custom made, didn''t you?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I still love your wedding band since you first posted it!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, guys! Yep, we went the custom route through the family jeweler as we couldn''t seem to find the exact things we wanted out there anywhere (and even the family jeweler felt a little leery about going below 3 mm for my band). I think it worked out nicely, though ... any thicker and I''d feel like it overpowered the e-ring. Which is kind of a separate question ... see, I bought my e-ring on a freezing NY February day, after an hour or two in a sweltering store. Those of you who, er, react to surrounding conditions might know where I''m going with this ....

My e-ring is a size 6, whereas my left ring finger is generally a size 5.5. On the other hand - if you''ll pardon the expression - my right hand, where I generally wear my wedding ring (Russian) is a size 5.75. Now, I can wear both on my right hand when it''s sweltering, as in the above pics, or I can wear both on the left hand if I employ the little sizer I made ... but I''m not sure if the sizer makes the set look worse than it does otherwise. If it does, I''ll get the e-ring sized down to a 5.75 and wear both on the right hand (with the option of switching to the left if my hands get bigger with childbirth, age, etc.). If not, things will probably stay as they are below ... thoughts?

With sizer .....JPG

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:) Your rings and settings are truly stunning, classic but a little different
30.gif
:)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful and both are so unique! I love the claws on your ER!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Your rings are gorgeous.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, drat it - *now* I notice that the picture of the rings with the sizer failed to attach! One of these days I''m bound to get the hang of this ....

Ladies, thank you all so much! SDL, I posted a quiet little thread before the wedding, sans hand-shots, at DH''s request (he wanted to be the first to see the set together, and *after* the ceremony - bah, tradition). Figured that this might be a case of better late than never ... and I really am delighted about how it worked out! I''d been worried that the gap might be too extreme, or the disparity between the styles jarring. Lyra, thank you - it''s a fishtail prong setting (not the most poetic of names). The style is kinda Nouveau, and kinda Deco, and, to my eye, very pretty - not to mention the illusion of greater size to stave off that nasty shrinkage.

Now to see if I can make the set-w/sizer work (though maybe I should just do a separate thread for that?) - I''m hoping its only The Cute of the flower shot that''s beyond my powers, and not the basic posting ....

With sizer.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Your set is stunning and unique! Congrats on your marriage!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo I love both of your rings.....just gorgeous!!!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings. Congratulations on your recent marriage.
36.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Anchor, CatMom, and Fly Girl - feels like we''re off to a great start!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
pretty!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results